PDA

View Full Version : 2005-Big Year For UK Techno

conflict
18-01-2005, 09:16 PM
I definately think this year has had the most promising start,since i've been into techno. So many tasty events coming up, and i have heard about loads more on the big grape vine. Also its good to see djs like dave the drummer, chris liberator and obviously mark eg getting bookings at places like the emporium and hardcore heaven( i'm gonna get shot for this) It makes techno a bit more socialably acceptable(can i spell??!!!)

poisoned antidote
19-01-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah i know wot u mean...start of the year is always shit for events. But ive seen an been told of a fair few that cant really b missed already!

Tony
19-01-2005, 01:28 PM
i reckon it will be a big year all round. now that the majors have left dance music alone, and minimal might actually get some coverage in this country instead of just hard techno. that should put the word techno back into the publics heads once again

FuK-NuT
19-01-2005, 02:02 PM
yup the year has started with a bang for ourselfs, ran our first night
for 2005 last sat ie JakN with residents...the place exploded with over
200 punters in a 350 capacity venue....bloody nice to see considering
everyone's normally skint this time of year...

rock on 2005!!!!

gumpy green
19-01-2005, 02:47 PM

rock on 2005!!!!its 300 cap...and yes it started with a HUGE BANG.....place was aff the hook.

slavestudios
19-01-2005, 03:20 PM
i hope sumthin happens in belfast..

theres not a single techno night in this city..

hasnt been since about august last year. weve got enuff house & at least 4 different dnb outfits, but no techno..

very very sad

gumpy green
19-01-2005, 03:40 PM
i hope sumthin happens in belfast..

theres not a single techno night in this city..

hasnt been since about august last year. weve got enuff house & at least 4 different dnb outfits, but no techno..

very very sad

fell for ya man......get in ther tho and get a techno thing going...nae competition, yall have all the tech headz..

MARKEG
19-01-2005, 03:43 PM
nope, it's time to go for it this year. no more messin about. 2004 was SHIT with a capital SH for alot of ppl (including me in some parts of life). there's a few really big artists i know in techno that had an awful 2004 but are really getting their act together. i think it will be a slow start like always but all the indications are good and the outlook is more than positive.

good luck to everyone in 2005!!

subsonic
19-01-2005, 03:47 PM
im well looking forward to this year wahooo we got loads planed but we will see ;)

gumpy green
19-01-2005, 04:26 PM
nope, it's time to go for it this year. no more messin about. 2004 was SHIT with a capital SH for alot of ppl (including me in some parts of life). there's a few really big artists i know in techno that had an awful 2004 but are really getting their act together. i think it will be a slow start like always but all the indications are good and the outlook is more than positive.

should get yer anxious pa up here to edinburgh......it defo aint shit.

FuK-NuT
19-01-2005, 05:01 PM

rock on 2005!!!!its 300 cap...and yes it started with a HUGE BANG.....place was aff the hook.

i thought it was 350...maybe no...i still think u could get 350 in tho, even
if u couldnt move lol

FuK-NuT
19-01-2005, 05:02 PM

should get yer anxious pa up here to edinburgh......it defo aint shit.

aye k'mon mark....get up here, we think youd luv it...;)

Florence
19-01-2005, 05:38 PM
is it true what they say around here: that techno is still underground in the UK, while in The Netherlands it is nearly drowning in its own popularity?

samba
19-01-2005, 08:02 PM
well I couldnt answer that ^^^

But...

here in New Zealand the first 5 weeks of 2005 is the best its been for techno in a looong time...

We got Carl Cox (tonight), Michael Mayer (next week) and most importantly Ben Sims two weeks later!!!

:cool:

conflict
19-01-2005, 08:31 PM
i'd say its still pretty underground at the moment

not many parties have 1000+

loads of club nights going on tho,certainly say its getting a bit more popular/acceptable than a year or two back

mattboyslim
19-01-2005, 09:51 PM
i'd say its still pretty underground at the moment

not many parties have 1000+

loads of club nights going on tho,certainly say its getting a bit more popular/acceptable than a year or two backcomin for a stomp at antioworld on the 29th?

conflict
20-01-2005, 05:35 PM
i cant make it mate,we'll catch up at the next filth

Dirtyacid
20-01-2005, 09:41 PM
i totallly agree with you mate i,ve just got some storming records in my monthly haul kick the drum records are at the front of my box and to see henry playing along side mauro picotto it really goe,s to show that the uk have a massive techno scene what is getting bigger & bigger i can,t wait to see what this year is going to bring (BRING IT ON) :clap:

gumpy green
21-01-2005, 10:10 AM
i totallly agree with you mate i,ve just got some storming records in my monthly haul kick the drum records are at the front of my box and to see henry playing along side mauro picotto it really goe,s to show that the uk have a massive techno scene what is getting bigger & bigger i can,t wait to see what this year is going to bring (BRING IT ON) :clap:

to see piccoto linked to techno hurts my feelings.......cunts like him would fuk the scene good an proper with their commercial way.

hes pish anyway.

pablo_sonic_terrorist
21-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I've got a mate who runs a label in the Goth/Industrial scene, he's pretty clued up with his market.
He say's that the whole "goth" scene is a load of bollocks because it's "fashionable" to be a part of.
The goth nights are really busy, but because it is fashion led no one actually buys the records.
i.e. proper shite for all who try to make that sort of music, so it could be a lot worse!
Lesson learned?

Keep it Underground!

Mindful
21-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I can deffo see Techno being"fashionable"this year im not realy sure if thats a good thing or not.I personaly prefere it strictly underground thats what keeps Techno pushing forward and with its own identity but I dont own techno so whatever happens happens.
But more importantly I can see the people who are allready involved in the scene getting more involved and better at what they do be they musician, producer, dj ,promoter or clubber it looks good to me plus a lot more people im sure will find or be found by techno in this country this year.
A big :clap: for techno as a whole for 2005 lets push things forward in the right.

Mindful
21-01-2005, 03:50 PM
^^direction(I didnt end my sentence :doh: )

gumpy green
21-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I can deffo see Techno being"fashionable"this year im not realy sure if thats a good thing or not.I personaly prefere it strictly underground thats what keeps Techno pushing forward and with its own identity but I dont own techno so whatever happens happens.
But more importantly I can see the people who are allready involved in the scene getting more involved and better at what they do be they musician, producer, dj ,promoter or clubber it looks good to me plus a lot more people im sure will find or be found by techno in this country this year.
A big :clap: for techno as a whole for 2005 lets push things forward in the right.

yup were running a night in edinburgh and will only play the finest in underground peeps or folk not overpowered by greed, in doing that we dont get over runn by commercil fuks wanting to see carlcox....only real tech headz show face. and are much more up for it too....plus as youve said it is pushing our scene forward.....and door prices are as cheap as poss...wish i could do it for free but thers rent and promotion etc

how easy is it to book say "mr super star x" and ram the place full of folk.....or should we be looking at how we can help advance the scene as a whole?

i know wher my heart lies and it aint with the big names...i luv these underground partys SOOOOO fukin much it, and it hurt me to see wher some folk try to push the scene...ive had a few comin up to me with the "you should get an agent blabla" you could make a fortune etc etc....like i care about fukin the scene to fund my crack habit....i steal for that.

rant over.....im away to see piccotto

fresh_an_funky_design
26-01-2005, 09:02 PM
to see piccoto linked to techno hurts my feelings.......cunts like him would fuk the scene good an proper with their commercial way.

hes pish anyway.[/quote]

im not into all his tunes but you've got to respect how good his production skills are. The Alchemist EP, Bangkok an his tunes on alchemy are amazing in terms of productions. Admittadly his techno has got a trancy tinge to it, but he still gets a fat sound. And all his tunes are really original, and dont consist of a loop an a filtered break down like so many producers out there!

fresh_an_funky_design
26-01-2005, 09:03 PM
by the way the bit in the qoute box is my reply! :doh:

conflict
27-01-2005, 09:04 AM
must say i agree with you about picotto's production,absolutely spot on!

I read elsewhere that he was shite at the last antiworld tho,dont know why!!??!

jon connor
28-01-2005, 03:43 PM
id have to say arm yourselves the s.h.i.t is going down 2005/2006
sum serious time for techno ahead .......new venues/events/ Labels new young artist`s. in wales alone we have managed to create an arsenal of labels along with to new superclub venues in the pipe line. this is without rest of uk and the global effort as a whole. everyone seems to be clude up for 2005 almost as if they been waiting for summit......... " is this the revolution ?" well i been waiting about 10 years so lets f.u.k.i.n av it and enjoy while it last`s . :rambo:

by the way i think the boa community has played a valuble part in this new age of techno respect to
everyone god damm legends....... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

now go kick ass dudes! :rambo: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mindful
28-01-2005, 08:12 PM
by the way i think the boa community has played a valuble part in this new age of techno respect to
everyone god damm legends.......

Agreed!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==