PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee *All I hear*

BRADLEE
04-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Ok, here is something I just did over the past week or so. We've been getting alot more rain that usual here in the PHX, so this tune is a deeper rain inspired track. Although still having my usual harder traits to it. I hope that you enjoy it.

http://iluvtekno.com/All-i-hear.mp3

dirty_bass
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
28 seconds in, and I`m sold.
Dark, moody, evil, minimal, luvverly.
I`d maybe back off with some of the bit crushing/distortion as it clashes a bit with the dark lushness and adds just a touch too much noise.
I think the final mix needs some cleaning, as the tune is a little bass heavy, and the top end could be a little brighter.
And also the main pad, could do with having the low pass opened up on it a little just to give it a little more brightness. But only a touch.
I love it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Surely you deserve the award for best new talent on BOA, your productions are so original.

BRADLEE
04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
dirty_bass

28 seconds in, and I`m sold.
Dark, moody, evil, minimal, luvverly.
I`d maybe back off with some of the bit crushing/distortion as it clashes a bit with the dark lushness and adds just a touch too much noise.
I think the final mix needs some cleaning, as the tune is a little bass heavy, and the top end could be a little brighter.
And also the main pad, could do with having the low pass opened up on it a little just to give it a little more brightness. But only a touch.
I love it.
Surely you deserve the award for best new talent on BOA, your productions are so original.

WOW, Thanks Steve!!!! Once again my man, coming from you those words are huge. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the tips too. I still have quite a bit to learn but lots of ideas to build off of. I'll try and make some mods to this one, but I personally enjoy the crunchiness of the percussion. I think that is just kind of one of my trademarks.

dirty_bass
04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I like the crunchiness, but I think if you turn it down just a touch it will sound more together

BRADLEE
04-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I like the crunchiness, but I think if you turn it down just a touch it will sound more together

Cool, I'll give that a shot as well and see what it sounds like. Again amigo I really do appreciate the tips. You've been a great deal of help and motivation since I've joined BOA.

Hey another question man, why is it that only certain people reply to my tunes? I see that the tunes are getting viewed and some reply for others, but not myself. Is this because I am from the states or a new guy or something???

The Overfiend
05-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey Steve, this guy lives 20 mins away from me ;)
Expect an East Meets West Real Soon!

slavestudios
05-01-2005, 06:43 PM
lovin the groove of this. not a fan of the strings, but thats a personal thing, not a criticism.

what ya use to make this ? the atmos is outstanding.. do you dig sci fi movies & old classics like'The Thing' per chance ?

good work fella :clap:

loopdon
05-01-2005, 07:01 PM
download in progress

AcidTrash
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Liking this sound. Nice groove and accurate production. not too keen on the string synth noises at all. Tis very well put together but a bit bland without much in the way of features.

CORROSIVE
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
i like this track but, the synths could sound a little darker, the vocal is ok. not to my taste but still sounds good. could do with some more variation.
love the drum roll :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
lovin the groove of this. not a fan of the strings, but thats a personal thing, not a criticism.

what ya use to make this ? the atmos is outstanding.. do you dig sci fi movies & old classics like'The Thing' per chance ?

good work fella

WOW, thank you very much. I just used FL pro to make the pieces and the vocals. I used Logic and Magix for some of the filters and reverse edits. Then I arranged all of my pieces in Acid Pro 4.0.

The pad I actually got from an old sci fi SHOW called Thunderbirds 2068 on the sci fi channel. I didn't make it, it's just a sample timestretched with some effects on it. ;)

SummerOfSam Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:33 pm
Hey Steve, this guy lives 20 mins away from me expect to see east meets west soon

Indeed, he lives about 18 miles west of myself here in th PHX. So now that we are in range of one another, you should definately expect to hear something as a combined effort :rambo:[/quote]

BRADLEE
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Liking this sound. Nice groove and accurate production. not too keen on the string synth noises at all. Tis very well put together but a bit bland without much in the way of features.

Yeah that seems to be the concensis. Either you love the string noise or you hate it. LOL The other synth noise is actually a electric piano sample. I just played a little chord in D and through some efx over it. Nothing too big.

As for the lack of features, yeah I just felt it sounded better being smooth. I tried it with other edits and efx, but just kept coming back to the way it is.

eyes without a face
05-01-2005, 08:02 PM
checked this out, its good, i liked most of it... its not something id play but sounds good enough, i cud imagine a few peeps spinning it

good work

BRADLEE
05-01-2005, 08:07 PM
eyes without a face
checked this out, its good, i liked most of it... its not something id play but sounds good enough, i cud imagine a few peeps spinning it

good work

Thank you sir. Even though it's not your style, I definately appreciate the comments!!! You are also an excellent producer. I love most of what I've heard you do. :clap:

eyes without a face
05-01-2005, 08:10 PM
why thank u dude :)

orac
05-01-2005, 10:50 PM
yup i like it :) dark and deep, but not too hard as for me, only one thing i would change is that fl vocal, it is poor and i'm not talking that it is poor in your track, but this speech synth in fruity is just shitty ;)

anyway good job :clap:

BRADLEE
05-01-2005, 11:05 PM
yup i like it dark and deep, but not too hard as for me, only one thing i would change is that fl vocal, it is poor and i'm not talking that it is poor in your track, but this speech synth in fruity is just shitty

anyway good job

Thank you for the comments. I guess I kind of like the vocals too, but I do agree that there could be more range within them. is there a better Speech synth program that you know of to render as wav???

orac
05-01-2005, 11:16 PM
yup i like it dark and deep, but not too hard as for me, only one thing i would change is that fl vocal, it is poor and i'm not talking that it is poor in your track, but this speech synth in fruity is just shitty

anyway good job

Thank you for the comments. I guess I kind of like the vocals too, but I do agree that there could be more range within them. is there a better Speech synth program that you know of to render as wav???

sorry don't using any, trying to take vox from movies, searching the web etc ;] but i have a microphone for a couple of time, maybe try to rec something ;)

xfive
05-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I dig this man but the vocal kinda makes me cringe.
It reminds me too much of those vocal snippets in that fuentes drug user track... which was pretty weak imho :/
I think as orac stated, find some nice sample or something else and try that maybe... or an extra synth.... maybe nothing at all.. ?

Besides that... nice ;)

BRADLEE
05-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Right on, well I'll have to give it a run thru with no vocals, but I also have an idea for samples now. I'll re-post another version of it when I get the chance. Thanks again for everyones comments. I appreciate it greatly!!!

The Overfiend
08-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Sexy as hell,
I say leave the voice and run it thru more efx.
needs a few more hats to me and a harder kick.
Definitely Sexy and got a nice mood to it.

The Overfiend
11-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Bump, Cause The Remix Is Coming Soon.

BRADLEE
11-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Indeed it is!!! :clap:

j_s
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
f.cking nice. very cool, almost loungey, but still bumps. would maybe like to hear a touch more melodic content in the bottom end, but other than that, sounds great.

BRADLEE
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Cool my man, thank you very much. Yes I have some re-eqing and stuff to learn still. Athough I am learning. So I will keep on keeping on until I get better. Hopefully my progression will be a fast one.

278d7e64a374de26f==