PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic DIY and the wife

RDR
17-01-2005, 04:24 PM
hi folks

My wife is looking more and more disgusted :protest: at the studio i work in at home (i like it but it does need a fresh start defo) so ive decided to paint it and put new carpet down etc etc, i also need to take the opportunity to redevelop how i monitor in the room and was hoping BOA could help me out.

i really need to treat my room as its doing my head in - i've got a mid range standing wave in there . when i cut the sound off i can bloody hear the ringing die away.... I just bought some new Wharfedale 8.2 actives and i really need to sort my room out..

I know you guys know stuff about it and im interested to hear what you got to say on the subject

My room dimensions

square. 8ft x 10ft window in one end slightly offset to right (on 8ft wall) door in other 8ft wall. in one corner is a boiler for the hot water. its in an enclosed space which takes up 4ft x 2ft x 2ft.

Im guessing i need to work out which frequencies are most predominant in the room. ive used a feedback destroyer and a behringer ultracurve before but i dont really have the cash at the moment to buy one just for this purpose.

HELP!

Thanks peepz :notworthy:

FIK
18-01-2005, 04:07 PM
http://homerecording.com/bbs/archive/index.php/f-20-p-1.html

Hope this helps

RDR
18-01-2005, 04:46 PM
:clap:

Good link. Thanks.

278d7e64a374de26f==