PDA

View Full Version : Are people still up for organising a board 'free party'

kss
02-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Is this still a plan?????
We'd be up for doing the sound system..... as long as someone can provide a building / field / squat etc.

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612202917%20

also check the website for the latest photo's.

miasma man
02-05-2003, 01:27 PM
I heard talk about it and I reckon if it was all sorted out and organised properly it would be a blinder. Summer sounds like a good time...

Does anyone want to take responsibilty for organising it - somewhere where we can all meet would be good, midlands maybe?

Come on people, are we up for a party or what???

:P

T
02-05-2003, 04:50 PM
I'd be up for a party :)

eyes without a face
03-05-2003, 01:18 PM
im sure there are more than enough Djs who wouyuld play on here

myself included!!!!

thorin
05-05-2003, 01:18 AM
yes.... :!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!par ty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!:: !party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!part y!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::! party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party !::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!p arty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party! ::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!pa rty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!: :!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!par ty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!:: !party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!part y!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::! party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party !::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!p arty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party! ::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!pa rty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!: :!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!par ty!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!::!party!:

soz

kss
05-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Come on lads and ladettes!

I rekon the Midlands is the best option! - In the middle of the country and eassily accessable. (also alot of venues to choose from! - Legal and less legal)

Anyone based in Brum? Any one have the contacts for Brum clubs and / or free party systems?

eyes without a face
05-05-2003, 12:47 PM
maybe the Inukshuk guys could get involved, they are based in Brum.

MARKEG
05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
yes this is a well good idea...

Dj Swannie
05-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Midlands is the ideal place, I dont mind traveling from the south west to the brum area but any further north than that it might be a bit too far. Gotta consider the drive back, cant be to far of a trek.

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2003, 03:13 PM
ill get stuart who runs inukshuk to have a look on this topic. He has many ways of getting many things. The last few parties and after parties have been abseluteley wiked. Like no other event ive been to. More chilled and a happier atmosphere.

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2003, 03:17 PM
maybe there could be a blckout room at the next inukshuk?????

MARKEG
05-05-2003, 07:11 PM
now wouldn't that be fun :D

perhaps get the kss sound system in?

oh god i'm getting ahead of myself... slow down!

ampassasinbirmingham
05-05-2003, 11:47 PM
you would have to play mark if it was representing blackout!!!

Chazbloke
06-05-2003, 09:16 AM
hey yo! MiSSiON would be up for this too!!
I was thinking about the august bank holiday weekend, as our whole party community does a weekender then... last year we went to pembrokeshire in wales, the year before that was somewhere on the south west coast (brain aint functioning yet...)
but that's a fair way off....would be cool to have one before then..
there are a fair few summer venues in northamptonshire (where the police are well lax over parties), that's about as far north as i've hunted.
would be cool to have the 2 systems, one for techno and one for hard trance :D

Stuart
06-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Speak of the devil and he shall arise. Inukshuk would be honoured to help in such event. There are plenty of venues in Birmingham that I could get. Also clubs. I currently have a place booked for the 4th July which due to us doing something on the 20th June I am thinking of canceling as I can't advertise a free party before a paying one so I'd only have 2 weeks to advertise it. Let me know your thoughts and Ideas and I can help with what would work in Birmingham.

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey S!

Great call. I think this would be tremendous fun. OK, everyone - get your input into this... Meanwhile S, if you don't mind I'll PM you with my telephone no.

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Could you take over the hard house room?????

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 01:08 PM
hard house?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what makes you think we should have hard house anyway? and why the f*** would I be interested in doing it? hahahaha

i would have said main room techno, back room hard trance - anyone????

i reckon that's the only way we'd truly represent this board...

Stuart
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
We usually have main room Techno, Then hard house Trance, Breakbeat, Dub, Deep House and a room that has random stuff in.

Which all works really well. But our next one we're having a change with the second room and getting in an underground hard dance sound system in to see how that works.

Rooms that have proved the best so far have been Techno, Breakbeat, Dub, Deep House and random stuff.

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 02:13 PM
no i meant that blackout could possibly take over the hard house room

Stuart
06-05-2003, 02:29 PM
no i meant that blackout could possibly take over the hard house room

Wouldn't work as we're both Techno it'd probably be a vs in the main room. Someone else could do the other room but not hard house.

Chazbloke
06-05-2003, 02:35 PM
have hard trance/hardstyle in the second room :D

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 02:35 PM
yeah there would be to much techno. maybe an inukshuk vs blackout audio in the main room with the inukshuk residents vs anyone from blackout

Dj Swannie
06-05-2003, 02:37 PM
I would agree with mark there, Techno in the main room, Trance & Hardstyle in room 2. Probably better that way as Blackout Audio is well know for techno & not so for trance.

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Whatever happens I think that having the breaks in the second room would be more appreciated. It has a bigger following with inukshuk clubbers. Then move it onto drum and bass at about 4am, but dont advertise it as d&b cuz that brings moodyness to the exceedingly happy inukshuk vibe which is not needed.

I think any hard house/trance/hardstyle should go into the third room (temple bar) where the breaks usually are.

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 02:42 PM
maybe blackout hosting the hard dance room and in the main inukshuk vs blackout.

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 03:24 PM
you see blackout audio (the label) is a techno label. it's not got anything to do with hard trance. i just put a hard trance forum on this forum cause i also play hard trance as well as techno and i can keep up with the people i meet when i play hard trance. hard trance in the main room of a blackout audio night is definitely not something i want to do cause at the end of the day the label is the back bone of everything and i don't want to confuse people. any night that blackout audio is involved in has to be techno.

but now, cause the board has developed we have a very strong hard trance contingent on the other forum and i know they're just as up for meeting up as the techno crew are. and to be honest, i really want to try to get them together. i'm sure we'd all have a great laugh.

mixing techno with hard trance is very very difficult to do in one room. to be honest, it doesn't work unless you've got lots of hours to play with. hard trance would have to be something in another room. besides inukshuk are know for techno and so are blackout audio, so it'd be stupid to mix hard trance up with that.

stu, i'm interested to see how this hard dance room goes. if it does well then i'd personaly have no problems helping organise this room to suit the hard trance crowd that could come to the night. but we'd leave blackout audio for the techno stuff...

Chazbloke
06-05-2003, 03:47 PM
bleh, getting far too complicated already!
somone find a field near 'Brum and i'm sure KSS and MiSSiON can get something sorted for the techno folks and the hard trance fans.

BritishMurderBoy
06-05-2003, 03:49 PM
sounds like a plan :idea:

stu, just make sure that u keep the dub room as it is :D i need my 5:30 -6 chill out with the boys from jibbering..

by the way.. i it true that jibbering is closing down?

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 03:49 PM
hahaha...

life is full of complications my dear Chazbloke.

:lol: :lol:

Stuart
06-05-2003, 03:51 PM
I totally agree with Mark as both Inukshuk and Blackout are about Techno that would mean a Vs as I said in my earlier post. People love vs nights when you get to sound systems together. Forget the about the other rooms for the moment.

Stuart
06-05-2003, 03:53 PM
sounds like a plan :idea:

stu, just make sure that u keep the dub room as it is :D i need my 5:30 -6 chill out with the boys from jibbering..

by the way.. i it true that jibbering is closing down?

I haven't heard this.

Stuart
06-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Mark.

Which artists are signed to Blackout?

BritishMurderBoy
06-05-2003, 06:14 PM
the shop in moseley seems to be closing down and i have a few mates who have said the same thing...

tbh honest i haven't been in for a few weeks now so i haven't been able to get any information from the horses mouth... just thought u may have come across summit....

don't try any insider trading or anything stu! we could go to jail :)

i'll keep u posted... (no pun intended)

so Blackout Audio vs Inukshuk @ the birmingham sanctuary ???!!??

sounds promising to me...

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Well we've got:

The Anxious (Me and Chrissi) plus:
Glenn Wilson
Patrick Skoog
Chris McCormack
Zohar
Andreas Kramer and Thomas Pogadl
Inigo Kennedy
Hardcell

Blackout Audio is also part of the SUF collective so we've got Chris/Aaron Liberator on board too. Oh plus of course we did that Hydraulix thing with Henry (Hydraulix Vs Blackout Audio) so DAVE The Drummer is very much a part of everything.

Then there's some really good DJ's who are very much a loved part of this board/network who I'm sure would be up for something like this.

Call me Stu and if you wish I'll start asking ppl who'd be up for it and who wouldn't.

ampassasinbirmingham
06-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Jibbering Records is closed for maintenance, it Will be open on the 6th May

BritishMurderBoy
06-05-2003, 10:22 PM
ent u in the know :D

didn't realise the extent to the DJ's on Blackout, you have some good names there...

MARKEG
06-05-2003, 10:23 PM
we don't mess about man hahahahaha :wink:

kss
07-05-2003, 09:39 AM
hey yo! MiSSiON would be up for this too!!
I was thinking about the august bank holiday weekend, as our whole party community does a weekender then... last year we went to pembrokeshire in wales, the year before that was somewhere on the south west coast (brain aint functioning yet...)
but that's a fair way off....would be cool to have one before then..
there are a fair few summer venues in northamptonshire (where the police are well lax over parties), that's about as far north as i've hunted.
would be cool to have the 2 systems, one for techno and one for hard trance :D

I have a fiend that runs a PSY trance rig...... and I know quite a few connections in that scene. We could certainly do that!

If we get a venue with two rooms........ or an outdoor site pref with permission - we would be well on the way!

eyes without a face
08-05-2003, 03:58 PM
It would b wikid so see some of those names in england. Glenn for sure, doesnt play much at all over here. Inigo too.

im sure Djs from the board would b good to get on too. i know id b up for it as im sure others are

278d7e64a374de26f==