PDA

View Full Version : Ableton question

Greg Dee
30-12-2004, 06:59 PM
After exporting ACIDized loops from fruity, I try sticking them into ableton but it doesnt read them like they should be read. Usually theres a 1 beat space before the loop starts. 4 beat loops become 3 beat loops. How can i get ableton to read my loops correctly? I cant find any feature within the program to edit the loop back into its original state. Help!

xfive
30-12-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure if I am understanding your question correctly regarding the whole "4 beat loops become 3 beat loops" thing... but I often export loops i've done and drop them into Live with no problems at all.

I don't think I use the "ACIDized" option either.

Greg Dee
30-12-2004, 07:48 PM
a dead audio space somehow makes its way into the first beat of the loop, and cuts the last beat off the loop. so the loop starts on the 2nd beat and only plays 3 beats of the original loop rather than all 4.

xfive
30-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Weird man.. dunno.
Try turning the "ACIDized" option off.

DJZeMigL
30-12-2004, 08:05 PM
until u find why use the loop only from the 2nd beat (leave silence), make the loop one bar longer than what U need(leave silence)...

U can easily trim the dead silence in live...

Are u sure u are setting the limits of the export well? (in acid that is??)

Z

Greg Dee
30-12-2004, 08:20 PM
fixed.

xfive
30-12-2004, 08:21 PM
And what was the verdict? :lol:

Greg Dee
30-12-2004, 09:21 PM
the delay that i had on my synth was making the loop start one beat later...so i ditched it, redered the synth dry, and then used that same delay in ableton and viola! same loop, ableton friendly.

Ritzi Lee
30-12-2004, 09:35 PM
use the tab to beatmatch.
and if you want to ajust it more precisely,
use the metronome.

neilried
31-12-2004, 10:55 AM
After exporting ACIDized loops from fruity, I try sticking them into ableton but it doesnt read them like they should be read. Usually theres a 1 beat space before the loop starts. 4 beat loops become 3 beat loops. How can i get ableton to read my loops correctly? I cant find any feature within the program to edit the loop back into its original state. Help!

Not sure if this is what you mean but will mention it anyway but if you mean it compresses the timing of your loop and inserts a silence at the end of the loop then try this...

On the export dialog box theres a section with an option called "remainder" and you can select wrap cut or leave remainder, if you leave it, this is what happens as it includes the fx. Ie reverb or another effect that goes beyond the loop region and adds them to the end of what you expected.

I find if you leave it on acidised (but then I only work in acid and FL so cant speak for Ableton) and export a copy of the loop with the remainder cut this works for your first repetition of the loop, then a second copy with wrap remainder option selected for loops there after.

Reason being if your FX build through the loop and you set it to wrap remainder the first repetition will sound different to your sequence in FL because the FX from the end are pasted over the very begining of the loop.

Greg Dee
31-12-2004, 06:04 PM

Not sure if this is what you mean but will mention it anyway but if you mean it compresses the timing of your loop and inserts a silence at the end of the loop then try this...

On the export dialog box theres a section with an option called "remainder" and you can select wrap cut or leave remainder, if you leave it, this is what happens as it includes the fx. Ie reverb or another effect that goes beyond the loop region and adds them to the end of what you expected.

I find if you leave it on acidised (but then I only work in acid and FL so cant speak for Ableton) and export a copy of the loop with the remainder cut this works for your first repetition of the loop, then a second copy with wrap remainder option selected for loops there after.

Reason being if your FX build through the loop and you set it to wrap remainder the first repetition will sound different to your sequence in FL because the FX from the end are pasted over the very begining of the loop.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
you just made my weekend man!

neilried
05-01-2005, 10:52 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:
you just made my weekend man!

No problem, glad to have helped... ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==