PDA

View Full Version : yamaha rm1x question

Ginjin
24-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Can a Yamaha Rm1x be used as a midi control unit for pc software?

http://www.vintagesynth.org/yamaha/rm1x.jpg

messyfuture
24-01-2005, 12:49 PM
i have a pdf manual if you want it

i had a quick scan through it and it seems that you could possibly use it to control software (i think!)

not much use really :roll:

RDR
24-01-2005, 01:52 PM
it can indeed. Just work out which midi cc's the knobs are pumping out.

or if you are using fruityloops, reason or ableton you can just use the 'link to controller etc' features and twiddle the knobs on your rm1x and hey presto!

audioinjection
24-01-2005, 04:58 PM
i used to have a rm1x, and i used it along with fruity loops, you just have to mess with the midi options

Ginjin
29-01-2005, 08:22 AM
cheers for the replys....much appreiciated.....I went to buy the yammy rm1x last week and the shop had got a 505 in....I did some sound comparisons and the took the 505 home.
I am having a absolute ball with the 505 and am getting the hardware bug me thinks :lol:

hiroprotagonist
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
dear god i miss my 505.. *sniff sniff*
if youre still interested in a kick ass sequencer though its hard to beat the RM1X. i prefer the 505 only because i spent the better part of 4 years lovingly devoted to it. but the RM1X has allot more potential. if you still want one or know anyone around london that does i have one in the classifieds section. im trying to get rid of it so cheap offers will do. also trades.

just a shameless plug there :clap:

acidsaturation
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
The only thing I don't like 'bout the RM1x is that it changes pattern straight away rather than at the end of a section. I like to set up 4 bar patterns and piss about live rather than having a structure. I can hit the keys fast enough if it's just the RM1x, but if I have my electribes synced to it and am even 10ms out (which I will be) after 10 pattern changes things get noticable...

Dunno what I'm gonna do with mine - I like it, but there was an MC505 in the shop for £100 more and I knid of think I should have saved a bit more and got that, 'cos I'm so usedto working with the 303...

Oh well - guess It's a whole new thing to learn so should keep me going for a while and does control other stuff better...

Komplex
03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
you can have the pattern change on the next bar and not as soon as you hit the pad... or do you mean have it change after more than one bar?

278d7e64a374de26f==