PDA

View Full Version : i know its OT but... prepare to laugh

RDR
15-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I've been DJing for 10years, when i first started i made the mistake of tkaing the needle off the wrong record... more than a few times...

since then the problem went away. But last night...

I wasnt off my face, wasnt drunk, but was tired after a heavy(ish) session the night before and at Pure Techno in Hull ( http://www.puretechno.co.uk )

Was playing my own tracks off a couple of Pioneer DJ units and locked grooves off vinyl, just finished with a CD player that sits over the vinyl i was playing and feeling pleased with myself reached over and removed the needle from the "im a disco dancer - Dave.C remix" SILENCE.

oh dear god...

LOL!!!!!!! I felt like a beginner again. Tehe!

loopdon
15-01-2005, 10:59 PM
you gotta make it look like you did it deliberately --- and then bring back the record in full effect :twisted:

ancient break-creation technique :rambo: :crackup: :crackup:

Milesy
16-01-2005, 02:25 AM
i done that during my first big gig :cry:
i just made a face and shoulder shrug to the crowd to emphasise
that the "needle skipped" :lol:

maily
16-01-2005, 04:26 PM
you shoulda seen him afterwards,
he was nearly crying :cry:

only kidding dodge :wicked:
you big bollock.

RDR
16-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Breakdown creation - pun intended don?

My mate reports that he saw me do it, it went silent and he heard me laugh really loudly and then it kicked off again...

kindof a breakdown creation - lol!

Evil G
17-01-2005, 02:51 AM
rewind selecta!

happens to everyone now and then. ;)

RDR
17-01-2005, 09:36 AM
i remember seeing umek do it at the orbit years ago - i guess if umek can do it at the orbit i can do it too!

:doh:

MARKEG
17-01-2005, 01:19 PM
i used to do it quite regularly. and i'd just scream very quickly 'come on you ****as' and the crowd would cheer, i'd put the needle back on the record and off we'd pop again.

you really have to do something in these situations or you really do look like a complete and utter novice!!!

slavestudios
17-01-2005, 02:09 PM
just keep the poker face & the kids will go with it..

ive done this a few times. i even once stood with silence for almost a min as i lit a cig.. then dumped a Ruckin 12 at +8...

place went bonkers :lol:

was also told later by a punter that it was the most abstract thing he'd ever seen a techno dj do & he admired my courage in pulling offs uch a stunt...

pfffffffffffffffftt :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==