PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this qualifies as techno... it has acid tho.

AcidTrash
17-01-2005, 03:53 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/clarity.mp3

Evil G
17-01-2005, 07:45 PM
this is pretty good.

the snare roll and crash cymbal are a bit over done, esp near the end, but other than that, you are getting closer to nailing down that 1997 sound.

AcidTrash
17-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks! Wish I was a clubber in 97 if that's the case. I've not heard much like his except maybe Tinrib. Any recommendations as to what to look out for that's like this on vinyl? At this rate of progress I should have something current by 2007.

tooltech
18-01-2005, 07:48 AM
sounds cool.
good to hear in a car and i will arrive faster.

Basil Rush
19-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Mix wise it works fine but it could sound somehow a touch more modern and up front

Hats and stuff could be thinner + a touch more top closer and tighter maybe to make it sound a bit more exciting?

Everything sounds a touch too distant.

Love its acid trancy techyness tho

Ignore me if you like it's retro feel tho! :)

AcidTrash
20-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Mix wise it works fine but it could sound somehow a touch more modern and up front

Hats and stuff could be thinner + a touch more top closer and tighter maybe to make it sound a bit more exciting?

Everything sounds a touch too distant.

Love its acid trancy techyness tho

Ignore me if you like it's retro feel tho! :)

I do like this one as is to be honest. We were bouncing round all day to this while me and me mate made it. I know it's nothing new but I just figured "there's a happy piece of music, lets leave it at that before we spoil it!"

At the moment I'm not trying to write any genre as such. Just making sounds that sound how I feel. The best is yet to come!

278d7e64a374de26f==