PDA

View Full Version : Midi Controller with FLStudio

tekboi
13-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi guys,

I know I might have asked this before but wanted to get a more clear aspect on it, as I am using FLStudio at the moment and would love to know what I can with a midi controller alongside it, as I do want this option.

1. If with the midi controller I want to control lets say an effect filter, do I assign it to control the master channel in FX or do I setup the effect in lets say channel 1 in FX etc. Either way effects in FLStudio can they be controlled in real time with a midi controller? How?

2. Can I enable the midi controller to control specific sounds such as the kick or a pad for example, so in real time I can minimise the kick or the sound of the pad to create build ups for example? Either way can I control certain sounds with a midi controller? How?

Anything else I can do with midi controller and FLStudio?

Do I simply plug the controller's RCA's into my sound card and assign things through FLStudio and simply work from the midi keyboard?

And lastly how can I fiddle with the midi controller while I am recording in song play so that what is recorded and played around with the controller (effect or sounds) is actually recorded in the track without stoping the recording like if you touch the volumes on a channel and it stops the recording.

Hope this isnt too complicated or non-understanding, I hope someone can help me clarify and explain to me these things.

Thanks heaps, cya.

tekboi
13-01-2005, 07:54 AM
I know there might be a similar topic I have posted on this, but here I have explained my interests a little more clearly, so I hope thats cool.

Thanks again guys, hope to hear from uz soon!

tekboi
13-01-2005, 07:57 AM
Also with the questions above, what I mainly want to do with the controller is 1 - control certain sounds (kick, synths, snares etc) what would be the max on controller for this? 2 - I would prefer to control my effects (filter) through master while I am recording rather than seperate channels.

And also, though I am using a controller, if I for example play my track live do I still need to automate it so that when I export the track to audio it does what I do live from the controller? How do i do this?

Sorry I know I keep blabbering, just need to know, curse if you have to :lol:

tekboi
13-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Anyone?

Barely Human
13-01-2005, 05:18 PM
You can set the controller to control any parameter inside Fl Studio. If you can change it with your mouse, you can change it with a controller...

tekboi
14-01-2005, 05:32 AM
Cool, thanks IQ, at least I know it definately can be done. Now I just need to find out how to record my movement with the controller? Can you help?

And when you say control any parameter that the mouse can, so would I be able to control lets say the master effect channel in FX?

Barely Human
14-01-2005, 05:47 AM
All you do is right click on the parameter you want to link to your controller, then select "link to controller" and then turn the knob you want to use, it will automatically asign it. The if you want to record it, make a new pattern like you would to edit events, and then hit play and record. It will save all the information in the event editor so you can tweak it if needs be...

tekboi
15-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Thanks heaps IQ, shall try this and let you know how I go, thanks!

Barely Human
15-01-2005, 12:50 AM
PS.

If you want to link non fruity plugs, ajust the paremeter with the mouse first, then click on the little power plug button on the top left of the wrapper and then select "last tweaked parameter", then you can go to link controller from there...

278d7e64a374de26f==