PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESSFUL PLAYBACK OF DEMO'S

miasma man
29-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Hello again people,

Just a quick query.

We are in the process of sending out demos and we put a little sticky label with some graphics and our contact details on.

However, we have been informed that the label (no matter how small) adds extra weight to the CD and may affect the playback capability.

Is this true?

If so what should we do about it?

Thanks,

MM.

Basil Rush
29-04-2003, 10:07 PM
We had that problem, went back to the black permament marker but at some point we are going to get a load of generics printed with the logo and stuff...

MARKEG
29-04-2003, 11:59 PM
well i suggest playing it back on 3 different cd players... if it's ok on 3 things, i can't see a prob...

i've seen the stickers you put on the cd's and i think they are essential to you and your sound....

sinner
30-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Well a label on a cd shouldnt really harm playback, but it is dependant on the device that is playing the disc and how it is setup.

Tray load devices should have no problem at all because the disc stays in the tray quite well.

Portable CD players usually have only a very small contact point in the middle, which would only harm playback if the the cd became very unbalanced which is quite hard to do with a uniform logo placed well.

slot load players such as car cd players can have a problem with labels if the label comes loose anywhere, once a bit of it comes up from the disc surface, it starts to not insert and eject well, and can be easily unbalanced.

A Label with good quality glue, and stuck onto the cd with one of those cd labelling hand machines ( theres a bunch of them ) perfectly centered should cause no problem at all.

278d7e64a374de26f==