PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Brothers Remix Competition

pablo_sonic_terrorist
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Lets show them what loop based music is all about!

Hey Boy, Hey Girl, superstar DJ's?
What you on about?

Not quite as interesting as the Giant and Dwarf competition, but it could keep some of you out of trouble.

http://www.acidplanet.com/contests/chemicalbrothers

Joseph Isaac
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
This should be interesting. I'm gonna attempt to make the cheesiest pop remix ever!

killarava2day
12-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Hmm, Sony now in the production software game.

Could be worth a look...

pablo_sonic_terrorist
12-01-2005, 11:48 AM
i think Sony just bought the "interlectual property" ie the program Acid, it must be a marketing thing, i couldent see any major differences but then i'm not a dedicated acid user.

i can't see anything in the rules that says you have to use it, so Cubase it is!

jon connor
12-01-2005, 02:38 PM
hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!! bring on the B.O.A calleveri, chemical brother techno mince pies comming soon i think!!!!! hahahahahahah!!!!!! this gunna be interesting. ;)

karlo
12-01-2005, 11:28 PM
hmm

you have to pay for loops? LOL

karlo
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
wrong didnt see...

Honeey
12-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Ha ha that was fun!

GothamGrooves.com
13-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Helll yeaa, let's show them what the dark side is all about! :twisted:

djsirround
13-01-2005, 09:05 AM
it s a pitty that I don't use Vegas 5 software, and the Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series hahahahah

I have ACID but I don't know how to use lol

at least they release the remix of the winner eh hahah

jon connor
13-01-2005, 12:41 PM
it s a pitty that I don't use Vegas 5 software, and the Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series hahahahah

I have ACID but I don't know how to use lol

at least they release the remix of the winner eh hahah

acid is a peace of piss, any 1 got the new no 5 ? there is a couple of new decent features man shit hot for loops, trick is to make ya loops in it then use the them in cubase sx or wot ever you normaly use as audio files, although you can midi up acid 4 + 5 if you wants ;)

im aving a nightmare registering for this ,in the address page it wont execpt my post/zip code. bummer!!!! cant get the loops can start the comp :cry:

tocsin
13-01-2005, 04:05 PM
i think Sony just bought the "interlectual property" ie the program Acid, it must be a marketing thing, i couldent see any major differences but then i'm not a dedicated acid user.

i can't see anything in the rules that says you have to use it, so Cubase it is!

Differences in Acid once Sony acquired Sonic Foundry is pretty much VST support and Rewire support if I'm not mistaken. BTW, am I just blind? I can't find any samples to download from the song. No acapella or anything. As for the song itself, just when I think the Chemical Brothers can't get more boring, they somehow manage to do it.

TheRev
15-01-2005, 09:54 AM
On the right hand side of that page there's some links to the loops.

Heroes
15-01-2005, 10:14 AM
basically the money grabbing f**** have sold out to sony in not so much as we want you to remix us but more as exposure for acid and buy some loops from us. this is big brother style techno, why dont they have a phone in vote for which it cost us 25p a shot, just another capatilist major music stunt, i wish they would just concentrate on robbie williams and leave us to the real deal..........

sorry just woke up

dan the acid man
15-01-2005, 12:50 PM
basically the money grabbing f**** have sold out to sony in not so much as we want you to remix us but more as exposure for acid and buy some loops from us. this is big brother style techno, why dont they have a phone in vote for which it cost us 25p a shot, just another capatilist major music stunt, i wish they would just concentrate on robbie williams and leave us to the real deal..........

sorry just woke up

true

penthesilea
17-01-2005, 10:34 AM
yeap, had a look, original is boooooorrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg...
And listened to a few of the remixes... pffffffffff.

didn't see any of your names, guys...
have you entered anything yet?

Think am gonna give it a go as am complete novice with these things and coiuld show that even somebody who's a nobody and doesn't know f*ck all about production can come up with something better than that original... ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==