PDA

View Full Version : Starting Production...

toxicwaster2
14-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Hello. Just wondering if anybody has got any tips on starting music production? For years its what i've wanted to do but have never the $cash$. now instaed of sitting on my butt i'm working my butt off doing 2 jobs (sympathy please!!) and so am planning to get a PC soon to do various electronic music production but I would especially like to create my own hard trance and techno. anyone got any recommendations for a starting PC and what sort of costs i'll be looking at? would be much appreciated....

daviec
14-11-2002, 09:57 PM
I was in the same position a few years back. You don't say what kind of price range your looking at. When I bought mine I paid around a grand, and it did OK to start with, but I've since upgraded most of it until I'm working with an almost new computer.

If it's for making music only (ie. no games etc) try Red Sub as they do audio computers, and can build to different specs.

Or build your own! Works out cheaper, and you can spec it to your own requirements.

MARKEG
15-11-2002, 03:42 AM
Good advice. I use Millenium Music for sorting me out. They're very helpful. My friends getting a tip top PC built specially for music from them for 1500 quid. I think it's pretty much the same spec as the one I recommended in the general section.

278d7e64a374de26f==