PDA

View Full Version : What Music magazine do you buy?

Frank Dogshit
24-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Just wonderin what everyone purchases per month.......

Please dont say mixmag.. :lol:

MangaFish
24-01-2005, 11:52 PM
i used to buy DJ / iDJ, but these days i only buy a magazine when i'm baored and need something to read

Traxx
24-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Dont buy any. Havent for a long time.

Frank Dogshit
24-01-2005, 11:55 PM
i used to buy DJ / iDJ, but these days i only buy a magazine when i'm baored and need something to read

im the same....just pick up the odd magazine when im on a train somewhere. i recall M8 magazine being good early next year when they got a new editor,loads of techno stuff in there but it seems to have gone crap now.

would probably buy IDJ nowadays.

gary_human
25-01-2005, 12:03 AM
I got tonsilitis and am off work (i dont really buy any mags nowadays) but while I was waiting for me prescription I went to the newsagents and it was a toss up between HipHop Connection (my musical roots are hiphop - and its got so many 'stars' to read about) and DJ mag - I opted for DJ mag but havent read that much of it yet - I hope i am not disappointed. I some times buy IDJ coz my mate writes features and reviews some techno tracks in it.

slavestudios
25-01-2005, 12:09 AM
i always get Future Music (for samples & free s/ware) and Music Tech Magazine for the same reason..

got Computer Music recentley also.

its either those or Fox Mens Club :twisted:

god knows the music press (dance) in the UK are fekkin awful..

who in their right mind needs another dj poll that puts Oaky in the top ten ?

Zektor
25-01-2005, 01:18 AM
i always get Future Music (for samples & free s/ware) and Music Tech Magazine for the same reason..

got Computer Music recentley also.

its either those or Fox Mens Club :twisted:

god knows the music press (dance) in the UK are fekkin awful..

who in their right mind needs another dj poll that puts Oaky in the top ten ?

Yeah I used to get Future Music as well...just to "study" the world of music production...
And then my local magazine shop stopped selling them as they were getting too expensive for the store. I think I was the only one in my whole town that bought the magazine.... :roll:

ampassasinbirmingham
25-01-2005, 02:22 AM
future music, music tech and the king of kings Sound On Sound

conflict
25-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Future music and IDJ

Si the Sigh
25-01-2005, 08:56 AM
iDJ & Blackout Audio.

conflict
25-01-2005, 09:01 AM
there is a music mag called blackout audio?

:lol:

fatcollective
25-01-2005, 09:33 AM
i get upfront mag for free hehehehehe :lol:

penthesilea
25-01-2005, 10:05 AM
DJmag, IDJ but not regularly... It's not easy to find a good one. Like that drugs dossier in DJ mag, well... it's a bit naf really...

davethedrummer
25-01-2005, 10:51 AM
i always pick up upfront at kinetec

all the dj/mixmag glossies are total shite , it's just advert land as far as i'm concerned
where everything is peachy wonderful and toasty warm. and no one has a bad time ever and everyone is just one big happy feckin family!!!!

BOLLOCKS!

anyway i'm nerd so if it's anything it's sound on sound for me

fitipaldi
25-01-2005, 11:22 AM
used to buy dj mag but got well bored of reading about james zabielia all the time. don't buy any of them now, theres far more stuff about techno online.

Si the Sigh
25-01-2005, 11:25 AM
there is a music mag called blackout audio?

:lol:

No, I mean this site! :lol: I class it as an online magazine. I also read Upfront. The best magazine IMO, and like someones already said, it's free!

sash
29-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Future music though it is hard to find out here in country Australia :)

There's a good aussie mag called 'audio technology' but i'm not sure u guys/ gals get it over seas.

scienceofuse
29-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I used to buy DJmag, Future Music and Computer Music but lately, I just read them in the bookstore and buy them only if I want to have certain samples/ software/ articles... These mags are pretty expensive, you can buy an LP for the same price so it really depends. I don't think I'd ever buy Mixmag or DJmag again though because it's exactly like Dave said, it's just advertisements and party reports from the land of milk and honey... But I do find Future Music and Computer Music good magazines with good reviews and tutorials for beginners and experienced music makers alike... I mainly see these mags as a way to keep up with the technology and new developments, just to see what's coming out and what you might want to buy... Plus, they have had some great interviews with some cool artists / producers which were really informative about the individual creative process of these people which I found really interesting.

Mindful
30-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Future music,Sound on Sound and Upfront(which is better than any other club/dj mag on the market)
Used to buy Wax also but It just kinda dissapeard...Is it still going?

MARKEG
30-01-2005, 10:59 PM
no mate, wax is gone. such a shame, we worked so hard on this mag :(

anyway, i think upfront is really good, but it really needs to be more national.

recoil
31-01-2005, 01:11 AM
My brother has an ID&T magazine subscription (for free) but there's hardly any useful information in it.

I used to read Strobe, a german magazine. I dont know whether it still exists, I can't buy it anymore here in the local shops.

So only online information now which is pretty decent if you look hard enough :)

Mindful
01-02-2005, 07:24 PM
no mate, wax is gone. such a shame, we worked so hard on this mag :(

Shame :cry: Your Techno reviews were well funny Mark

audioinjection
01-02-2005, 07:50 PM
i used to get remix, mix, and eq mag for free when i was in school, but after i left, no more

but i just read stuff online now

Col
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
upfront, computer music, and occasionally future music & digital music maker.

Ritzi Lee
02-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Another question:

What's the position of the dance mags in our community
since all the up2date dance fora?

Clarkus
04-02-2005, 12:06 AM
I sometimes purchase IDJ mag.... but only if i'm bored!
All the mags these days are an absolute waste of cash.... keep it for tunes and bevy thats what i say ;)

Larney
04-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Be really good if people in their respective countries could list names and address for music magazines - then we could build up a database for mailing promos to.

278d7e64a374de26f==