PDA

View Full Version : Is my Alesis Monitor 1 to bright or is it just me?

faktor-x
14-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Upon reading many forums (particulary this one) and seeing that many records have been released made with the alesis monitor ones, I decided to buy a pair of them.

I was really a big difference after my home hifi speakers. But after a few months the high frequencies started to annoy me. It was okay on low level listening, but when i crancked it up, the highs were cutting my ears. Now I'm using some corrective EQ (10-16khz -3dB rolloff). Is this okay to do, os should I use it uncorrected?

Now I'm thinking on getting the B&W DM602 S3 or the Monitor Audio S2 for monitoring which should be better. I can't spend more than 500eu on speakers, so don't recommend me any mackies or genelecs. :)

FILTERZ
14-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Well i reckon once you get used to their sound you will know whether to eq the top or not .
Personally my mackies seem really bright but when i have adjusted this with eq mixed down and then played the mix back on hi fi speakers the mix sounds dull and flat.
I have got used to this now and expect them to sound very bright and mixdown with this in mind.

278d7e64a374de26f==