PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Wound Becomes Tear

dirty_bass
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
An experiment I have done trying to take the techniques of schranze into a different direction.
Pretty hard, but melodic at the same time.
Let me know what you think, I`m not too sure what`s going on with this to be honest.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Wound_Becomes_Tear.mp3

xfive
06-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Let me know what you think, I`m not too sure what`s going on with this to be honest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Downloading..

xfive
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
This is cool man.. I can see how its semi schranzy... pretty breaky too though.. no idea whether or not any of those heads would throw something like this in a set... but it could definetly work elsewhere.

Nice sound as always ;)

audioinjection
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM
im diggin this, phat!

nice work :clap:

CORROSIVE
06-01-2005, 04:20 PM
**** yes, love it. quite like the breakyness. PHATNESS!!

Bastian Storm
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
:clap: great man,

nice beat with great distortion sounds .

good track ;)

jesus
06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
yeha sounds heavy, really like the beat of this.

BRADLEE
06-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Excellent work Steve. I love the broken beat tek!!! :rambo: Gives it a nice Phat sound. I'd rock this one too my man. You never fail to impress :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
im really feeling this. very dark. strings are excellent, make it very atmospheric and the beats are very ass wiggling

AcidTrash
07-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Not into this at all. Doesn't really do much and the production sounds a bit muted to my ears. Nothing really new here. Not that anything in this style ever is. If you made the melody do a bit more it would be a good track to have. There is such a thing as too minimal.

nervous systems
07-01-2005, 12:43 PM
nice track for an intro i think. i would maybe replace the broken beats for a 4/4 beat for a few bars then back to the broken beats every once in a while

basslinejunkie
07-01-2005, 02:55 PM
this is excellent,it really is.dark an really atmospheric.love it!! :clap: :love:

dirty_bass
07-01-2005, 03:40 PM
4/4 beat for a few bars then back to the broken beats every once in a while
I know what you are saying, but I`m soooo bored of 4 to the floor kicks. It`s so easy to make a beat work in that way that it isn`t challenging. And I`ve kinda promised myself to go back to make music the way I used to, which is to explor and experiment. I`ve been doing 4 to the floor since 1998!!!

dirty_bass
07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Wow, I wasn`t exepcting a such good response for this track. I`ll develope it a bit further and master it I think.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow, I wasn`t exepcting a such good response for this track. I`ll develope it a bit further and master it I think.

good on ya bass. look foreaward to hearing the new version

Mindful
08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
That shit is hot mate!
Not sure i would call it Shranz tho(not that it matters like)
Anyway back on subject the production qulity hit me straight away and is of a high class as allways
and the overall feel of the track pushes all of my buttons in the right places.
The main kick is top draw stuff loving the little wood block type hit and the synth/melody is smart also realy like the lil steam type sound that plays just after every forth beat (or sixth beat if you being picky).
It sounds like what would happen if P Scoog and Surgeon got in the studio together-Groovy, hard and intellijent.
Exactly the sort of stuff I would play to somone who asked what sort of music im into.

If you get it pressed can I have a copy :lol: (Im not usualy this cheeky honest)

278d7e64a374de26f==