PDA

View Full Version : hard techno track- Nightmare On Hunslet Grange

Dave Elyzium
30-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Here's a hard techno track I've just finished...would really appreciate any feedback re EQ, mixing etc or just any general feeling towards the track!!! Thanks for listening :) :)

http://www.elyzium.demon.co.uk/dave_elyzium_-_nightmare_on_hunslet_grange.mp3

BRADLEE
30-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Yo, I really enjoy this tune. Fecking great hard Schranzy stuff along the lines of KD smith. I would most definately rock this one out!!!

Dave Elyzium
30-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey thanks mate :) Glad you enjoyed it :) if you use CD's at all then feel free to give this a spin!

can anyone suggest any labels to target with this tune?? as im not really a techno producer at all so im not that clued up on the scene to be honest?

Dj Swannie
30-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I really enjoyed this track too, i really liked the pan effect on some of the layers of the track, it made it sound alive & intresting to listen to. The kick & bass sound lovely together & im sure it will sound phat on a big sound system.

Good stuff i really liked it :twisted: :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
30-12-2004, 11:01 PM
can anyone suggest any labels to target with this tune?? as im not really a techno producer at all so im not that clued up on the scene to be honest?

I think maybe Construct Rhythm or conform. Those two have a sound very similar to this ;)

Dave Elyzium
30-12-2004, 11:09 PM
thanks for the feedback people - ive been quite guarded about people hearing any of my techno production as, like i said, im more of a part time techno producer but its really great to get such good feedback ;)

dj vorny
30-12-2004, 11:54 PM
yeah i like this dave its a nice pounding tune :clap:

Dave Elyzium
31-12-2004, 04:06 PM
after some feedback from mark, ive updated the file with the new version adding some more layers of perccusion to give it a bit more drive and depth.....what do you think?

dan the acid man
31-12-2004, 04:33 PM
i was reluctant to listen to this as im not a fan of overly distorted techno, but this rocks, some really nice cuts, and not too much distortion, nice one :cool:

Dave Elyzium
31-12-2004, 04:54 PM
cheers dan :)

dirty_bass
31-12-2004, 08:25 PM
The production is nice, but in terms of the tune itself, by about the 3 minute mark, I was already a bit bored. This kind of techno is so old now, I think to make it worthwhile you really need to do something that stands out.
Try adding a lot more crazy edits, and some kind of activity after the break that adds more energy than the tune had before it.
Maybe some more crazy synth action or something.
But there was loads of stuff around like this in 1999 so I think maybe you need to check out more techno to get an idea of what is going on these days.

lau
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Yao....

Like this track alot, the production sound really well to me, though I know nuttin'about any technical stuff so... couldnt give you any advise...

keep up the good work

lau

AcidTrash
03-01-2005, 12:23 AM
this is really good stuff. could use a little bit more development in terms of cue points for long mixes but other than that I'd play it without a second consideration.

jon connor
03-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey thanks mate :) Glad you enjoyed it :) if you use CD's at all then feel free to give this a spin!

yea mine pm me matey ;) :clap:

j_s
03-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Safe as ****. Excellent separation of the the sounds. Love the breakdown. Is quite loopy, but not overly so. Good stuff...

You say you don't usually produce techno - What style do you usually write in?

Dave Elyzium
03-01-2005, 08:08 PM
thanks JS :) i usualy write hard trance stuff have alisten here: http://www.soundclick.com/daveelyzium

Jimfish
03-01-2005, 11:43 PM
yeah ditto dirtys words exactly.. ive heard this same track about 10 times before so i think it needs somthing to stand out.. but the production is pretty good etc and it will do what its supposed to i guess.. but i dont know if its worth it when there are so many others the same.. ;)

slavestudios
04-01-2005, 02:39 AM
i like the loop & the progression but not a fan of the breakdown.

however, thats jus personal. good production.. top track :clap:

orac
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
i love sound that appears in 2'33 and this breakdown reminds me a track of boris s "hello sindy" on bitshift 008 :)

really like this production :clap:

j_s
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Just something I noticed - the eerie melody that creeps up in the breakdown sounds maybe a bit too similar to the piano hook in ASYS's acid nightmare. Stilll, sounds much better in your version.....

Dave Elyzium
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Just something I noticed - the eerie melody that creeps up in the breakdown sounds maybe a bit too similar to the piano hook in ASYS's acid nightmare. Stilll, sounds much better in your version.....

well theyre both sampled from the Nightmare On Elm Street theme so whatdyado??? but fair point on reflection....

278d7e64a374de26f==