PDA

View Full Version : LOG:ONE - DISCO SUCKS

log:one
02-05-2003, 07:40 PM
here is a track i knocked up in fruity... what do you reckon?

http://missionparty.com/mix/log:one/logone-discosucks.mp3

once again, chazbloke is the number one geez.

oh, and by the way, it doesnt really, in fact im quite partial to a bit of earth wind and fire 8)

MARKEG
02-05-2003, 09:00 PM
well here goes honesty again... my 2 cents...

1st and most noticable thing is the bass.. it's just not right. it takes waaaay too long to come in and when it does. it's way to loud. try to eq some of the mid out too... it's needs to feel 'lower'.... ???

03-05-2003, 11:07 AM
fair play... dont really want to make it come in sooner tho, i think it has a nice impact where it is, but on the eq side, well i havent got a clue, so your advice is ALWAYS much appreciated... and your right, i was thinking that maybe it was drowning out some of the mid-to-low in some of the loops. nice one mark.

michealbr0ke
03-05-2003, 04:20 PM
i like it very much.. nice sounds used and good rhythm. good dynamics.. but i agree with mark about the bass, but this is the only thing that bothers me... nice1

MARKEG
04-05-2003, 10:00 AM
what you have is a very tight, well produced acid techno track here. all the elements are right and then the bass is just way too much.

think of it like this. the bass is supposed to add to what you've already done. you've brought it in a totally the right moment, i'm not disputing that. and the notes of the bass are good. but the bass absolutely just dominates everything!

the only about this track is that bass. get that right and i think you've got something 100% releasable. please (for me) turn that bass down by about 2 db.

what i'm saying about making it 'lower' is taking out the mid freq's and making it more rumbly. instead of it feeling like you're riding a horse (which it sounds like at the moment), make it sound like you're in a racing car with micheal schumachers girlfriend riding the gearstick at 150 mph.

:wink:

John Vella
05-05-2003, 07:40 AM
The kick always seems to be the trickiest thing to get *just* right eh?

I like alot of the sounds in this tho man...!!

You did this all on Fruity?

Which version?

-JOHNNY

05-05-2003, 07:31 PM
mark, you are so right... i took this down to dave spinouts at the weekend and listened to it on his mackies and BAM straightaway when the bass came in i could hear that there was very little sub to it and a fudge of a load too much mid... im going to stick it through maxxbass and then cut the mid a bit... i'll upload the new one when ive done it. nice one mate.

your highness, im currently using fruity 3.5, waiting with very little patience for flstudio, which i should be getting this week... i really cant wait.

Orange
05-05-2003, 08:27 PM
nice nice track! :D

278d7e64a374de26f==