PDA

View Full Version : Breakbeat Techno ???

STEALTH
10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Can anyone recomend some decent tracks from this genre ?
The dirtier the better if possible ;)

I've never heard any of this genre before, can anyone shed some light on it for Me ?

detfella
10-01-2005, 08:53 PM
a new genre ever week!

i heard cari did some tasty break fueleld techno trax

greasyfastspeed
10-01-2005, 09:19 PM
try some speedy j - a shocking hobby

Stella Boy
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Last time I heard this phrase was years ago when early jungle still had major techno influences. Would you call detroit/electro bass and broken beat as breakbeat techno ?? :eh:

STEALTH
10-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Right here goes...

i heard cari did some tasty break fueleld techno trax
Do you mean Cari Lekebusch ?? (Sorry I'm a bit thick when it comes to Techno)
That is kinda in the right direction, lots of snares and percussion in the mix. Can you recommend any of the mans tracks in particular - if it IS Cari Lekebusch :?:

try some speedy j - a shocking hobby
I'll check Speedy J out tommorow and let you know - I always though he made VERY scary gabber techno, but I'm probably wrong ;)

Would you call detroit/electro bass and broken beat as breakbeat techno ?? :eh:
I don't know WHAT detroit / electro bass is Stella Boy (sorry) and I don't mean breaks either. I mean a tune that is essentially techno, but with breakbeats or really profound percussion underpinning the track.

The hunts continues :?:

mrbenn
11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Mumps E-H - Tortured recs

this track off this umek ep is pretty dark and dirty

http://www.nuloop.com/real/Tortured/pain021_b1.rm

the sample sounds a bit shite though

all I all a corcker off an ep though

mrbenn
11-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Also check out this whole ep, not dance floor techno but well worth a listen

http://www.nuloop.com/Details_e.php?arti=19253

Mirsha
11-01-2005, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't say that Tortured EP was breakst techno in any way, it's pure up and up 4x4 stuff, no breaks to it at all.

The most recent thing I can think up like this would be The Ride by Tim Wright. The most obvious name that pops into my head is Subhead though, their recent stuff is stuffed full of breaks, I saw them live earlier this year and it was immense, something a bit off the wall and different, just exaclty what you expect from the par of them.

anx
11-01-2005, 02:29 AM
most of the breaks i play are b-sides to techno records made by techno producers

there are some good ones on 4x4
misjah makes some good ones on pocket

go to www.tuneinn.com and listen to the breakbeat/electro section...there are some good ones mixed into that section....if you have time to listen to them all

Joseph Isaac
11-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Two names: Cari Lekebusch and some guy named The Advent.

Dustin Zahn
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Three names: Surgeon, British Murder Boys, and Go Hiyama.

mrbenn
12-01-2005, 04:54 PM
wouldn't say that Tortured EP was breakst techno in any way, it's pure up and up 4x4 stuff, no breaks to it at all.

I didnt mean the whole ep, only one of the tracks has a breakbeat, which is the track I gave a link to, the rest of the ep is straight up 4x4 though

STEALTH
13-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the help, everybody.
Did a bit of research and found that Advents 'Exit EP' is just the sound I was looking for !!

:cool: <--- You lot !!

Ritzi Lee
14-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Secret Cinema is bussy with a breakbeat track for my third release. :)
Expected very soon..

Mirsha
14-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Just remembered folk like Cora S and Lo.Max. Cora does lovely sets of breakbeat techno and Lo.Max does big stonking gritty as hell breakys techno. And don't forget people like Michael Forshaw as well who produces a fair bit of breaksy techno, big indsutrial wobbly sounds that can strip paint from the walls type affairs.

STEALTH
14-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Secret Cinema is bussy with a breakbeat track for my third release. :)
Expected very soon..

I will keep an ear out for that for deffo !! :lol:

...big indsutrial wobbly sounds that can strip paint from the walls type affairs.

YUM YUM YUM !! Gonna check that out right away - cheers :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==