PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE WITH A CLUE?

reality
30-12-2004, 05:14 PM
A:
Dont know how many of you are from NYC but never mind that.....why oh why is the techno-specific "scene" here so cliq-ish and never want or try to bring up anyone new or just not of superstarstatus...arrrgh it urks me.....

B:
Ive been around for about 12yrs now and have seen the whole seen here diminish to a point where the Prog/NRG is the "music of choice". Ive spun at countless parties up and down the east coast over the years and just cant seem to pinpoint the problem...

C:
Why oh why no matter how hard you promote yourself it still comes down to who you know and not what the people that pay for the tickets want....

please help in my quest for the truth.....

HAPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

Martin Dust
30-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Try these peeps - seem friendly enough...

Friday December 31

***THE BUNKER***

Special Guests:
Todd Osborn (Ghostly, Rephlex, Databass | MI)
James T. Cotton aka Dabrye (Spectral, Ghostly, TNT | MI)

Tadd Mullinix is a man with many musical guises, making him
an ideal Bunker guest. Perhaps most well known as
downtempo artist Dabrye, he also produces dirty acid techno
as James T. Cotton, and ragga jungle as SK-1. The fact
that he does all of this so well is really mind-boggling.

Todd Osborn, Tadd's partner in dancefloor crime, is equally
as diverse and talented. He makes classic 4-to-the-floor
techno as Osborne, booty house as Starski and Clutch, and
ragga jungle as Soundmurderer. Like Tadd, he does it all
incredibly well.

We're flying both of them in from Detroit for exclusive DJ
sets of eclectic party music drawn from their many
different crates (all of them quite deep).

Extensive artist bios and more info at:
www.ghostly.com/

plus residents: Spinoza, Movement
visuals: David Last and guests

subTonic
107 Norfolk Street (between Rivington and Delancey)
(212)358-7501
$10, 21+, 10p-late
free champagne toast at midnight

more info, upcoming guests, heavy rotation -
http://www.klever.org/thebunkernyc

The Overfiend
30-12-2004, 10:54 PM
I felt the same way until I realized that a lot of New York scene has to do with a very no bullshit mentality. You really do need good networking skills as well as something to offer that is second to none or different from what is already availible. Sorry to say there are brilliant dj's in every circle and every clique has the next 4 turntable terror waiting to bust out. Integrally it is what you have to offer and your ability to network and weed out the bullshit from the real. Especially being from new york you can weed out the shit from the real in a heart beat, so I see the point about cliques and such. But you maintain a respect of self when people know you have integrity. Sorry to say drama and gossip is a reality, but if people are talking about you then maybe you are on the mind. no?

steelgrooves
31-12-2004, 12:59 AM
A:
Dont know how many of you are from NYC but never mind that.....why oh why is the techno-specific "scene" here so cliq-ish and never want or try to bring up anyone new or just not of superstarstatus...arrrgh it urks me.....

B:
Ive been around for about 12yrs now and have seen the whole seen here diminish to a point where the Prog/NRG is the "music of choice". Ive spun at countless parties up and down the east coast over the years and just cant seem to pinpoint the problem...

C:
Why oh why no matter how hard you promote yourself it still comes down to who you know and not what the people that pay for the tickets want....

please help in my quest for the truth.....

HAPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

Yeah living in the US of A can be a B#@ch. Its not like that only in NY trust me.

MARKEG
31-12-2004, 02:15 AM
i have to say ny amazes me. i really would love ot know the answers to these q's ;)

steelgrooves
31-12-2004, 02:58 AM
When I was there for the Carola party at avalon majority of the crowd was the asian community. I think they would have been there regardless if it were carola or oakenfold. All they wanted to do was wig out with each other.

But had they not been there I dont think the place wouldve been crowded at all so, at least whoever did the show made out. There def wer'nt very many true headz out there pumpin thier fists to the beat. I was kinda surprised.

278d7e64a374de26f==