PDA

View Full Version : Lars Klein in leeds ? !

FUSION
18-01-2005, 01:53 PM
we just about confirmed lars klein :cool: to come over and play for us in leeds this march 18th but after some recent flyering trips we are a touch concerned that enougth people may not have heard of him to make it worth while....... would people be prepared to travel to see him?/ are people really intrested???? let me know as we a bit (only a little :eh: ) unsure now.

ds2
18-01-2005, 02:53 PM
he's got a following in yorkshire, you'll be ok.
loads from york and wakefield will come over for it.

go for it.

FUSION
18-01-2005, 05:02 PM
nice one im sure we will :clap: any other encoraging comments much appriciated

conflict
18-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Absolutely definately mate!!

I'd love to hear Mr Klein after i missed the subsonica night

Definately book him

FUSION
18-01-2005, 11:06 PM
when you say the subsonica night does that mean he played there recently?????? if not does anyone remember when he last did a uk gig?

Traxx
18-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah he played there about 4/5 months ago.

romelpotter
18-01-2005, 11:37 PM
yea lars played for us back in July, I would deffo have him down again mate, he rocks end of story, we had him for his first time in the uk, but I dont think he has played here since. :lol: :lol: do it mate :cool:

DJ Corbzy
19-01-2005, 12:54 AM
He makes damn good tunes, would love to hear him play...if I lived up north I would defo pay to see him...

MARKEG
19-01-2005, 02:51 AM
i say go for it. make sure you haver the cash bfore 2 pay for everything, just in case everything goes wrong. really make your posters look good. speakto those cunts who do the fly posting round leeds and make sure your posters are everywhere. post every forum and do every amount of promotion possible mate.

MARKEG
19-01-2005, 02:57 AM
don't rely on 'oh is he wel known enoughh to pull ppl'. of course he is well known you silly ass - in about 10000 ppl throughout the world. but is he well knwon enough to pull 500 ppl in leeds with no promotion? NO.

you've got to hype this guy up. everywhere you look in your home town must be a poster. if it was me i'd do interviews in leeds guide, and really make it a cultural thing. put the flyers in all the trendy bars and be out every club.

this is why i never want to run a club night ever again. what a nightmare

good luck anyway mate. but there's no way you should think his name is gonna pull ppl...

FUSION
19-01-2005, 04:50 AM
nice advice guys watch this space,,,,,,,,,,, thats a good idea bout the leeds guide mark we know a girl who writes for that as well, as is the trendy bars point, hopefully the poster crew (the "unts" has been removed after this month ;) ) will do as good job for us as they did this month, mr. natus`s name is every where, i really belive with promotion its down to the amount of energy you put in is what you get back and we would clearly go nuts for this one, cant wait, our dj roster for the first half of this year is looking serious business :clap:

subsonic
20-01-2005, 09:05 AM
lars is a top bloke and a wicked dj deffo worth getting in he is deffo going to be come back to subsonica later in the year :cool:

Louk
20-01-2005, 01:02 PM
we just about confirmed lars klein :cool: to come over and play for us in leeds this march 18th but after some recent flyering trips we are a touch concerned that enougth people may not have heard of him to make it worth while....... would people be prepared to travel to see him?/ are people really intrested???? let me know as we a bit (only a little :eh: ) unsure now.

Fusion - email details of your nite to my friend Dave who does a radio show on Ram Air FM - it's broadcast all over yorkshire on medium wave and he plays techno and trance

Natus is the daddy i'd so love to come to this but its one weekend i cant ills ee if i can make it for lars klein tho as hes ****in proper sick

Louk

ds2
20-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Fusion - email details of your nite to my friend Dave who does a radio show on Ram Air FM - it's broadcast all over yorkshire on medium wave and he plays techno and trance

wtf's ram air fm? never heard of it.
have you got a contact for the show please.

Louk
20-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Yep www.ramairfm.co.uk - I used to do a show on it last year with my friend Ian and it is a wicked station :)

Louk

eviled303
20-01-2005, 06:16 PM
cheers for the response peeps, and cheers mark, if our promotion is anywhere near as hard as the effort we've put in for robert natus we should be fine, there's shed loads of nights coming up between now and then, and the leeds poster peeps did a great job for us this month. we're coughing up 50% of his fee a month in advance so financial pressure should be minimal. i'm a massive of fan of the man, and lars klein and robert natus are two examples of the direction we want to take the night, it's hard work, but its worth it to bring people like that who are the top of their game. nice!!!!!

fatcollective
26-01-2005, 02:12 AM
BUT YEA... BUT NO... BUT YEA... BUT NO... BUT YEA.... tuff decision to make there, hope you do get him n i hope the club is rammed, but u neva know what could happen, all the best anyways ladz! good luck! ;) ill try n make this 1 & im sure a lot of ppl from up this way wud travell to c him.

mr burns
26-01-2005, 10:00 AM
book him ill come he's one of my favorite producers :clap:

FUSION
26-01-2005, 01:10 PM
cheers for all the advice guys, after the big success of our last night we already gone ahead with it :clap: cant wait

fatcollective
26-01-2005, 02:43 PM
:clap: good on ya ladz!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==