PDA

View Full Version : New Track - Late Night Shopper

nervous systems
07-01-2005, 01:22 PM
heres one of my latest tracks - still to be mastered

Late Night Shopper (http://212.67.202.83/~gordierankine/audio/latenightshopper.mp3)

Feedback Appreciated

AcidTrash
07-01-2005, 01:33 PM
punchy. Good stompy marching techno with pretty much flawless production for techno of it's type. a good example of techno/acid crossover. very nice hi-hits. Nice drive to it when it gets going and it it certainly funky. The tribal percussion works well and the synthy pianos sit well. It's a good track but a little indistinct. Sounds like a less messed up version of DJ Ants productions. If I were in a funky techno mood I would probably play this because it meets the standard but i think it could use a bit of personality injected into it. It's a bit too clean for its own good. Arrangement is sound but a bit repetetive. You could certainly develop this more so the lead line loses the plot and goes of on a tanget. That would give it some of the quirkyness it needs. Very good effort.

dirty_bass
07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I didn`t really like the tune too much, I found it a bit too repetative.
Production is good, but there are gaps in the sound that leave it feeling empty. Try filling the mid range with some subtle percussion to get away from the stilted Kick-Hat groove.
the main synth is a little sharp and dry and could do with being enriched. Some nice warm compression and rich verb or delay.

278d7e64a374de26f==