PDA

View Full Version : smooth mixing

Dirtyacid
24-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Im just starting to dj techno again after some time out building up my dj system i,ve got 2 cdj 800,s , 2 , 1210,s , & an allen & heath 62 but im finding it hard to get my mixes to go smoothly I can beat match & mix on breaks but i wanna mix like D.a.v.e the drummer he,s smooth as a mill pond how doe,s he do it every time i try to get both bassline,s running together it seems to pop & bang i,ve tried everything i can think of but it still ain,t going how i want it too i,ve got the best equitment you can buy saw whats going wrong can any of you help???? :crackup:

techno_smack
24-01-2005, 05:22 PM
maybe your just giving it to much bass, try using the filters on your allen to switch between basslines and adhust it so it sounds fat. :rambo:

n

MangaFish
25-01-2005, 12:17 AM
too much bass will pop. try swapping the basslines after a break, that way the change isnt quite as noticable.

i've heard though the grape vine that some DJs delibrately push one of the records out a fraction so that kick drums dont cancel each other out, but i dont know how true this is.

Hakka
25-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I make use of the X62's high mid's. When I bring mixes in I have the bass on half and the higher mid on half. Slowly fade the channel in to about 80% then even slower bring it up to 100%, wait for a 32 loop to complete then shift the higher mid to full and then wait for next loop (or few more depending on the tune) to switch the bass's over.

Experiment with bringing in the tunes with different varients of the higher and lower mids. That's what I do when I use my Xone 62 and it really gives a smoother mix that way.

killarava2day
01-02-2005, 11:36 AM
too much bass will pop. try swapping the basslines after a break, that way the change isnt quite as noticable.

i've heard though the grape vine that some DJs delibrately push one of the records out a fraction so that kick drums dont cancel each other out, but i dont know how true this is.

Phasing of the kicks sound soo good on well balanced system though, very tuff indeed.

278d7e64a374de26f==