PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Listens

daviec
14-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Just to buck the trend a wee bit, I listen to techno but produce hard trance.

I just find my tracks always seem to end up sounding trancey. Eventually I'd prefer to produce techno of the pounding variety.

Anyway, I'd be chuffed to hear what folk think of my latest track. I'm quite proud of it from the point of view that it was all done on VSTi's except for the one pretty obvious sample.

And so's I don't end up getting flamed...

the sample is ironic , as I listen to techno.

It's called Nobody Listens

cheers,

Daviec

MARKEG
30-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Your synth sound at the beginning sets the scene and it's definitely trance. I think you're trying to use this sound as a bassline but you've made it sound too much like a main sound.

Other than that, it's all a good start and I like some of the ideas... But you need to get those drums sounding more punchy - and you need more of them in there. Try using drum loops in the mix too.

Edited by: markeg3000 at: 11/30/02 5:42:37 pm

daviec
02-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Cheers for listening to my track mark.

Your right, the initial synth sound is meant to be a bassline. Maybe taking something of the top end of it, or a low frequency bp filter would help it.

And your right about the drums. I usually use loops, but my aim was to complete a track with all my own production. I want to eventually be making my own drum loops, and then I can move on to making techno.

Meanwhile any tips for a good source of drum loops?

cheers,

Davie C

MARKEG
04-12-2002, 03:37 AM
yup - total house is a very good CD for drum loops...

278d7e64a374de26f==