PDA

View Full Version : Michael Burkat - a sort of homecoming

gary_human
21-01-2005, 01:48 AM
I just bought this. Im a DJ and I really love this - dunno why??! I guess I just love the simplicity of his grooves? My mate said he had it but got rid of it as he thought the production was none to good? I guess he (Burkat) aint gonna win any prizes for most forward thinking producer of 2004/5 but I really dig his simple dancefloor friendly grooves (I used to really love the simplicity of Timo Maas' earlier stuff - though he fell off and went all commercial). I must admit Im not a production guru and I can dig anything from house to electro to progreesive to psychedelic with anything from old skool and acid techno in betweeen, and I really love this - I just wondered what others thought on whether it needs to be forward thinking to be good??!

drift9
21-01-2005, 03:30 AM
I'm usually a pretty big fan of burkat's releases but this one really didn't do it for me. i love his minimal-but-driving approach to techno, but for whatever reason i didn't get a feeling of "character" off this one. just nothing stood out for me.

all the same, burkat will remain one of those "buy on sight" producers on my list.

The Overfiend
21-01-2005, 04:28 AM
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF162171-01-01-02.mp3

Dope
http://www.jayquan.com/kblow.jpg

dirty_bass
21-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I`m in two minds about Burkat.
His production is good, but I find his stuff just too simple, and lacking in ideas.
Kinda production over substance.
It works well as a DJ tool, but really I think you need to do more these days.
I dunno.
It`s probably me being pretensious again :roll:

killarava2day
21-01-2005, 07:32 AM
You know, I found this a little different too, some usual trademark stuff...but you can't bag him for trying out something a little different. I didn't really like it, but funnily enough there seems to be a few artists doin some remixes off this LP so, I dunno.

Defo alot of Burkats stuff is fill in material, but it's always tuff gear though, and sounds wicked a loud system regardless.

killarava2day
21-01-2005, 07:35 AM
BTW was it just me but between him a Klein, they must've had the biggest release schedule last year :?:

dirty_bass
21-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah, his tunes are solid in the mix, and he has done some interesting stuff with this ep.
But I would have like to hear him extrapolate some of those ideas.

MARK NEENAN
21-01-2005, 08:51 AM
I think this album's great!! :clap:
Especially shoot this cocksucker! :rambo:
Simple, but effective! ;)

Si the Sigh
21-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I think this album's great!

Same here! :cool:

techno_smack
21-01-2005, 05:06 PM
got some wicked tunes on here, im not too sure about some of the break beat type ones though i preffer more bass.

i have this brand new and for sale if any1 wants it i bought it and got 2 copies

10 quid ?

MangaFish
24-01-2005, 11:34 PM
i put a thread up about this EP a month or so back.

i've actually grown quite tired of this EP quite quickly. its a good job there are soo many tracks on there as i would have condemed it by now.

to be fair, there are a few track on there that i think i will play a fair bit - but non that i would get excited about playing any more

gary_human
25-01-2005, 12:05 AM
i put a thread up about this EP a month or so back.

:oops:

there goes my status as a 'cuting edge' DJ!!

MangaFish
25-01-2005, 12:14 AM
:lol:

it rare for me to actually post anything on here track related as i dont know my arse from my elbow when it comes to track names and artists

dan the acid man
25-01-2005, 02:10 AM
i like it, there's a few good tracks on it in my opinion

Adverse
25-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I`m in two minds about Burkat.
His production is good, but I find his stuff just too simple, and lacking in ideas.
Kinda production over substance.
It works well as a DJ tool, but really I think you need to do more these days.
I dunno.
It`s probably me being pretensious again :roll:

definitely not. i posted how crap and rip off of the advent this was ages ago.

278d7e64a374de26f==