PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Bissmire + Ben Long

MARKEG
01-01-2005, 12:21 PM
For me, two of the best techno producers ever. But they never get the props. Why is this???

Sometimes the fact that they dont bring things in on the 32, and everything is so difficult ot DJ with might be an issue for me. But I still love their tunes so damn much and wish I could fit them in more. Has anyone noticed their lean toward the Chicago sound over the last few years?? Bam Bam etc???

Apparently (and I heard this from a little birdie), they just stick the DAT in and jam. Then they just cut out the good bits and release them. I may be wrong but it was from a reliable source ;) But I have to say, I really think they should have played a more major part than they have in shaping the way things need to go...

Ritzi Lee
01-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I still think there's a lot of respect for these 2 techno friends.
I mean from all the people who are involved with techno.
And a lot of respect from the DJ's and producers themselves.

A time ago I talked with Jamie about this.
It's still too confusing to understand..
They deserve the same status as people like Jeff Mills, Dave Clarke,
all the big ones. But the technoscene is still too f*ck*d up...
and it's like people forgot about what it's all about.
(see my distribution topic as an example)

Ritzi Lee
01-01-2005, 12:32 PM
By the way:
It's Bissmire. ;)

koma
01-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Jamie, Ben, but also Ade, Inigo.. well lots of guys coming from UK are held as gods in Eastern Europe ;) their traxx are constantly played by most techno djs, crowd loves them, they might not be on the frontpages of magazines, but for sure are in the hearts of techno lovers..

****, I'm getting poetical.. :lol: its probably coz I'm still drunk from last night..

Alan Oldham
01-01-2005, 05:25 PM
There's only so much room at the top, just a fact of show business. They're respected by the people who know, that's what matters.

Frank Dogshit
01-01-2005, 11:20 PM
ive always put both these producers right up there with the best of em.....theyve created some fantastic tracks that have banged dancefloors for years and ben longs-imperial leather is certainly a true classic in my eyes.

killarava2day
02-01-2005, 02:12 AM
I've always like Jamie's works, sometimes that same ole guitar rift can get a little tiredsome.

MARKEG
02-01-2005, 04:50 AM
By the way:
It's Bissmire. ;)

Oh yeah hahaha. Cheers. You'd have thought all those years of record reviews and I would remember :)

loopdon
02-01-2005, 07:54 AM
I've always like Jamie's works, sometimes that same ole guitar rift can get a little tiredsome.

are you talkin about his metal-sounding synth. curious, what machine he uses for that.. :?:

(fruity loops dx 10 'steeldrum' preset can sound rather similar, btw.)

killarava2day
02-01-2005, 08:31 AM

are you talkin about his metal-sounding synth. curious, what machine he uses for that.. :?:

(fruity loops dx 10 'steeldrum' preset can sound rather similar, btw.)

Yeah that's it, Wicked Switch EP is a typical example

slavestudios
02-01-2005, 01:55 PM
great producers & belter djs..

jamie is a gent

tbh, i think they should stay the 'understated heros' that they are as an example of how to do this thing we call techno right.

that 'crisia gwan' 12 on 50hz is still destroying it :twisted:

slavestudios
02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
btw, i think he uses a big Doepfer (sp?) synth for his sounds. mental tones

02-01-2005, 05:52 PM
I think its Serge (or however you spell it) modular gear he uses or used !

loopdon
02-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I think its Serge (or however you spell it) modular gear he uses or used !

one of those?

http://www.serge-fans.com/brochure_features.html

:love:

gary_human
02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
All I know is these guys have been making great tracks for years. They are true heroes in europe. Ive never seen them live but Ive heard great reports. Im sure they will carry on doing it for years :clap: Hopefully I can get to check them out in the near future, but you dont see too much techno in Uk. and that Ground 06 by Bissmire is an absolute anthem. I still cant get hold of a copy anywhere. :cry:

Traxx
02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I still cant get hold of a copy anywhere. :cry:

Aye, im still on the look out for a copy of that :pray:

jon connor
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
i love both these guys and they have massive respect from wales underground artists weve hammered there tunes for quite sum years now, i love bens tracks but jamie has always been a favorite of mine ,the style is quality mechanical stuff that belongs in a warehouse and his technical skill on the turntables is phenomenal ,no thats not enough hes the bollox man :clap: number of measure is my favorite track he made,and i have many great memorys of droppin it wot ay! tune.

space djs are the bissiness and every 1 should no it , :notworthy:

ampassasinbirmingham
03-01-2005, 12:15 AM
jamie is excellent. i really love his stuff. his production quality of l8 is second to none.

ben is a good dj and producer but one event has put me off him for life.

Traxx
03-01-2005, 12:17 AM
ben is a good dj and producer but one event has put me off him for life.

What, a dj set?

ampassasinbirmingham
03-01-2005, 12:19 AM
no not his dj set. his attitude stinks.

put it this way, if you play a charity event, you play for free, not be a cock!!!!

daviec
03-01-2005, 04:04 AM
One of the first 12's I bought was a Space DJ'z release on Soma, and to this day I love the stuff they come out with. Jamie's a name we're looking at getting up to Glasgow for one of our nights. :cool:

killarava2day
03-01-2005, 04:44 AM
and that Ground 06 by Bissmire is an absolute anthem. I still cant get hold of a copy anywhere. :cry:

Ground 6 was repressed about two months ago...along with 'order of art' Liebing etc...

jon connor
03-01-2005, 12:40 PM

put it this way, if you play a charity event, you play for free, not be a cock!!!!

we can all be a cock when we want to be dood, you no the score nose medicine and all dat ,or he could of been up all the previous night who nos,you may see him another time in a diffrent mood, but you cant just single out the artist from his music trust me we all bastards when we want to be. ;) in any case ben does deserve his respect ,him and jamie have worked there ass off over the years i have to take my hat off to them. :lol:

slavestudios
03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
well, as fgar as the synth thing goes, thats what Jamie told me when he was sitting in my livin room tellin me his studio set up..

so there :wicked:

but, thats was a while ago.. he was talkin of movin to pc's n stuff but i told him to wise up & stick to the 909 & synths :twisted:

Traxx
03-01-2005, 02:21 PM
and that Ground 06 by Bissmire is an absolute anthem. I still cant get hold of a copy anywhere. :cry:

Ground 6 was repressed about two months ago...along with 'order of art' Liebing etc...

Still not showing up anywhere :cry:

gary_human
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM

Still not showing up anywhere :cry:

****ing right - I've searching like a mo fo n'all but I cant find the gold either :cry:

Louis Theroux
03-01-2005, 03:14 PM
One of the first 12's I bought was a Space DJ'z release on Soma, and to this day I love the stuff they come out with. Jamie's a name we're looking at getting up to Glasgow for one of our nights. :cool:

there was a night on at the Arches not so long ago with both of them as the Space DJz & it was empty.

Traxx
03-01-2005, 03:15 PM
****ing right - I've searching like a mo fo n'all but I cant find the gold either :cry:

Ill let you know if i find anywhere with copies :cool:

daviec
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM

there was a night on at the Arches not so long ago with both of them as the Space DJz & it was empty.

What night was that? I didn't know they were on.

MARKEG
03-01-2005, 11:49 PM
hey ass, let's keep this +ve ;) ben and jamie really are ok ppl. perhaps something went wrong for them that night. we all have bad moments ;)

killarava2day
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM

Ill let you know if i find anywhere with copies :cool:

Found this on Web Records...give it a go!

http://www2.technodj.de/?SUB=pProduct&TPL=product&ProductID=848846

It's the remixes though, is that what you're after?

killarava2day
03-01-2005, 11:59 PM
^^^

Web records are notorious for displaying stock when it's clearly unobtainable stock, sometimes even deleated lines.

Traxx
04-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Indeed mate. Thats why i never bother with it. There's a good few other sites that do that as well :rambo:

Ill keep looking :lol:

Perverter
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM

hi there BEN LONG here. Would you please be kind enough to tell me why you think i was a cock that night and why my attitude stinkz ??????? i came up from London on a night when i should have had my feet up wacthing the box to provide my services FREE OF CHARGE for a good cause and you want to call me cock ??? .The party was cool i thought a good time was had by all , but may be not . Anyway if thats what you think you should have said something @ the time to my face ! Not go running your mouth about me to your palz ! take a look @ your own attitude , infact i think you need to adjust it myself !

Thankz to the rest of you guyz for the more positive feedback on this page and just to let you know i have a few copies of Ground 006 that i would be willing to part with ( @ the right price of course ) ! you can contact me via info@spacedjz.com

ampassasinbirmingham
04-01-2005, 02:49 PM
maybe i was a bit hasty saying that. I wasnt dissing yours or jamies work. in fact i rather like space dj'z stuff.

a good time was had by all but i was told after the party that you had requested to be paid for the event. if this is true, i stick by my statement. if not sorry and i appologise.

gary_human
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Thankz to the rest of you guyz for the more positive feedback on this page and just to let you know i have a few copies of Ground 006 that i would be willing to part with ( @ the right price of course ) ! you can contact me via info@spacedjz.com

hehehe! happy days - you've got mail :lol:

marginmaster
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
space djz are consistently excellent, big thumbs up :clap:

MARKEG
04-01-2005, 11:44 PM
BEN!! In the words of a liverpudlian 'Hey hey, Calm Down'.. :crackup:

Nah Ass, you're obviously a cunt, you've got a proper techno spankin now :dontevengothere: . ACTUALLY Ben why were you a moody cunt that night?? Hahahah. ;)

Oh I'm sure there's a logical 'behind the scenes' explaination. No need to explain it on a public forum..

Ben when your next tracks out? Loving the new shit. Get round to c me and chrissi again one time, you crack me up

:crackup:

davethedrummer
05-01-2005, 08:37 AM

i was just gonna mention that soma e.p.
wicked innit?

anx
05-01-2005, 08:59 AM
i really enjoy pounding grooves 35

slimboy
05-01-2005, 01:57 PM
AK47... what a tune!!

daviec
05-01-2005, 05:25 PM

i was just gonna mention that soma e.p.
wicked innit?

Love it! I dug it out the other day for a listen :dance:

Luke Logan.
05-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Two great DJ'z and two very sound chaps, we had them over to play(in Dublin) at our Birthday bash last October and they rocked the place.

jon connor
06-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Two great DJ'z and two very sound chaps, we had them over to play(in Dublin) at our Birthday bash last October and they rocked the place.

thats wot they do best dood when they on form they blow your tits off,an jamie does things on the turn tables that blow your mind away, i once saw him bang the deck knock it out of mix and then repeat and knocked back in :shock: these guys are magicians and demonstrate every reason why we need to keep our trusty turntables. ;)

T
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah space djz rock and have been doing it for time. They both Know how to make quality techno that's fior sure and have been doing it for years.
Seen Bandulu also live some years ago and they certainly rocked it, seemed very dub influenced live act

Top DJz,I like their style not afraid to tear it up and mess about with the tunes.
Maybe they are nice maybe they are not but musically they rock

ampassasinbirmingham
06-01-2005, 01:59 PM
yeah, shouldn't put things like that on a forum, appologies. Its comments like that that send this place crazy sometimes, and i dont wanna contibute to that.

back on topic, the ground 006 remix is in innercity records, or basement traxx as its now known. the claude young remix is top.

jon connor
06-01-2005, 03:10 PM
i still drop jamies mix on wet music ,cant remember wot no it is ,but its got a red colourd label on it, lov that track! are man i stand ere for ever and wip out my collection of space djz stuff ,i guess it goes without saying they are fantastic and a credit to techno! deffinatly big up the space boys! elektronik mayhem at its finest! :clap:

jon connor
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
forgot to mention 12 tribes also with the mental jargan about the number twelve hahahahaha! :lol: cracking vynyl that as is needles of stone no 10 they all good and are individual in themselves which makes them even more unique fairplay! ;)

John Vella
12-01-2005, 06:00 AM
I remember one of the first techno records I bought was Impereal Leather by Ben Long.....

What a great record.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

-John V

The Overfiend
12-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Love that Tortured one.

John Vella
12-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey Ant I thought u were busy gettin it on! :lol:

0j

The Overfiend
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Nah, we were going to then her friends showed up.

Ritzi Lee
12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Love that Tortured one.

which one??

davethedrummer
12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
dancefloor devastation!

eviled303
12-01-2005, 08:12 PM
i've only read the intial thread, so i'm not sure if this is relevant to any subsequent posts, but i have to agree that jamie bissmire is one of the main men i look out for at the moment along with bam bam and lars klein. we're hoping to procure the services of lars klein for fusion in march, but a stumbling block of 50% upfront has may mean we'll have to leave it for a bit. the first name on our lips as a replacement was jamie bissmire. even if we sort mr klein for march, mr bissmire is next on our booking list. i'm really into the hard and funky mixture of his music, and i can see why him and bambam work well. 'crisis a gwan' remixes is the best four tracker i've bought in a while, and 'the london project' on 50hz is a blinder and his 'urban discipline' ep was a corker too. i hope these guys get some more recognition!!! by the way, before i get too excited about the prospect of booking bissmire, can anyone tell me if he's based here or abroad??

John Vella
13-01-2005, 02:29 PM
which one??

well if Summer of Sam was talking about the same one as me, then its Tortured # 22.

:cool:

-John Vella

Ritzi Lee
13-01-2005, 02:34 PM
which one??

well if Summer of Sam was talking about the same one as me, then its Tortured # 22.

:cool:

-John Vella

Ok cool.
Just checking out. :)

Because there's also the double pack PAIN 027, Space DJz, Bang 2 Rightz.

The Overfiend
13-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I had two copies and played all day with the loops on that shit!

jon connor
15-01-2005, 09:51 PM
I had two copies and played all day with the loops on that shit!

sex on decks m8t! :notworthy:

Matt Blak
15-01-2005, 11:42 PM
mr bissmire and mr long are top blokes in my opinion for sure, they are british techno!

be sure to check out e'poch worx 002 - the second era ep
featuring jamie bissmire, ben long, matt blak & jay knight

jon connor
17-01-2005, 01:21 AM
mr bissmire and mr long are top blokes in my opinion for sure, they are british techno!

be sure to check out e'poch worx 002 - the second era ep
featuring jamie bissmire, ben long, matt blak & jay knight

space djz on welsh label :wtf: go on son :clap: im getting ictchy feet right now to hear that ep ? fairplay dude! space djz are pure british metal! :rambo: god dam legends!

anx
17-01-2005, 02:15 AM
I remember one of the first techno records I bought was Impereal Leather by Ben Long.....

What a great record.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

-John V

yea man, i played that track so much the qualities all gone to shit now!

278d7e64a374de26f==