PDA

View Full Version : CD-R's! what's the best?

Hakka
09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Can anyone help me?

I bascially want to order 500+ of blank CD-R's. I want them for promo mix CD's, but I want to make sure they work on everyones cd players. I hate it when people can't play them because of the CDR or the speed they were burnt at. If anyone can provide sound advice, then please do so!

http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/?id=1

This site is where I will be shortly ordering them from. I've e-mailed them and waited a week, alas they did not respond (cunts!).

If you go to CD-R 80 mins, and view all, it displays various deals for CD-R's at 8p to 60p a disc. I would like to buy ones from 12p to 20p per disc. BUT... I would rather pay less, but what the hell is the difference between a disc that is 12p and one that is 15p or 20p? the write ups all have "All speed compatible 1x-52x. UV protective layer/extra durable surface. Lifetime guarantee. Manufactured to industry standard.", so what is the difference your paying for ?!!?!?!?

They will have covers put on them so I could not careless about logo's etc... so does anyone have any good experience of these?

hope someone can help!

;)

Hakka

Barely Human
09-01-2005, 05:04 PM
You are paying for the quality of the disk itself. Go and find some disks in your house, find a cheap as hell one, a half decent copy, and a pressed original. Now hold them up to the light. You will see that nothing shines thru the orginal, but a a bit does thru the half decent copy. As for the really cheap one, it should be virtually transparent.

If you understand how a copied cd works, then you will understand why this is important. Basically, a cheap disk will not hold its data as good as a more expensive one. If you get a tiny scratch on the top side of it, then its willl probably jump in some places, and after a while, the cd will deteriotate by itself. If you are ever doing an important back up onto cd's, dont ever use cheap ones.

As for the compatabilty problem. There shouldnt be one really. Unless the cheap cd's are really shite.

Hakka
09-01-2005, 08:30 PM
You are paying for the quality of the disk itself. Go and find some disks in your house, find a cheap as hell one, a half decent copy, and a pressed original. Now hold them up to the light. You will see that nothing shines thru the orginal, but a a bit does thru the half decent copy. As for the really cheap one, it should be virtually transparent.

If you understand how a copied cd works, then you will understand why this is important. Basically, a cheap disk will not hold its data as good as a more expensive one. If you get a tiny scratch on the top side of it, then its willl probably jump in some places, and after a while, the cd will deteriotate by itself. If you are ever doing an important back up onto cd's, dont ever use cheap ones.

As for the compatabilty problem. There shouldnt be one really. Unless the cheap cd's are really shite.

Ok cool, but problem is without looking at the discs how do I know one that's 12p is worse off to the ones that are 20p? they have the same write ups! so are they REALLY any better? I just don't know for sure!

DJ Pearcey
14-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I use maxwell cdr's from richer sounds,know one moaned about them yet

Hakka
15-01-2005, 10:11 AM
I've decided to go with the TDK ones, 14p each in 100 CD tubs. Bought 500.

They have worked on my play station 2, a crap cd hi fi of my mums, a friends CD player...

so I can't see them being a problem! fingers crossed...

278d7e64a374de26f==