PDA

View Full Version : What is Schranz?

speed-it-up
10-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I keep reading people refering to it on this board, but have no idea what it is. :eh:

What labels/djs are knocking it out?

Seems to me that the pidgeon holing of genres is getting out of control...

Internal Error Records
10-01-2005, 12:58 PM

heya, i feel the same way. then again i was never to comfortable when house and techno split around 1992 :-) And dont even get me started on Trance splitting from Techno around 1994.

teh best thing about these micro genres is they seldom last more than a few years.

to answer your question, schranz imo is the gray area between techno, gabber and maybe even trance.

there is cats on this forum that can tell you much much more.

tioneb
10-01-2005, 01:49 PM
i think the best thing to listen to know what schranz is, is to listen the earl CLAU releases by chris liebing (the ten inchs series, which turned 12" since the number 8).

to me its the music describing the mso thtis name, and actually the rumor says its also the one taht inventd that name.

otherwise lsiten to any of dj rush set...

davethedrummer
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
it's just a new word for hard techno
generally with a bit of distortion in it , chris leibing coined the phrase and now everyone uses it.
load of old bollocks if you ask me

koma
10-01-2005, 01:59 PM
nah, there is big difference between typical gabba/hc and schranz IMO. most of schranz djs I know or just talk too think hc is just a bit to fast anyway :lol:

term schranz doesnt mean anything, Liebing came up with that term, when he was asked to describe his "minimalistic but energetic, hard sets" in his radio show "Es ist Freiiiitaaag Aaaabend".. or something like that, dont remember, its story from 1999., and thats a long time ago :lol:

speed-it-up
10-01-2005, 02:01 PM
mmmm
enlightening
Think I'm tending towards the "load of old bollox" camp.

koma
10-01-2005, 02:07 PM
[quote="speed-it-up"]What labels/djs are knocking it out? [quote]

united schranz board http://usb.unitedsb.de/index.php
with most known schranz djs and labels, some of them post here too..

also check "schranz total" cd series..I think the latest is number 10..

Rydel
10-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Schranz (IMHO) just another name for hard techno, as said before... My impression of schranz still is the 150 bpm monotone pounding beatz without any depth of content.

DJ's / Producers: Rush, Frank Kvitta, ViperXXL, Amok, Ogi, Daniel Gloomy are to be labeled in the schranz-section... But yeah... it's all just "too-hard-&-too-fast-techno" for me :twisted:

Mindful
10-01-2005, 03:42 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Schranz
Schranz is the name given to European hard techno, a style of techno typically around 140-150 BPM and based around massively bass-heavy kick drums, driving percussion and distorted, looping synth noises. The term originated in 1994 when Chris Liebing used it to describe a certain type of techno in a record store he ran; it has no particular meaning in any language. Some important producers in the genre are DJ Amok, DJ Rush, Sven Wittekind, The Anxious, Arkus P, Marco Remus and Patrik Skoog.

Nice to see a few of the boys mentioned in there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schranz

Basicaly its just a quick way of describing a certain kind of hard techno(atho not all hard Techno)
Not sure if P scoog is Shranze tho(not IMO)

The Overfiend
10-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Schranz (IMHO) just another name for hard techno, as said before... My impression of schranz still is the 150 bpm monotone pounding beatz without any depth of content.

DJ's / Producers: Rush, Frank Kvitta, ViperXXL, Amok, Ogi, Daniel Gloomy are to be labeled in the schranz-section... But yeah... it's all just "too-hard-&-too-fast-techno" for me :twisted:

Ogi?
I think you mean Obi.

Rydel
10-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Ogi?
I think you mean Obi.

Hmmm, could have mentioned OBI too, but no, I did mean Ogi (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26990)

speed-it-up
10-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Saw DJ Rush at Split/Atomic Jam last year. If what he played then was Schranz, you can keep it. I'd call it "plod" but then its each to their own.

A lot of techno you hear played out nowadays seems to be missing "the funk" or that vital spark to differentiate one track from the next.

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 04:52 PM
im come down from playing speedcore/hardcore tehno and now to playing schranz and its ****in lovely .....

The Overfiend
10-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Schranz
Schranz is the name given to European hard techno, a style of techno typically around 140-150 BPM and based around massively bass-heavy kick drums, driving percussion and distorted, looping synth noises. The term originated in 1994 when Chris Liebing used it to describe a certain type of techno in a record store he ran; it has no particular meaning in any language. Some important producers in the genre are DJ Amok, DJ Rush, Sven Wittekind, The Anxious, Arkus P, Marco Remus and Patrik Skoog.

Basicaly its just a quick way of describing a certain kind of hard techno(atho not all hard Techno)

Skoog and Anxious Schranz?
:neutral:

Frank Dogshit
10-01-2005, 05:03 PM
a lot of schranz bores me thesedays....just seems to be far too many silly samples used with that 'same' boring stupidly fast beat.
wheres the funk gone?i recall being able to see dj rush a few years ago and although it could be looked upon as 'schranz' he was playing there was always this layer of groove going on that seems to be lacking in hard techno thesedays.

saying that though.....really hard techno on a night out can be fun after about 3am and everyones avin it. :lol:

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
your right their danny but its a bit different for me as iv coem down from a different scene which catered for the extreem , i do still need to blast out hard shit to slow or to soft dont seem to interest me unlees im ****in and cant tell :lol:

TheRev
10-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Just for the record, Liebing never owned a record store, he (like most of the rest of us) just shopped there all the time and coined the phrase to describe the distorted shredding sound he was looking for in records to his dealer. Next thing you know there is a bin in the record store labeled Schranz. He also started using it on his radio show.

This is straight from the horses mouth.

The Overfiend
10-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Just for the record, Liebing never owned a record store, he (like most of the rest of us) just shopped there all the time and coined the phrase to describe the distorted shredding sound he was looking for in records to his dealer. Next thing you know there is a bin in the record store labeled Schranz. He also started using it on his radio show.

This is straight from the horses mouth.

I heard he killed Avalon this weekend.

xfive
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
My ears are still ringing. :lol:

orac
10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Schranz

Skoog and Anxious Schranz?
:neutral:

lol :nono:

Mindful
10-01-2005, 07:49 PM
your right their danny but its a bit different for me as iv coem down from a different scene which catered for the extreem , i do still need to blast out hard shit to slow or to soft dont seem to interest me unlees im **** and cant tell :lol:

I spend some time on the sceene your on about(Ive played at Species and someone told me to speed it up)and Technos only just getting reconition but you have to play it hard on that perticular sceene if you try playing real techno at this perticular night for example youd probably get told to put some techno on followed by a bottle bouncing of the head :shock: haha

Mindful
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Skoog and Anxious Schranz? :eh:

Thats what I thought :eh:

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah iv seen u play b4 i think b2b with kalvin , me and my mate played b2b at species in stoke early last year but didnt drop anythink hard , just stuff on stay up forever , bang on, north label etc and it went down quite well its gettin to s stage in that scene where when u play techno yes u do have to grind it out but with that little bit of cheekyness , i would still drop hard stuff at a proper techno event like but would have to build my way up first , as for the bottle haha it wouldnt be far off

Mindful
10-01-2005, 08:08 PM
yeah iv seen u play b4 i think b2b with kalvin , me and my mate played b2b at species in stoke early last year but didnt drop anythink hard , just stuff on stay up forever , bang on, north label etc and it went down quite well its gettin to s stage in that scene where when u play techno yes u do have to grind it out but with that little bit of cheekyness , i would still drop hard stuff at a proper techno event like but would have to build my way up first , as for the bottle haha it wouldnt be far off

Yeh man I heard about that set with F Venom was it? I heard it was class and they all had it to the techno not sure the Manchester crowd would appreciate it as much.
Cal said he did an Acid set at the park and people were calling him a wanker and shit.
Ive heard the tape and it was sweet the mixing was spot on like

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM

Yeh man I heard about that set with F Venom was it? I heard it was class and they all had it to the techno not sure the Manchester crowd would appreciate it as much.
Cal said he did an Acid set at the park and people were calling him a wanker and shit.
Ive heard the tape and it was sweet the mixing was spot on like

i was at that nite aswell in manc it was the know fear nite so it wasnt a normal species calv's set was good i thought didnt see any arse holes chatin shit tho man , if i had i wouldnt of been happy like ,

i do remember when ribbz played a few years back and he cleared the room more or less as no one was realy interested in him , be sure tho it will grow on ppl their , i think its just if the right name plays it at them events all the die hard followers will take note and thay all seem to follow like lost sheep look at luke producer, he droped a few sets @ north and the events were bookin him to play techno as well as hardcore and he rocked !! when frankie venok playd at the last event at the park a couple of months bk he had it goin .... and thay loved it ,, yeah it was hard but went down well

Mindful
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
i was at that nite aswell in manc it was the know fear nite so it wasnt a normal species calv's set was good i thought didnt see any arse holes chatin shit tho man , if i had i wouldnt of been happy like ,

The set im on about is from a bit ago a few years.
The know fear nite was the one I played at aswell the crowd was cool that nite(the M-zone night)

i do remember when ribbz played a few years back and he cleared the room more or less as no one was realy interested in him , be sure tho it will grow on ppl their , i think its just if the right name plays it at them events all the die hard followers will take note and thay all seem to follow like lost sheep look at luke producer, he droped a few sets @ north and the events were bookin him to play techno as well as hardcore and he rocked !! when frankie venok playd at the last event at the park a couple of months bk he had it goin .... and thay loved it ,, yeah it was hard but went down well

Ive heard the tape to that to he plays some top techno Im not sure Speices was ready for anything that funky the Im still not sure if it is now.Ribbs has been championing Techno on the hardcore/trance sceene for a long time but i know what you mean its like they are just getting on to it all of a sudden cause there are more and more techno people and followers coming out of the woodwork at these events and theres a cetain crowd that comes to life when the techno comes on then the trance or hardcore comes back on and they dissapear back in to their corners again.

Obdurate
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Schranz is just a pointless bollox name really whats the point in making woo yeahh another name for something which is easiely called hard techno and in my opinion sounds 100 times better.

its hard techno

end of !!!

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 09:36 PM

The set im on about is from a bit ago a few years.
The know fear nite was the one I played at aswell the crowd was cool that nite(the M-zone night)

Ive heard the tape to that to he plays some top techno Im not sure Speices was ready for anything that funky the Im still not sure if it is now.Ribbs has been championing Techno on the hardcore/trance sceene for a long time but i know what you mean its like they are just getting on to it all of a sudden cause there are more and more techno people and followers coming out of the woodwork at these events and theres a cetain crowd that comes to life when the techno comes on then the trance or hardcore comes back on and they dissapear back in to their corners again.

woo i remember the m-zone nite now .. haha was u b2b fair play ... i was smashed that nite i was sat at the back with oriel most of the nite its all a blur haha

Mindful
10-01-2005, 09:42 PM
In yer corner haha will miss the park top feel to it proper underground club perfect for techno.
Orial She likes her techno that girl.

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah she has a good taste in music

Frank Dogshit
10-01-2005, 10:25 PM
yeah she has a good taste in music

apart from that scouse house she listens to.... :lol:

nick_anarchy
10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
thats true man , what wa sshe thinkin puting us lot throu , while being in that mad world ;) arr well 10 days till i move in me new gaff man so no cheese on their at the after partys hehe

Frank Dogshit
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
thats true man , what wa sshe thinkin puting us lot throu , while being in that mad world ;) arr well 10 days till i move in me new gaff man so no cheese on their at the after partys hehe

good lads i look forward to it nicholas.....any chance of any 800bpm gabba tho?? :lol: ;)

nick_anarchy
11-01-2005, 11:41 AM
if u wont man , plenty of breaks/idm/speedcore/gabba ;) an techno

Obdurate
11-01-2005, 06:52 PM
And plenty of 80's pop comming my way ;)

nick_anarchy
11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
And plenty of 80's pop comming my way ;)

dont forget the 70's man

cirilo
12-01-2005, 02:21 AM
http://www.schranz.basskilla.org/

check it...

BloodStar
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
do you think Liebing has a trademark,,for this word SCHRANZ? hehe :lol:
I like it hard, but don't like schranz.too distorted for me,and too furious without any ideas,. warm sound is gone..it's just thin sounding, anything what is distorted enough pass well there.. I hate it...
and also can't understand how someone can say, Anxious, OGI and Skoog is schranz.... :shock:

jon connor
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
it's just a new word for hard techno
generally with a bit of distortion in it , chris leibing coined the phrase and now everyone uses it.
load of old bollocks if you ask me

:lol: init! if you ask me a lot of the so called schranz producers are either going to hardcore or to trancy, there are only a few labels i will play now, a good old solid hard techno track cant be beat,. anyways labels like construct thythym jerk etc been making this kinda music for years with a lot better production quality. ;) + i always new as hard techno with a diffrent edge to it,but still hard techno. you can call it wot you you like for promotion perposes ive done it myself but it will always remain hard techno wot ever you call it. if im beeing honest i went record shopping the other day and couldent beleive how many vynyl i heard with the same loops in on these shranz records, i see a lot of skull records have been ripped off, shame!!!!! i think i counted at least 5 tunes with a boris s loop not mentioning wot i heard them on but it pissed me off as i am a record buyer! these kids are gettin away with far to much on these fruity loops etc! its nuts!!!!!! wot you guys think. :eh:

eyes without a face
12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
haha skull tunes have been ripped off.... the other way around more like ;)

jon connor
12-01-2005, 04:09 PM
have to dis aggree there scot i no my techno and i can tell ya dude boris s production quality kicks the ass outa these kids, (take composure 12 for a kick off m8t) thats wot i call quality. + im not sure about the other way round dood either! im beeing completly honest, ive heard a lot a blaten ripping going on and it sounds crap! i do play some of the skull tracks as the production quality is far superior to sum of these wank tracks out there at the moment. im not going to mention any the labels coz i dont wanna public slangin match on ere! + is unproffesional to say so,but this problem is very much alive in the schranz scene as a whole!

yes of course m8t there is always going to be ripping off but these tracks ive heard are way to obvious man. ;)

however there are some quality schranz producers to, + i respect very much, but i could probably count them on 1 hand as apposed to the trash thats flying about. ;) they will learn in the end when no 1 is buying there stuff and its sitting on the shelf in shops adding to the missery of distributers + shop owners nightmares. ;)

eyes without a face
12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
schranz shmanz..... but sayin that i have one Boris S record that does kick ass, "weapons of evil" or something, but there was that big debate a while back about skull tunes rippin others work and i think its fair to say that in the Schranz game this goes on alot between all parties but is sometimes just overlooked.... i have a different view on production and come from the group of artists who like to actually write their tracks and i just find all that schranz stuff at the moment a bit to unpersonal and the easy option production wise

but there is a market for it obviously, i used to love hard techno but just think its at an extremely low point at the moment!

stjohn
12-01-2005, 05:00 PM
i might be wrong but in an Irish interview in ANORAK magazine ,when Chris Liebing played here..... he said that some of the new techno is "too" hard.

i love it all but i might assume he was directing that at the wittekind, amok, switchblade/ laker, chris noise flavours.

so in saying this, is all that tuff 150something bpm schranz???...personally i dont care whats what. but its still a weird statement by CL himself.

(sunil maybe u can confirm whether he said this???)

Ritzi Lee
12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
well stjohn:

Liebing doesn't really play that fast.
i mean like 160....

and there's this missunderstanding if you talk about playing hard.
'hard' and 'fast' are still 2 different things.

koma
12-01-2005, 06:13 PM
nothing can be too hard..

one might not like some style or producers or whatever, but you just cant deny anymore that there is a need for taking hard techno to the next level of brutality.. there is audience for that, there are djs that spin that and producers making it, some produce good things, some produce garbage, as in every genre..

saying only hard techno is good techno is limited, but also, why limit techno on, dunno, 145/150 bpms? where is the funk there, someone asks? why do you want funk in every track, maybe I want it to sound industrial..

I really believe there is room for everything. keep pushing the boundaries.

and yeah, I dont think schranz = hard techno, its just like subgenre, coz there is lots of hard techno nowhere near schranz..

Mindful
12-01-2005, 06:13 PM
'hard' and 'fast' are still 2 different things.

indeed

Ritzi Lee
12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
saying only hard techno is good techno is limited, but also, why limit techno on, dunno, 145/150 bpms? where is the funk there, someone asks? why do you want funk in every track, maybe I want it to sound industrial..

Techno produced on 120 BPM can still be hard,
doesn't always have to increase in speed.

stjohn
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
tru enough!!! i was just wonderin if u could call this core-tek schranz?? ive never fullly understood what it is and what it isnt. i always thought schranz = Chris Liebing. but Chris Liebing = normal hard techno.....carry the 1 etc.

i remember CL used to produce tunes without big basslines in the early CLR releases.... stuff like "ping pong pineapple" and "stigmata" i think . for a while i thought this was schranz, but now he whacks in the dark basslines. schranz is whatever goes i s'pose. or is it?

stjohn
12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
sorry for the incoherence... when i said "tuff 150" i meant like Amok etc.....

stuff id usually call core-tek, only to myself tho, with my eardrums bleedin, and my eyes rollin

(in the good way!!!! :lol: ) :twisted: :evil:

koma
12-01-2005, 06:29 PM
i remember CL used to produce tunes without big basslines in the early CLR releases.... stuff like "ping pong pineapple" and "stigmata" i think . for a while i thought this was schranz, but now he whacks in the dark basslines. schranz is whatever goes i s'pose. or is it?

i believe those might be considered as early schranz.. hmmm

ping pong pineapple rmx by stanny franssen i.e. can be found on mega schranz compilation together with: monika kruse - latin lovers :roll: emmanuel top - mars (monika kruse rmx) :roll: bando - sesion :roll: thomas schumacher- supreme funk :roll: oliver lieb - traveller 1 :roll:

with tracklisting like that, no wonder most people areconfused witn names and genres.. :doh:

koma
12-01-2005, 06:35 PM

true

+ or - bmps isnt the criteria for or hardiness or quality, the idea is important..

davethedrummer
12-01-2005, 07:15 PM

true

+ or - bmps isnt the criteria for or hardiness or quality, the idea is important..

the idea is the most important thing in any music.
i can't help feeling that the shranz sound is running short of ideas right now
it's a very limited style.

FUSION
12-01-2005, 07:30 PM

I really have to disagree with that boss, i think that all techno has a kind of a base sound which defines what style you put it into and the schranz sound is seriously going places and has infinate posiblilitys, from my point of view its the one style thats really floating my boat at the moment,,,,,,, but then again due to my short attension span ive not read all of the posts but I would define schranz as amok, natus, boris s etc and im not sure wether im wrong and other people define it as liebling etc (I hate genres).... if it is the liebling sound your refering to then ignore this, but from the point of view of labels like skull, combat skill, etc thats the shit at the minute (IMO)

Frank Dogshit
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
all hard techno past 2003 is classed as schranz maybe... ;)

all that dark shit thats coming out of spain at the moment is the 'real' hard techno imo. gritty,soulful with real depth to it.

im absolutely appalled by some of that stuff on skull etc....that aint techno to me,its proper wishy washy made in 10 minutes stuff and i must admit in the past im guilty of buying it. :oops: anyone heard that overdoxx-piss off on skull??awfully bad!

koma
12-01-2005, 08:02 PM
anyone heard that overdoxx-piss off on skull??awfully bad!

I think there is a track pretty much the same, its just that the voice is saying "f**k you".. heard it for the first time when we had Ranieri in the club and I liked it..

thats why I was suprised when I heard this piss off on schranz total few months later.. :eh:

Frank Dogshit
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM

I think there is a track pretty much the same, its just that the voice is saying "f**k you".. heard it for the first time when we had Ranieri in the club and I liked it..

thats why I was suprised when I heard this piss off on schranz total few months later.. :eh:

exactly the same track but with 'piss off' instead of '**** you'.
how the hell can you get away with that? :nono: :doh:

jon connor
12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
schranz shmanz..... but sayin that i have one Boris S record that does kick ass, "weapons of evil" or something, but there was that big debate a while back about skull tunes rippin others work and i think its fair to say that in the Schranz game this goes on alot between all parties but is sometimes just overlooked.... i have a different view on production and come from the group of artists who like to actually write their tracks and i just find all that schranz stuff at the moment a bit to unpersonal and the easy option production wise

but there is a market for it obviously, i used to love hard techno but just think its at an extremely low point at the moment!

agreed scot its wot im trying to say, but i think skull have been a bit more original than some of the others take no 1 for instence blinding track. anyway at least we can agree there is a problem here . but anyways back to this thread + schranz good stuff but still in nappy stages in most cases ,but hey these kids will learn and who knows wot they will become in a few years, hopfully there sound will become better. ;)

jon connor
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM

I really have to disagree with that boss, i think that all techno has a kind of a base sound which defines what style you put it into and the schranz sound is seriously going places and has infinate posiblilitys, from my point of view its the one style thats really floating my boat at the moment,,,,,,, but then again due to my short attension span ive not read all of the posts but I would define schranz as amok, natus, boris s etc and im not sure wether im wrong and other people define it as liebling etc (I hate genres).... if it is the liebling sound your refering to then ignore this, but from the point of view of labels like skull, combat skill, etc thats the shit at the minute (IMO)

yea fusion im even cofussed now after reading about leibing etc maddness! anyway the labels you mention are all good, but like henry is saying in his post there are limited ideas and every 1 like i said in another post seems to be steeling off each other. but hey i am a kean supporter of this music as you well no, i just feel its still in development and needs to grow, you have to fish through the crap to get the good stuff! ;) but still the good stuff keeps ya grinding ya teeth all day long> :rambo: love it man. ;)

AcidTrash
12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I keep reading people refering to it on this board, but have no idea what it is. :eh:

It's minimal hard house through a distortion pedal.

jon connor
12-01-2005, 11:28 PM

exactly the same track but with 'piss off' instead of '**** you'.
how the hell can you get away with that? :nono: :doh:

wasent gunna say nowt about that frank but yea! you hit the nail on the head there, that really pissed me off + coming from skull to ,they are hit + miss like most stuff but that surly was a blatent 1 straight in ya face that just gives out a message of im only putting this track out with a diffrent sample because i cant be assed to create somthing new, he deserves a good old techno spanking for that. ;) guy mcaffer does it to in this country same loop diffrent sequence wen is that guy gunna change that set of percussion on r.a.w nothing against the lad but its becoming a bit weathered + boring now. anyway back to this thread that fuk you tune was great, but that piss off was just completly out of order , im totaly with ya on that 1 dood. ;)

GothamGrooves.com
13-01-2005, 12:20 AM

In a nut shell imo... Its hard, fast distorted minmal techno, and I will admitt along side a crazy set it can be a great tool. However I don't fancy a whole set of it... names to chekc out DJ Amok, OBI, Tomash Gee, Arkus P, Chris Noise, Chris Hi Hat, Skarabex.. That should be good for now

FUSION
13-01-2005, 03:48 AM
yea fusion im even cofussed now after reading about leibing etc maddness! anyway the labels you mention are all good, but like henry is saying in his post there are limited ideas and every 1 like i said in another post seems to be steeling off each other. but hey i am a kean supporter of this music as you well no, i just feel its still in development and needs to grow, you have to fish through the crap to get the good stuff! ;) but still the good stuff keeps ya grinding ya teeth all day long> :rambo: love it man. ;)

thing is I dont get that stealing off each other limited ideas stuff as all the "schranz" combat skill, artilery etc stuff I have ever bought is spot on original 100% no ripping fresh sounding techno,,,,,,, from my point of view its a relief from all the limited sounding bastard son of acid techno and boring exagerated loop shit that has filled my record box for the last year or so, so its all good, Im even aware that because its big in europe there is a load of shite "I wanna be amok" stuff circulating but to be fair Ive never heard none of it (maybe im lucky),,,,,,,,,,, dont mean to offend anyone with this post its just at the minute my definition of schranz is keeping me from constant slayer and operation ivy and i really belive its giving the techno sceane a whole new face and a much needed kick up the arse, its bringing the gabba and speedcore heads in and the increase in intensity is just what alot of people needed :twisted: IMO

FUSION
13-01-2005, 03:54 AM
to be fair though i rekon that post sounded like im slagging off every other type of techno, didnt mean it like that, the schranz is for the last 3 or 4 (or half ;) ) of the set, the point i was trying to make is its a different dimension to add to my glitch, hydraulix, bound, LK rec stylee and i rekon that its just a relief to have more weapons at my disposal, really cant see any bad points about it at all IMO

jon connor
13-01-2005, 01:10 PM

thing is I dont get that stealing off each other limited ideas stuff as all the "schranz" combat skill, artilery etc stuff I have ever bought is spot on original 100% no ripping fresh sounding techno,,,,,,, from my point of view its a relief from all the limited sounding bastard son of acid techno and boring exagerated loop shit that has filled my record box for the last year or so, so its all good, Im even aware that because its big in europe there is a load of shite "I wanna be amok" stuff circulating but to be fair Ive never heard none of it (maybe im lucky),,,,,,,,,,, dont mean to offend anyone with this post its just at the minute my definition of schranz is keeping me from constant slayer and operation ivy and i really belive its giving the techno sceane a whole new face and a much needed kick up the arse, its bringing the gabba and speedcore heads in and the increase in intensity is just what alot of people needed :twisted: IMO

easy now fusion i no exactly where you coming from i was a North resident for 4 years + yes wen i first started dropping these tracks the gabba heads hardcore techno lot loved it ,no 1 new wot the hell i was playing, in the end even the trance djs were trainspotting my stuff, so yes we on the same level there dude!

however there is a lot of ripping going on mabey not so much on the labels you talk of but a lot, i dont wanna mention artists who doing it because most of them have sent me demos, ive about 85 demo cds here for supertech from all over the world by artists you have named even, you will be suprised ;) + you will also be suprised at how many have the same loops in from big boys + upcoming lads. anyway its moving forward and im doing it with my label in this country, is the whole reason i started it.
it is the new age techno whether people like it or not but yet still early days, like i said there is a lot more to come and these artist will develope even further. :rambo:

does any 1 no wot schranz means in english or is it just a made up german word ?

Frank Dogshit
13-01-2005, 01:29 PM

easy now fusion i no exactly where you coming from i was a North resident for 4 years + yes wen i first started dropping these tracks the gabba heads hardcore techno lot loved it ,no 1 new wot the hell i was playing, in the end even the trance djs were trainspotting my stuff, so yes we on the same level there dude!

however there is a lot of ripping going on mabey not so much on the labels you talk of but a lot, i dont wanna mention artists who doing it because most of them have sent me demos, ive about 85 demo cds here for supertech from all over the world by artists you have named even, you will be suprised ;) + you will also be suprised at how many have the same loops in from big boys + upcoming lads. anyway its moving forward and im doing it with my label in this country, is the whole reason i started it.
it is the new age techno whether people like it or not but yet still early days, like i said there is a lot more to come and these artist will develope even further. :rambo:

does any 1 no wot schranz means in english or is it just a made up german word ?

totally made up word.......i asked my german mate in manchester not so long ago what it meant and he said the word doesnt even exist. :crackup:

koma
13-01-2005, 01:42 PM
i read somewhere its "schrei + tanz = schranz"
tanz is dance, schrei.. I forgot :lol:

koma
13-01-2005, 01:52 PM
wasent gunna say nowt about that frank but yea! you hit the nail on the head there, that really pissed me off + coming from skull to ,they are hit + miss like most stuff but that surly was a blatent 1 straight in ya face that just gives out a message of im only putting this track out with a diffrent sample because i cant be assed to create somthing new, he deserves a good old techno spanking for that. ;) guy mcaffer does it to in this country same loop diffrent sequence wen is that guy gunna change that set of percussion on r.a.w nothing against the lad but its becoming a bit weathered + boring now. anyway back to this thread that fuk you tune was great, but that piss off was just completly out of order , im totaly with ya on that 1 dood. ;)

haha maybe someone found it too offensive, so instead of censoring it, they released the same song with another words.. it would be sad excuse, but u never know :lol:

heh, believe me, I've heard djs playing this record and then silencing the "f**k you" part..

on some other occasions I would come to me friend and instead of saying "cmon man, play that f**k you tune", I would just yell "ey, f**k u" :lol: :lol:

hmmm, lots of f**king in this post, sorry..

jon connor
13-01-2005, 02:11 PM

haha maybe someone found it too offensive, so instead of censoring it, they released the same song with another words.. it would be sad excuse, but u never know :lol:

heh, believe me, I've heard djs playing this record and then silencing the "f**k you" part..

on some other occasions I would come to me friend and instead of saying "cmon man, play that f**k you tune", I would just yell "ey, f**k u" :lol: :lol:

hmmm, lots of f**king in this post, sorry..

yea man! its great the dance floor loves it especially the young lot, but the piss off thing was a bit silly he could of at least made a diffrent track to compensate it rather than just swop sample round as if no 1 would notice. ;)

FUSION
13-01-2005, 04:29 PM

hahaha ****ing hell my last post sounded well aggressive, I know you know where im comin from jon was just board drunk and on one ;) didnt mean it to come out so full on :lol: ...... schranz in english I belive translates as "death from above" :lol:

jon connor
13-01-2005, 09:23 PM

hahaha ****ing hell my last post sounded well aggressive, I know you know where im comin from jon was just board drunk and on one ;) didnt mean it to come out so full on :lol: ...... schranz in english I belive translates as "death from above" :lol:

no probs fusion hahahaha! ive done it me self on vodka! :lol:
anyway we can all agree this music is going places like i said before its a good little pide piper to kids ,for getting into techno its all good dude. reel them in with some bangin filth wilst still dropping the norm hard techno tracks inbetween, ive done it my self + it works + is a positive strength in the techno scene at the minute. :rambo: absoultly bloody marveless if you ask me ;)

Frank Dogshit
13-01-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah its sound for them once the kids have got bored of hard house/hardstyle.

jon connor
14-01-2005, 12:02 PM

yea frank its good + bad ,im amazed at how many hard house djz have turned techno, + even the likes of judge jools with robert natus etc, its crazy stuff! only thing is wot they doing it for ? im curious ?

anyways this schranz stuff does attract more people to techno whitch is a good thing ,only i can see it attracts sum hungry money men to ,this causes problems for hard techno artists as a whole where as people are getting paid far to much for playing another mans music, more than whitch the artist who actually write the music are.
its a funny situation .
just got to live with it i suppose, i feel its a shame wen theres guys that have been trying to push there selves for years as a dedicated hard techno artist ,+ then all of a sudden a big fleet of of hard house djz + comersial djz cum alaong and basicaly cause caos . people get pissed off!
you feel robbed sort of thing! ;)

eviled303
14-01-2005, 02:27 PM
whether its a made up word or not, this style of music came along when i was looking for something fresh. at that time kay d smith, sven wittekind, robert natus, amok, boris s etc were giving us something new and ball breakingly hard. i like my techno banging, so i was well chuffed to be finding these records!! i cant have been the only one otherwise it just would have faded and died, but its still going strong, and the producers who know the score have developed the sound really well. like most forms of music which become popular, there will be low quality rip offs, but the producers who pioneered this sound are still making original music. i saw sven wittekind at locked recently, and he played a whole set of the stuff and it was ****ing great, it was like being at the techno version of a slayer gig!!! you cant please all the people all the time, theres far too much 'i like this techno' 'i like that techno'. the original thread was 'what is it?' not 'argue amongst amongst yourselves and get nowhere'.

jon connor
14-01-2005, 05:27 PM
whether its a made up word or not, this style of music came along when i was looking for something fresh. at that time kay d smith, sven wittekind, robert natus, amok, boris s etc were giving us something new and ball breakingly hard. i like my techno banging, so i was well chuffed to be finding these records!! i cant have been the only one otherwise it just would have faded and died, but its still going strong, and the producers who know the score have developed the sound really well. like most forms of music which become popular, there will be low quality rip offs, but the producers who pioneered this sound are still making original music. i saw sven wittekind at locked recently, and he played a whole set of the stuff and it was **** great, it was like being at the techno version of a slayer gig!!! you cant please all the people all the time, theres far too much 'i like this techno' 'i like that techno'. the original thread was 'what is it?' not 'argue amongst amongst yourselves and get nowhere'.

yea man i totally agree with your comments as a fellow artist who supports this music, the thing is i love all styles of techno,i wouldent want to go to a club + listen to schranz all night,more of case where the promoters have thought out there line up in nice manner where you can build up to this stuff ,let the club work its way up sorta thing, ;)
its easily to get board easliy if its playing all night, ;)

i dont think there is a case of arguing amonst our selves ,most of us love this music we just talking about a few high + lows , its fresh like you say so its boun to be a bit debateable dude!
but as a whole WOT IS SCHRANZ ? disgusting hard techno that make`s you dance your ass off!, a new genere, a stepping stone in the right direction for techno ,absolutly cracking music! :rambo:

nick_anarchy
14-01-2005, 11:20 PM

yea frank its good + bad ,im amazed at how many hard house djz have turned techno, + even the likes of judge jools with robert natus etc, its crazy stuff! only thing is wot they doing it for ? im curious ?

anyways this schranz stuff does attract more people to techno whitch is a good thing ,only i can see it attracts sum hungry money men to ,this causes problems for hard techno artists as a whole where as people are getting paid far to much for playing another mans music, more than whitch the artist who actually write the music are.
its a funny situation .
just got to live with it i suppose, i feel its a shame wen theres guys that have been trying to push there selves for years as a dedicated hard techno artist ,+ then all of a sudden a big fleet of of hard house djz + comersial djz cum alaong and basicaly cause caos . people get pissed off!

dude yoyr right about the was schraz pulls ppl , its pulld me from the hardcore techno/speedcore etc scene and now i dont even play the stuff , it show hard it can get still for me but some stuff does sound boreing ..

if i dont make sence its coz im ****ed ontrips :!:

jon connor
15-01-2005, 09:25 PM

its a funny situation .

dude yoyr right about the was schraz pulls ppl , its pulld me from the hardcore techno/speedcore etc scene and now i dont even play the stuff , it show hard it can get still for me but some stuff does sound boreing ..

if i dont make sence its coz im **** ontrips :!:

:lol: savage nick! hahahahahaha!!! :mashed:

278d7e64a374de26f==