PDA

View Full Version : Electron Machinedrum

ollie303
06-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Anyone purchased one of there then? i read a review in sos about it ages ago,but lost the mag since.by all acounts they sound realy good .Im looking into giving one ago to get some new sound sources for drums n hats (to go along with the 909 not replace them ;) )
If anyones used one in techno style music do let me no what you think of them.

Milesy
06-01-2005, 01:05 AM
i havent heard very good reports about them...

better with a novation drum station

xfive
06-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Um...

I don't know what you've been reading Milesy but maybe you should try one out for yourself instead of believing everything you read.
And why the HELL would he need a drumstation if he has a 909?

ollie - I absolutely love mine. It was the first piece of gear I ever purchased almost 3 years ago and have never looked back. The range of sounds you can make is insanity... crunchy drums... thick pounding kicks.... basslines... synthy sounds... etc. And the interface is to die for.

Can't recommend it enough.

Here's a link to two guys that go by the name of Valve. They synced two machinedrums together (and nothing else) and played live:

http://www.elektron.se/superparty/audio/valve.mp3

After hearing that I realized just how little I had actually dug into mine! :shock: :shock: Its kinda a minimal downtempo sorta set, but it shows the range of possibilities. They really tear it up. :rambo:

xfive
06-01-2005, 01:20 AM
And here's the rest of the sets from the elektron superparty if you want more of a variety of examples.... (ie techno type sounds):

http://www.elektron.se/superparty/

ollie303
06-01-2005, 04:09 AM
The reviews in sound on sound where good, they rated it very highly and said not to bother with other drum machines (so i went out a week later and got a 909!) that was about 2-3years ago though and as ive said i cant find the mag :doh:
just wondered if anyone had one for our type of music as im sure sos arent acid techno fans!

cheers for the links mate ,i think i may well get hold of one of these im in need of some diff drum sounds :clap:

Milesy
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM

sorry.. never read it correctly... chill :cool:

FILTERZ
06-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Machine drum rocks , lovely lovely bit of kit , i have owned loads of drum machines over the years including all the roland ones , this beats em all by a mile.

Milesy
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
how does it compare to the korg electribe mx ?

FILTERZ
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Never heard an electribe thingy , specs look similair though , two more outputs on the md though and electron is sexier (and no i wont quantify that statement ) it just is. ;)

DJZeMigL
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Elektron stuff is one of the most advanced and versitile synths U'll get for drums or other stuff ...

Machine drum is very good arguably the best hardware drum/ synth module!

Z

xfive
06-01-2005, 03:19 PM

sorry.. never read it correctly... chill :cool:

Got a little heated :oops: :cool: :lol:

xfive
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
The Electribe MX is the one with the static drum samples and a minimal synth engine I believe.
The SX is the sampling drum machine...

So no, neither of them directly compete with the MD as it synthesizes almost all of its drums.

j_s
06-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Here's a link to two guys that go by the name of Valve. They synced two machinedrums together (and nothing else) and played live:

http://www.elektron.se/superparty/audio/valve.mp3

After hearing that I realized just how little I had actually dug into mine! :shock: :shock: Its kinda a minimal downtempo sorta set, but it shows the range of possibilities. They really tear it up. :rambo:[/quote]

That sounds f.cking great. And done with nothing other than a machine drum? Not even extra samples? I may have to think about saving up for one if that's the case...

xfive
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah they each had one machinedrum and sync'd them together via midi:

http://www.elektron.se/superparty/img/14-valve.jpg

That's it.. nothing else.
One of the guys, Nils, hangs out on the elektron mailing list.. very nice guy.. has some other mixes laying around too..

ollie303
06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
well i havent got the money realy"! and i realy shouldnt!.........BUT you no how it is, ive ordered one :doh: ill have a play with it for a few weeks and ill tell you what i think! got one s/h 6months old for £450 not bad :clap:

xfive
06-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Definetly a nice deal ;)

j_s
06-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah they each had one machinedrum and sync'd them together via midi:

http://www.elektron.se/superparty/img/14-valve.jpg

That's it.. nothing else.
One of the guys, Nils, hangs out on the elektron mailing list.. very nice guy.. has some other mixes laying around too..

Shit, didn't realise they were that small! Gonna have get my hands on one eventually......

xfive
06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
They're about the size of a shoebox... half the height though..

278d7e64a374de26f==