PDA

View Full Version : Electribe EA1 v Yamaha TX81Z

slavestudios
31-12-2004, 07:55 PM
got both of these. gettin a new live set together (100% hardware-hard loop techno)

i was thinkin of using the Yamaha for bass tones as it has no knobs & is in rack format & then using the Korg for lead lines as it has 2 outs & lots of realtime control...

i'll also be using 2 x MC303s but only to trigger drumachines & modiles such as the Korg & TX81Z

the Yamaha is a much better synth but the Korg has lots of knobs. and i just want to use the MC303s as trigger devices only. no other midi message other than note/off and do all the trix via the desk & fx..

any suggestions ?

cheers in advance

acidsaturation
02-01-2005, 08:54 PM
I use the MC303 in the same way, and the EA-1 - works well. The EA-1 does some good sounds bit some of them can be a bit trancy - I've had to dig deep to get much nastyness from it.

slavestudios
03-01-2005, 01:35 PM
i'll be using guitar pedals & too much compression with a heavy mid sweep & delays so it'll be dirty enuff by the time it makes it to the main outs :rambo:

DJZeMigL
04-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I think the elektribe will do the trick !

Z

acidchild
06-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Does the EA-1 have an audio in? I can't remember, i haven't had one sinse they came out. If so, run the TX thru it to get some good "analogue" filtering on it. Or run it thru an external filter box. I have an Alesis Philtre. Running the TX thru a filter will keep the sharp, bright edge the FM synths have, but let you have some filter fun if you want. The TX is a great machine!

278d7e64a374de26f==