PDA

View Full Version : Adam Beyer/Mr Sliff

Milesy
30-12-2004, 09:55 PM
How do you create that phat low stringy sound used in mr sliff
rippin and dipping and various other beyer tunes and guises.
some sort of sawtooth i presume?

loopdon
30-12-2004, 10:07 PM
i dunno, but this might help...

http://spinwarp.com/downloads/ReeseMx.zip

:cool:

it can do a bass very similar (reese bass that is) ,
but it might be something different your talkin about alltogether :shock:

Milesy
30-12-2004, 10:57 PM
think remainings III dk remix....

want to try create it on my virus

loopdon
30-12-2004, 11:37 PM
yes, then that's the one, i myself asked the same question before :cool:

definetely try that one but you can easily create that sound by doing the following:

set both oscillators to saw wave

detune them until you get the speed of modulation that youre after

It's essentially 2 detuned saw waves with a lowpass filter and distortion on it

1. Get a sampler/VSTi that will generate a sawtooth waveform.
2. Set oscillators 1 and 2 to saw (and 3 if you can).
3. Detune one or two of the oscillators a small amount.

That should give you the basic reece sound. Add fx (eg. distortion, flange) and filter the mofo till it sounds dirty

some pasted stuff, that will get you going. try the reesmx (posted in the link above) as well as that will do the trick nicely. :love:

other tha that doing a search on 'reese' or 'reece' on drum'n'bass forums will help you for sure ;)

Milesy
30-12-2004, 11:56 PM
wicked... nice one mate :twisted:

neilried
31-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Been trying to work this one out for ages too, but had the age old problem of kick being flattened by the bassline but am limited to Acid 4 and FL3.6 for software....

Does anyone know if you can "sidechain" Bassline and Kick in either FL or Acid 4 to avoid loosing impact?

loopdon
31-12-2004, 11:34 PM
In fruity it can be done via the 'peak controller' plugin.

juz whack that on your kick channel, unselect 'mute' in the plug (!!!), play with the faders in the upper half of the plug later, to control the sidechain (ducking).

the on your bassline volume knob - do a rightclick and select 'Link to controller', in that menu, under 'Internal controller' select the channel your kick is on + peak control. with the peak controller on your kick put to FX1 channel, it would read: Peak Ctrl (FX1) -Peak !!!

Then from the same menu select 'Mapping Formula' - Inverted.

On your kick channel you can now determine the amount of sidechaining by playing with the controls 'Base' , 'Volume' ,
'TNS' and 'Dec' to tailor your own sidechain..

whack a compressor behind that, if you want :cool:

neilried
05-01-2005, 10:53 AM
In fruity it can be done via the 'peak controller' plugin.

juz whack that on your kick channel, unselect 'mute' in the plug (!!!), play with the faders in the upper half of the plug later, to control the sidechain (ducking).

the on your bassline volume knob - do a rightclick and select 'Link to controller', in that menu, under 'Internal controller' select the channel your kick is on + peak control. with the peak controller on your kick put to FX1 channel, it would read: Peak Ctrl (FX1) -Peak !!!

Then from the same menu select 'Mapping Formula' - Inverted.

On your kick channel you can now determine the amount of sidechaining by playing with the controls 'Base' , 'Volume' ,
'TNS' and 'Dec' to tailor your own sidechain..

whack a compressor behind that, if you want :cool:

Top stuff thanks mate this is what I been trying to work out how to do for a long time....

loopdon
05-01-2005, 11:47 AM
:cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==