View Full Version : RANE Empath

tioneb
24-01-2005, 06:52 PM
It seems tresor club has gone for it.

Anyone has infor about it ... Im hesitating between this one and A&H xone 32

http://www.rane.com/empath.html

Barely Human
24-01-2005, 06:54 PM
If your getting a rane, then there really is only one worth getting - http://www.rane.com/ttm56.html

I dont thinks its what you are looking for tho, so i would probably opt for the xone..

evanrees
26-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Ive only had a short play on each one. But i would recommend the Empath. It is so nice to use. I believe sound quality is similar. Empath is apparently biult like a tank. There are some reviews of it on www.futureproducers.com.
So, i'd say go Rane. I'm saving for one right now.

Barely Human
26-01-2005, 11:00 PM
You should also check out the Ecler range of mixers. I cant recomend them high enough. Ive had mine for 3 years now, being a turntablist i have battered it too death, and it still works exactly the same as when i first got it out of the box. No new faders or anything on it either, and they work and sound perfect. I must of done nearly a million cycles on the x-fader alone. Brilliant bit of kit...

tioneb
15-02-2005, 07:16 PM
ok, the rane seems to be €150 - € 200€ more expansive than the A&H without noticeable quality different from what ive read

i personnally trust only what ive tried, and actually ive only played with the A&H, in club condition.. and it seems the mixer has survived there for years, though i wont contest rane solidity...

so i guess the price will talk and ill get the a&h

drudles
17-02-2005, 01:58 PM
What's the price difference between the a&h 32 and the 64? It's prob worth hanging on til you've got some extra cash to get the 64 if you can. a far superior mixer. Of course if you win the lotto or something get the 92, it's a beaut! :love:

Hakka
17-02-2005, 02:53 PM
What's the price difference between the a&h 32 and the 64? It's prob worth hanging on til you've got some extra cash to get the 64 if you can. a far superior mixer. Of course if you win the lotto or something get the 92, it's a beaut! :love:

I've got the 64, it's a great mixer and a pleasure to use.

Yoshimitsu
17-02-2005, 05:51 PM

I've got the 64, it's a great mixer and a pleasure to use.

Yeh me too. Best mixer ive used :love:

bwaarp
21-08-2005, 08:07 PM
but the crossfader is total gash.

and the layout on a+h mixers is retarded.

rane empath is a better mixer in EVERY way. especially feel. the a+h vca crossfader is sooo indirect. it doesnt cut sharply enough and all the controls are too cramped.

and why not put the headphone volume where the headphones plug in?

the empath was designed by grandmaster flash, he gave a thorough explanation of why the mixer is as it is at plasa a couple of years back. its intuatively laid out and only offers features that are actually useful.

obviously those of you who've already splashed the cash on a+h arent going to agree. but as someone who's main use for a dj mixer is for use with pa systems i've not chosen to buy a xone mixer because of the points above. sound quality is excellent though and it is a good mixer(i own an a+h live desk so i'm not anti a+h), its just that its faults are too obvious after a while and as a result i've still not splashed out on a new mixer.

when i do it'll either be a ttm 56 or an empath. built like a tank with beautiful layout and soundquality.. what more could you ask for?

curly
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I have the rane umpath and love it, The onlt things i don't like are the Autogain control(can be turned of at push of button) and the tiny line switches

The A+H 32 is still a good mixer but i don't like the gain controls being on the back , and the indivual chain meters only have a few segments to them,

Both are quailty mixers in my opion

278d7e64a374de26f==