PDA

View Full Version : atomic jam

conflict
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
anyone know what gwarn with the next one?

Frank Dogshit
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM

Feb 12 at that ballroom venue. Only Dave Clarke announced so far...

Frank Dogshit
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM

Feb 12 at that ballroom venue in Nottingham. Only Dave Clarke announced so far...

TechMouse
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM

Feb 12 at that ballroom venue in Nottingham. Only Dave Clarke announced so far...
That'll be Firefly v's Atomic Jam. ;)

conflict
07-01-2005, 12:01 PM
splendid only up the road

stroll on

marginmaster
07-01-2005, 12:44 PM
YES!
im a happy bunny :lol:

split
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
This year its the Jam's 10th birthday and tour dates are planned around the UK and world to celebrate, kicking off on Feb 12th at FIREFLY in Nottingham.

On top of that Ade Fenton and myself are mixing a comercially available double CD for to mark the anniversary.

Lots more exciting things happening so watch this space!!!!

Chris Finke

Frank Dogshit
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
This year its the Jam's 10th birthday and tour dates are planned around the UK and world to celebrate, kicking off on Feb 12th at FIREFLY in Nottingham.

On top of that Ade Fenton and myself are mixing a comercially available double CD for to mark the anniversary.

Chris Finke

belter!

its looking like a great year for techno in the UK this year! so many nights popping up all over the place and with the jam doin dates all over the uk things are looking mighty healthy!

Tiddlypeep
07-01-2005, 01:45 PM

Chris Finke

You going to eat Pickled Carrots???.

Cmon you know you want to!!.

Will :)

Fordy
07-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Wicked news about the cd, take it the chances of any jam's happening in brum this year are slim with the complete lack of venues.

Shame ive managed to make it to most over the last few years, gonna try and get to as many of these tour dates as possible.

:twisted:

primevil
07-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Wicked news about the cd, take it the chances of any jam's happening in brum this year are slim with the complete lack of venues.

Shame ive managed to make it to most over the last few years, gonna try and get to as many of these tour dates as possible.

you do not wanna miss it at the ballroom thats for sure! one phat rave with one VERY phat soundsystem!

Traxx
07-01-2005, 11:00 PM

you do not wanna miss it at the ballroom thats for sure! one phat rave with one VERY phat soundsystem!

Who's on other then clarke?

Francisco Scaramanga
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Can't wait to get my mits on this CD, its been along time coming! I've got an ancient Tony Work/Atomic Jam mixtape that must be 8 years old at least, and thats the last AJ mix that I have heard of.

The tour sounds exciting as well, but I'm kind of gutted as its very convenient when it happens in brum, I'm hoping there will be at least a few in brum. Wouldent it be grand to have the 10th bday in the Que, someone needs to win the lottery and buy that place and get the jam back where it belongs for the 10th anniversary!

Traxx
09-01-2005, 01:09 PM
The que's not there anymore is it?

Traxx
09-01-2005, 01:10 PM
The last atomic jam @ air was a corker. That would more then do as a venue if they could get that regular. Need's to be in brum.

Francisco Scaramanga
09-01-2005, 01:22 PM
The Que's still there, its a listed building so it cant be knocked down or anything like that. At the moment its not being used for anything as far as I know, its just sitting there empty.

I agree that the last one at Air was quality, I think the refit and whatnot has really improved it and all that - but if they only had one more room! Personally I would prefer a breaks/electro/wayoutstuff room to a D'n'B one, although I do like a bit of D'n'B, but loads of other people love the rudeness, I know some people who go to the jam purely for the D'n'B cause its a better atmosphere than your average junglist night out, hence the need for 3 rooms for the proper AJ experience.

Traxx
09-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Well they do sort of have 3 room's dont they? i admit its more of a chill out in the 3rd room but the layout of the club in general & the soundsystem in there is amazing. I thought the que was being turned into something else, flats or that.

mr burns
09-01-2005, 01:41 PM
attomic jam have 4 dates booked at the custard factory birmingham this year the first is on sat 12th march

Traxx
09-01-2005, 01:42 PM
That will do :cool:

Francisco Scaramanga
09-01-2005, 01:49 PM
yeah, definately, I'm a big fan of the custard factory when the swimming pool is transformed into a rave arena. Thats good news.

The Medicine bar is where its at these days I guess, I'll definately be there for the HOG 12th bday on the 22nd as well, the last one was top notch.

Traxx
09-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah think we are gonna pay the HOG birthday a visit as well.

conflict
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
big tingz a gwarn then

cant wait

Milesy
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
ade fenton was wicked when he played in glasgow :cool:

neko
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
attomic jam have 4 dates booked at the custard factory birmingham this year the first is on sat 12th march

happy days.

5 atomic jams then this year :twisted:

been getting withdrawal symptoms. :lol:

djfurness
09-01-2005, 09:12 PM
only got onto it a few weeks ago that nottingham aint that far from the pool
used to think of it bein hours and hours away

Fordy
09-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear the jam will be happening in brum atleast 4 times in 2005, Custard Factory has been a quality venue for it.

Air would be good, only available on a friday though, im not sure what will be happening on fridays at air this year though ? Does have three rooms, the lounge is just purely a chillout room.

Any news on the sanctuary ? Hopefully that place will be getting a refurb and staying as a club.

Anyways, rock on the 12th Feb :twisted:

mr burns
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
the medicine bar is having a wall knocked out and new floor and sound system put in,in march, so the dance room and bar will be all one room (loads better), the sanctuary is already open again, theres a few hard house nights booked there already, not sure about the refurb though

slimboy
10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Can't wait to get my mits on this CD, its been along time coming! I've got an ancient Tony Work/Atomic Jam mixtape that must be 8 years old at least, and thats the last AJ mix that I have heard of.

The tour sounds exciting as well, but I'm kind of gutted as its very convenient when it happens in brum, I'm hoping there will be at least a few in brum. Wouldent it be grand to have the 10th bday in the Que, someone needs to win the lottery and buy that place and get the jam back where it belongs for the 10th anniversary!

Yeah I've got that, yellow cover with a robot on it??

Any idea what the last tune is on that? Been after it for years...

Fordy
10-01-2005, 06:34 PM
the medicine bar is having a wall knocked out and new floor and sound system put in,in march, so the dance room and bar will be all one room (loads better), the sanctuary is already open again, theres a few hard house nights booked there already, not sure about the refurb though

Ah cool to hear about the custard factory, really cool venue and that sounds asif it would be a massive improvement.

Francisco Scaramanga
10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah I've got that, yellow cover with a robot on it??

Any idea what the last tune is on that? Been after it for years...

I dont know what the covers like on mine cause by the time I got it, the cover was long gone. But its the only one I've ever heard of. The last tune on the one I've got is Speedy J - Pannik, and I think it was rereleased sometime fairly recently.

TechMouse
11-01-2005, 10:33 AM
I'll definately be there for the HOG 12th bday on the 22nd as well, the last one was top notch.
Yes yes!

Not only BMB but also Tim Wright!

I'm there.

marginmaster
11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
yes! this is very good news, well done AJposse.
a tour is a grand idea and thank god your still be rocking brum this year.
the custard factory is great, although i like the sanctuary aswell apart from the shoddy sound system.
keep up the good work
regards, Joe

fitipaldi
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
the atomic jam at the custard factory with ben sims and dave clarke last year was amazin! Can't wait for another one down there :lol:

conflict
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
the custard factory was good,sims was wicked but i dont the think the sound system was that good

probably quite a hard venue to make the sound right

fitipaldi
11-01-2005, 05:10 PM
i thought it sounded pretty good!

TechMouse
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
From Firefly website...

firefly vs atomic jam - Feb 12th

dave clarke
medicine 8
ade fenton
urban gorilla djs
jeet

Traxx
12-01-2005, 12:38 PM
wont be goin to that one.

marginmaster
12-01-2005, 01:03 PM
im not sure, i probably will, although if theres one at custard fac in march i may do that instead, more local. Notts is a bit of a trek. anyone know what the venue is like? its not at the bomb is it?
regards, Joe

neko
12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
From Firefly website...

firefly vs atomic jam - Feb 12th

dave clarke
medicine 8
ade fenton
urban gorilla djs
jeet

that it?
looks like darkside it is then.

i'll save myself for the march one in brum.

Frank Dogshit
12-01-2005, 02:53 PM
thought thered be mored on that lineup too....

locked/darkside double header it is then!! :lol:

Traxx
12-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Indeed. :rambo:

Frank Dogshit
12-01-2005, 02:59 PM

ill bring the wheelchairs mate. :lol:

Fordy
12-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Line up aint up to much is it.

fitipaldi
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM

I'll bring the digestives ;)

Frank Dogshit
12-01-2005, 09:44 PM

shout!just make sure its them really cheap ones from kwik save.

that would be awesome after a 2 night stint. :lol: :clap:

Traxx
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
One of ya best have skins, that's all im arsed about :lol:

Katie
13-01-2005, 11:52 AM

no! no digestives! actually i'll watch you eat them! haha! :lol: :lol:

fitipaldi
13-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Try paste! it's for winners, ask dave! :lol:

Katie
13-01-2005, 03:16 PM

Try paste! it's for winners, ask dave! :lol:

Hahaha! rather not think i'd throw up! not hardcore enough at all! :roll: :nono:

278d7e64a374de26f==