PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - In Motion

eyes without a face
12-01-2005, 08:06 PM
really need to get back into my club trax more so check this out that i started this afternoon people

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~scottg/music/Scott_Gray_In_Motion.mp3

only 1.30 at the moment but only started it at around tea time, il finish it over the next few days

BRADLEE
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah it sounds ok so far. Pretty ordinary though...sounds like alot of other stuff of heard and so far doesn't have much evolvement to it. I guess I can't really evaluate how I feel until I hear the whole thing. Post it again when you're done man. ;)

eyes without a face
12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
yeah got a few synths n stuff to add yet, lookin forward to that tommorow!

thanks anyways

audioinjection
12-01-2005, 10:41 PM
yeah man, this is sounding pretty cool, something like carl cox would play imo, but definitely a clubby style

xfive
13-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Pretty funky man.. but it needs to be hella punchier and deeper in the low end... definetly needs a couple more elements ontop.. great backbone tho. ;)

dan the acid man
13-01-2005, 03:27 PM
this is a damn good base to work from, the effects really work well, they dont sound like they've just been whacked on for effect if that makes any sense

eyes without a face
13-01-2005, 04:48 PM
im gonna add some proper synths and more percussion in a while and tommorow, just u kids wait haha

slavestudios
13-01-2005, 07:21 PM
hurry up :lol:

eyes without a face
13-01-2005, 08:02 PM
check it now kids

little undecided still on it tho :neutral:

BRADLEE
13-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Dude,now it's Ill Scott. I love the little vocal snips and all of the other changes you made. Good stuff my man. Now this is definately on it's way to being a nice club rocker. :clap:

eyes without a face
13-01-2005, 08:38 PM
thanks man, thought u might like it hehe

10 points to whoever can name the vocal snippet tho hehe

slavestudios
13-01-2005, 09:33 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHH !!!!!

whats with that break ????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

sorry dude. liked this (although very clean compared to what i dig) but when it hit that break ?

sorry scott. horrible..

sorry to be so blatant but i wouldnt lie to anyone :cry:

eyes without a face
13-01-2005, 09:41 PM
horrible is a bit strong, a bit more constructive criticism if u please mate, but yeah sure its horses for courses ;)

slavestudios
13-01-2005, 09:47 PM
scot, honestly, its the first thing came into my head..

i'm not being a c**t for the sake of it. i like the loop & the proggression, i just think the breakdown is awful.

but, thats totally from a personal taste point of view. not knockin the production or such.

i dig a lot of your work, even though its not what i would play.

but i dont like that breakdown at all. sorry.

i aint saying bin it or anything. i jus.. you know.. dont like it.

tbh, i would bin the break & cut the main loop to a one beat repeat with a long filter effect & some more linear strings to bring tension in, but thats jus me.

and you made the track for you, right ? so f**k me then :lol:

eyes without a face
13-01-2005, 09:51 PM
i dont mind if anyone dislikes my stuff, but horrible is such a negative word and i for one wouldnt tell someone their stuff was horrible, id take a moment and just explain that i disliked it and then do what u have now and offered advice on what you would personally do to the track

but this is why techno is how it is, we'd be boring if we all dug the same groove as it were

slavestudios
13-01-2005, 09:59 PM
totally agree man..

if everbody liked the same shit... yuk

it was the first word came into my head though. rest of track is tops.

and tbh, i dont like to advise anyone on anything. its THEIR track & i have no place to say this or that. other than do i like it or not. and if so, why.

tbh, i'd rather i hadnt mentioned what i would do instead of the break. such a twatty thing to tell someone.

if theres no bass, or the highs are overcooked fair do's, but instructing ppl from an artistic angle... euuurgh. i feel horrible doing it

but, be aware. you did say my track was 'boring' and some would take that very very thick. i dont mind. i can see how someone would have that opinion, and thats a good thing in my book.

either way, the local Spar is about to close & i have no kingsize or coca cola..

LaterZ

eyes without a face
16-01-2005, 02:28 PM
changed this alot now peeps, i listened back and those synths had to go, awful stuff haha il let u have that one donaldson :oops:

but anyways, check it now, a little bit detroitish but with a dancefloor edge definately

hope u enjoy

dirty_bass
16-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I like this.
Unexpectedly girly (not a bad thing)
There`s a real odd feel to the final mix though.
It all seems to lack width, and sounds like it`s been compressed into a narrow frerquency range.
The bass is nice in this, good to here you`ve sorted out the problem you had with bass being too shallow.

I cranked this real loud for a second listen and I think the problem lies with the sounds themselves. They are a little thin and lack low mid lushness (the pads in particular) which leaves an odd balance to the mix.
Some nice saturation compression on some of the sounds will fix this.
Try
Endorphine, it`s a very good soft compressor with lovely analogue saturation circuit emulation.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/880.html
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=3
it`s also free ;)

eyes without a face
16-01-2005, 05:51 PM
cheers Steve, appreciated

thanks

eyes without a face
16-01-2005, 06:24 PM
downloaded the compressor but couldnt load it in Fruity unfortunately :(

il try it in wavelab tho on the master channel

dirty_bass
16-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Should work, it is a vst.
Lemme have a look and see what other saturators there are that might help yer instruments

eyes without a face
16-01-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah ive tried again but alas no luck :(

thanks dude

slavestudios
17-01-2005, 10:48 AM
changed this alot now peeps, i listened back and those synths had to go, awful stuff haha il let u have that one donaldson :oops:

but anyways, check it now, a little bit detroitish but with a dancefloor edge definately

hope u enjoy

:lol:

i'll give an ear when i get back in...

btw scott, check my post about monitors in Techno Production Forum'

maybe a solution to my problems :lol:

eyes without a face
17-01-2005, 10:54 AM
ive had this picked up anyway peeps, more details soon as!

jobs a gud un!

il check it out pete

278d7e64a374de26f==