PDA

View Full Version : Soft Synth Era...

AcidMutant
24-01-2005, 12:55 PM
OK guys, I've decided to go soft... get a new PC Cubase based setup rigged up and put the analogues out to pasture (well I can't tweak that many knobs simultaniously).

Anyhow to mark this change of direction I'm going to start by building a VSTi soft synth.

Anyhow - what would you guys like to see in terms of synths that aren't out there already or features on synths? I really don't want to go the way of all the other 'retro' VSTi synths out-there. I mean for 4Ks sake this is 2005, not 1985! - mind you this started as an Alpha Hoover emulator but is rapidly gaining it's own life!

So far it's quite a mad little synth capable of producing some dirty sounds. I'm considering adding features like - attack/decay/release time syncing (to BPM divisions), similar modulation sync options.

Any crazy, whacked out ideas accepted.

Audio Clip (http://www.geocities.com/acid_mutant/dirtysynth1.mp3)

RDR
24-01-2005, 01:50 PM
have you got an FM section yet?

How many LFOs?

Ability to modulate the FM with an LFO would be nice

Wave shaper

Phase adjustment on the waveform

ring mod+delay as a send FX within the synth

pitch mod waveform (to create kick drums etc)

Nice one, id love to get a copy when you finish. :clap: Are you using synthedit? I just started it myself - my synths are bloody awful, but im getting better...
:oops:

professor
24-01-2005, 01:57 PM
how about an Audio Unit version??...

AcidMutant
24-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the ideas,

There is no filter/envelope as yet but these are planned.

I'm building it just using the VST SDK and Visual C++, coding the audio output/manipulation directly in C.

I shall post a beta here for public consumption once it's of appropriate quality.

RDR
24-01-2005, 03:25 PM
great, cant wait AM. Thanks for sharing.

278d7e64a374de26f==