PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Sign Boumsong & Babayaro

Hakka
31-12-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm well happy.

Newcastle's defence has been awful this year. Oliver Bernard is being a mercenary and is holding out for £40,000+ a week. He feels he is one of the best players at the club. Juventus are apparently interested in signing him this Jan.

Babayaro is a good player in my eyes an I welcome him as the replacement for Bernard. Boumsong is in the French national side and has been receving loads of praise for his performances at Rangers. It does worry me as Sutton & Hartson look good in Scotland, but I genuniely feel he will be a great defender for the Toon.

Traxx
31-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Hes a good player babyaro. He will love the nightlife down newcastle way though :doh:

I smell trouble...

Esox Lucius
31-12-2004, 01:32 PM
dont blame boumsong for wanting to get away from the ibrox scum :clap:

Hakka
31-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Newcastle are apparently looking to Sign Sylvain Distin from Man City for £5million to partner Boumson.

Good idea really. Shame we didn't keep Distin when he head him on loan...

Esox Lucius
31-12-2004, 03:34 PM
keegan said he's defo not for sale.

Traxx
31-12-2004, 03:35 PM
liverpool said owen wasnt for sale.

Esox Lucius
31-12-2004, 03:47 PM
true traxx

piginabush
31-12-2004, 06:02 PM
just need another 3/4 defenders now hakka bey ;)

nick_anarchy
01-01-2005, 07:01 AM
i think its a good bit of dealing by newcastle , thay needed to strengthin up the defence after the sale of one of the best defenders in the world
( woodgate ) be interesting how thayt now pan out 5th finish i think

dee
01-01-2005, 07:54 PM
i think its a good bit of dealing by newcastle , thay needed to strengthin up the defence after the sale of one of the best defenders in the world

hope you were aving a laugh there mate, woodgate is shite :lol: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
01-01-2005, 11:34 PM
fukin shite.....souness up to his old tricks again signing anyone that becomes available.

newcastle will struggle to get top 10 this season.

piginabush
01-01-2005, 11:47 PM
fukin shite.....souness up to his old tricks again signing anyone that becomes available.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nick_anarchy
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM

hope you were aving a laugh there mate, woodgate is shite :lol: :lol:

nar hes not man , hes a very good player , just injurys have set him back

Esox Lucius
02-01-2005, 03:57 PM
woodgate is quality.

Traxx
02-01-2005, 04:02 PM
He's a walking sick note.

Hakka
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
He's a walking sick note.

He does get injured a lot. Such a shame for as he's an amazing defender.

Hakka
02-01-2005, 06:09 PM

I agree Souness is shite, but I think the two players he's signed are good signings. Babaryaro has always been a good Premiership defender and was 16 when playing European football. He's only 26 now and needs to be out playing and I'm happy to see him at SJP.

Esox Lucius
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
boumsong is worth no where near 8 million though, he's nothing special.

Hakka
02-01-2005, 07:25 PM

Bit too soon to say that mate! he hasn't even played a game in a black & white shirt yet.

Traxx
02-01-2005, 07:36 PM

Bit too soon to say that mate! he hasn't even played a game in a black & white shirt yet.

Doesnt matter whether he has worn a newcsatle shirt yet or not. Your paying for what he's done so far not what he's going to do. He's worth nothing like 8 million. He was going for like 2/3 mill when us & rangers were after him a few season's ago.

Esox Lucius
02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
didnt rangers get him on a free?

Traxx
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Nah they paid for him im sure. He wanted to come to liverpool but houlier fukd him off for some reason.

Hakka
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Doesnt matter whether he has worn a newcsatle shirt yet or not. Your paying for what he's done so far not what he's going to do. He's worth nothing like 8 million. He was going for like 2/3 mill when us & rangers were after him a few season's ago.

I was more talking about saying he's nothing special mate. I agree that £8million is a lot of money.

He left on bosman from Auxerre and turned down the shite (liverpool) to play for Rangers. Odd choice. He's had raving reviews from france and was in the Euro 2004 side (on bench). He's done well for Rangers in league and in Europe apparently.

£8million is a lot for him, I just hope he does the job well.

Esox Lucius
02-01-2005, 08:05 PM

I was more talking about saying he's nothing special mate. I agree that £8million is a lot of money.

He left on bosman from Auxerre and turned down the shite (liverpool) to play for Rangers. Odd choice. He's had raving reviews from france and was in the Euro 2004 side (on bench). He's done well for Rangers in league and in Europe apparently.

£8million is a lot for him, I just hope he does the job well.

tbh the spl isnt a place for players to prove themselves imo, the only decent team he would have played against is the mighty tims

Frank Dogshit
02-01-2005, 08:42 PM
not really into babayaro at all.....struggles to get anywhere near the team and ive seen him make some awful mistakes during his time there.

boumsong well......a decent player in the scottish game but its difficult to say what he'll do at newcastle. newcastle have a history of signing supposedly good defenders but them ending up being absolute turd. ie alain goma and that other clown who plays for man city at centre half...

i hope both players do well and even if they do settle in the side itll only be a matter of months until souness comes to blows with either one of them.. :lol:

Hakka
02-01-2005, 08:57 PM
not really into babayaro at all.....struggles to get anywhere near the team and ive seen him make some awful mistakes during his time there.

boumsong well......a decent player in the scottish game but its difficult to say what he'll do at newcastle. newcastle have a history of signing supposedly good defenders but them ending up being absolute turd. ie alain goma and that other clown who plays for man city at centre half...

i hope both players do well and even if they do settle in the side itll only be a matter of months until souness comes to blows with either one of them.. :lol:

haha... true though! souness has to fall out with someone soon.

Frank Dogshit
02-01-2005, 09:04 PM

haha... true though! souness has to fall out with someone soon.

its only a matter of time especially as the chips are down at the moment.....always looking for someone else to blame. :doh: :lol:

suprised he aint took anyone out in training with any 2 footed lunges yet. ;)

herman
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Got to say Newcastle seem to be trying really hard to create the most disharmonous dressing room in modern football history , with Dyer,Bowyer,Bellamy,Robert and Kluivert already there and now bringing in Babayaro as well :shock: should make for some interesting storys in the papers if nothing else.

Traxx
02-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Your not wrong there. Sounes isnt one to take any shit though, so if anyone was to get them in line, he would. Not gonna be a easy job at all. Can see this all ending in tears for both Souness & the fans.

Frank Dogshit
02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Your not wrong there. Sounes isnt one to take any shit though, so if anyone was to get them in line, he would. Not gonna be a easy job at all. Can see this all ending in tears for both Souness & the fans.

Theres a fine line between being tough on your player and being able to gain the respect of them though. He tried getting tough on the players at blackburn and half of them ended up hating him.
Hes a tough nut but i think sometimes his ego gets the better of him and his ability to man manage is totally rubbish.

Traxx
02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Nah souness is old skool mate. He's from a time when footie players were men not these fukin poncey hair do'd over paid bastards that are around now. You need more managers to take the hard line imo.

Frank Dogshit
02-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Nah souness is old skool mate. He's from a time when footie players were men not these fukin poncey hair do'd over paid bastards that are around now. You need more managers to take the hard line imo.

aye he should fuk the likes of dyer,bowyer and co off and bring in some quality players ala bjornebye,piechnik and nicky tanner. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==