PDA

View Full Version : lets get some chat going on (hardware)

dave h
05-11-2002, 11:47 PM
What are peoples opinions when it comes to hardware synths for producing nice lead sounds for Hard Trance?

What are the best synths out there for this job?

I use the Supernova2 kbd which is a very nice piece of kit.Has anyone used the new Access VIRUS C yet, what are the sounds like on this.What type of equipment do the rest of you use?

What do we think about soft synths for hard trance production? What does anyone think about Reason?

What mixing desks do hard trance producers tend to use analogue or digital, what are the pro`s and con`s?

If anyone could give any answers to the above it would be appreciated.

Nice one Dave h.....

MARKEG
06-11-2002, 11:31 PM
we produce trance and we use alot of sotware synths.. the pro 52 is a god send and the new pro 53 is amazing. ppg wave is ok.

yes, i tried the virus c before it came out in LA. it does indeed rock. it has all the knobs for all three oscillators and it very well laid out. i wish i'd have waited a year and got this instead of the b.

ABBOTECHNOJOE
25-11-2002, 03:22 PM
IT TAKES A LOT OF PRACTICE BEFORE YOU CAN GET THE BEST RESULTS, NOT ADVISABLE IF YOU HAVE NO PATIENTS!

Acid_Fighter303
04-02-2003, 01:45 AM
I would have a chat with you about hardware etc but I know sod all about it. One of them things that going to happen later on.

I can talk to you forever about trance and Pritt Sticks but not hardware etc

Sorry mate :D

djjaym
04-02-2003, 02:38 AM
just got pro53 today wooooho

Barely Human
06-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Dont know to much about hardware mate! But the virus c is ace! it takes time though, but is brilliant for those dirty riffs if u know what u are doin!

Desks: Digital or analouge? Well ive had access to a analouge behringer eurodesk and it did the job well. But now they have upgraded to a makie digital desk!! Its awsome!! All the chanels atomatically move on there own to the bank u were using, it comes with its own os, and u hook it up to a pc and u can control everything on the board with the pc. Not to mention that you can remote controll hard drive recorders off it!! Amazing!!!

With the soft synths, well this is somthin i know about. Get your hands on all the refx models, the sound quality is amazing. Also, if youve got the cash get your hands on the Atmosphere Vst, Its sound banks are 3 gig in size and you can do pretty much anything with it!!!

The pro 52 is good but i find you need to stick loads of effects on it to get high quality sound out of it!!! But the Absynth is amazing!!! You can draw in your own waveforms and envelopes makin it so versatile!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==