PDA

View Full Version : it appears everyones suddenly caught the sidechain bug

mattboyslim
23-01-2005, 08:56 PM
good work :lol:

loopdon
23-01-2005, 09:11 PM
whatcha mean, started sidechaining or learnt how it works?

:lol:

mattboyslim
24-01-2005, 11:24 PM
well either way everyones talking about it

slavestudios
24-01-2005, 11:31 PM
i still aint played with it..

not totally sure i get it :lol: but it cant be that hard can it ?

slavestudios
24-01-2005, 11:33 PM
to wire up btw

MangaFish
25-01-2005, 12:01 AM
i dont even know what it is

slavestudios
25-01-2005, 12:16 AM
its all to do with routing compressor signals so that one triggers the other or summat...

i have a rake of outboard h/ware compressor/limiters that i use 4 live shows, so i really should try it.

tracatak
25-01-2005, 02:31 AM
can some1 show me a way to do it in fruity loops studio again..i have tried many times dont get it to werk properly..seems to jstu do nothing....i tried the fuity balance n peak controll method..maybe if i have some basic samples that come with fruity to su so we are using the same sounds and a example of ur mp3 vs mine to see if we came up with same results..i tend to get the push pull effect from compression..not sure if side chain would werk better...i also d/l the red sidechaing plugin ..(forget by who/what company) but not sure what to do with that too..do ijsut place it on a kick ? or the whole loop

any info would be great...
thanks

AcidTrash
25-01-2005, 02:39 AM
a loop sample fo what it is would be interesting.

fresh_an_funky_design
26-01-2005, 09:05 PM
im not quite sure what everyones on about on this post but if you wanna get your kick an bass line rocking. Sidechain your bass compressor to your kick drum compresor, it really gets the bass pumpin :lol:

Greg Dee
27-01-2005, 12:28 AM
im not quite sure what everyones on about on this post but if you wanna get your kick an bass line rocking. Sidechain your bass compressor to your kick drum compresor, it really gets the bass pumpin :lol:

how would one go about doing that in fruity?

fresh_an_funky_design
27-01-2005, 12:44 PM
aint got a clue about fruity, im talking in terms of hardware compressors. Not really that keen on software compression, dosen't sound as warm. Although there are some really good software compressors out there. like the multi-band compressor in logic. that kick ass, putts different compression on different parts of the eq!! :lol:

loopdon
27-01-2005, 01:07 PM
well, this has explained many a times.

put a fruity peak controller on the kickdrum channel (or better a send from this kickdrum channel), if using a send leave the 'mute' button enabled, if on the kick channel itself, deselect 'mute' or you won't hear the kick. then do a right click on the volume knob of your bassline channel (or whatever channel you want to sidechain the kick to) and then
'select controller' ---> select internal controller ---> channel the peak controller is on + peak.

then as the 'mapping formula' select 'inverted'.

no use the controls in the upper part of the peak controller plugin to tailor the sidechain to your needs.

this should be made sticky, i am getting sick of explaining it, to be honest.

:crackup:

the following link should explain it, too:

http://www.samplecity.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23971&highlight=peak+co ntroller

tracatak
28-01-2005, 01:39 AM
muchas gracias....finally it werked after your explaination..no one ever sadi to change the channel to nomber 2 or whatever that u have the peak controller on in the select controller.internal controler setting..ty very much//now ill be glued to this all night

The Teknoist.
29-01-2005, 09:39 AM
what do you guys use in cubase/nuendo to sidechain then?

fatcollective
29-01-2005, 11:52 AM
TC do a great little sidechainer in their native bundle. Just put it on a send channel on the appropriate bus then tweak the send level on the kick and your bass and it will sidechain any tc compressers quite nicely.
Obviously you need to be running compression on the kick and the bass first.

beno
01-02-2005, 03:10 PM

u need a plug with the key input option.
if u have an external compressor with the key input option its great.
Otherwise u should get a vst compressor with the same option.
i use scope fusion soundcard(creamware) that has a side chain comp.i route the channels out from nuendo to copmressor and then i can record via the input back to nuendo without exporting it..
hell yeah its pumpin when the kick is at the key input :lol: ;)

The klubb Krayz
04-02-2005, 05:54 PM
i think the best compressor for this is the compressor deEsser and i recon its in the tc native pack im no 100% sure tho

278d7e64a374de26f==