PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss Series - Stop the World Inside - Soundtrack Piece

dirty_bass
09-01-2005, 06:33 AM
A few of you on here are aware that I am working on a soundtrack for a film.
Well I thought I would put on of the pieces here for you to hear, as I am going to develope it further, outside of the soundtrack, as a standalone techno track.
This is at a basic stage, so there will be many more complicated edits for the techno version, but you`ll get the general idea.

This type of stuff is pretty much the main focus of my musical direction now.

It`s pretty dark and spacey, and hopefully not too alien to you banging techno freaks.

http://www.tyrisia.com/Voidloss_Stop_the_world_inside_1.mp3

Mindful
09-01-2005, 01:31 PM
At first I thought it sounded a bit empty but as it progresses it becomes a great bit of Techno music.
It makes me think of a mechanical navy seal stealthing its way thru corridors that are lit by a flickering red light :eh:

I like it!

mrbenn
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
It makes me think of a mechanical navy seal stealthing its way thru corridors that are lit by a flickering red light

HAHA! a weird image but I can tottaly see where your coming from!

blinding track, very atmospheric & emotional. Production is top class, gorgeous pad sounds & nice crisp beats.

:clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
09-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I think this is finished, or near enough. I`m gonna add some vocals, if I get permission to use them from the film.
I`ve added more changes and edits, and some more progressions on the melodic parts (which was difficult due to having different time signatures all over theplace).

Same link as above

j_s
09-01-2005, 11:23 PM
This is ****ing good. Glad to hear you're going to be making more of this sort of stuff cos I'm keen to hear more.

The Overfiend
10-01-2005, 02:15 AM
Encreible

Mindful
10-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Realy good I like the Idea of some vocal from the film It would give the track more identity me thinks

dirty_bass
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Well the film is polish, so the vocals will be too :twisted:

audioinjection
10-01-2005, 06:37 PM
i like that distorted sound to it, nice work again :clap:

curly
10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
If more films had sound tracks like this then I would start warching them. I also feel this track has a good 'morning after' vibe, I would love to here more like this, keep em comming.

Mindful
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Well the film is polish, so the vocals will be too :twisted:
Thats even better.

Whats the film?
Im picturing some twisted polish underground independant short film.
Dont tell me its about a market stall owner in Readding or it will destroy the vision.

detfella
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
this is great stuff matey! the overall groove is very classy. i'd like to see it paired with the film :clap:

BRADLEE
10-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Steve, you just took me on an adventure all throughout that tune. I love it, especially the progression of it all. I love how it just starts off on the minimal tip then takes you into an entirely differant realm. God I wish I still did some of the Uncle Cid. This would have been perfect for a all night long Trip :clap: ha ha Absolutely masterful work. Truly, I like this even more than your straight Tekno production work. Pure Genius.

gary_human
13-01-2005, 11:20 PM
that tune is mega man - blew me and my mate away - ****ing awesome.

My mate loved the way you chucked so many different styles in to the pot.

I loved the journey :clap: :clap: MEGA man ;)

space is the place - polish space that is!!!!

Barely Human
13-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Loving that track man! Very nice indeed. Love the overall feel to the track, nice and rounded and seams to get a message across..

One question tho, why is it in mono? :eh:

slavestudios
13-01-2005, 11:57 PM
this is the type of thing i like to hear at the start of techno nights..

dark as you like.

touches of Autechre in there..

Great Work Fella :clap: :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
14-01-2005, 07:28 AM
mono mp3 = less memory
and at least keeps the soulseek pirates with not the best copy
Anyone who asks nicely can always get Wav`s from me anyway.

Joseph Isaac
14-01-2005, 05:07 PM
This is TRULY refreshing...Excellent, excellent work lads!!!!

basslinejunkie
14-01-2005, 05:12 PM
wow!!

this is truly amazing,im lost for words :love: :love: :love:

fatcollective
17-01-2005, 11:55 AM
:clap: Fair Do's Steve, your playin with my emotions there, great track really feeling that 1 :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==