PDA

View Full Version : Chris Liebing

Dirtyacid
26-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Just recived a live cd of the guy from an event called mayday & **** me this guy can mix His style of music is just saw different to everyone else,s Im really enjoying his stuff its hard but funky & very accessable (even my mums enjoying it arn,t parent,s strange???) ha ha. Has anyone out their managed to see this guy live & if so whats he like live im bouncing round me room to this saw Im wondering what he,s like live?????? :clap:

penthesilea
26-01-2005, 10:23 AM
saw him mixing at the alex palace antiworld party, wasn't dead impressed but then again, he came on after Mauro picotto completely killed the dance floor and he had to rebuild everything from scratch...

Mayday used to be a great rave! Not sure what it's like nowadays...

koma
26-01-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah mayday was really nice some years ago, during the golden periodof rave, with lots of hardcore and oldschool trance :D

take a look at this years lineup so far:

DJ Set:

Westbam, Joey Beltram, Luke Slater, Hell, Chris Liebing, Ferry Corsten, The Plump DJ`s, Tomcraft, Kai Tracid, Moguai, HardyHard, Dr Motte, Tiefschwarz, David Caretta, Tobias Thomas, Justice DJ Team, Savas Pascalidis, Diana dĀ“Rouz, Fetisch

Live:

Denki Groove, Members of Mayday, Lexy&K-Paul, Joris Voorn, X-Lovers, Play Paul, Reinhard Voigt, Sonic Trip, Deichkind..

well, maybe I could enjoy it nowadays too, who knows.. big hall, lasers, lots of good looking chicks - it could bring back some memories.. :lol:

----
anyway, saw chris first time few years back (2000/2001 cant remember now).. and he was woooow..
then I heard him using FS..and he was too flat, dunno, didnt like it..
some of the latest sets of him were very good..

imo, he's ok, just to often in croatia, i'll rather see some new faces, like dylan drazen for example..

conflict
26-01-2005, 12:31 PM
why was picotto so bad at antiworld?[/quote]

davethedrummer
26-01-2005, 12:50 PM
it's the smile
gets me everytime...

neko
26-01-2005, 12:53 PM
yeah he always has a huge grin on his face.
good lad :lol:

killarava2day
26-01-2005, 12:56 PM
His mixing is brilliant these days...thanks to Abelton :doh:

xfive
26-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Not too into his style per se but he's a really nice guy and cool to shoot the shit with... definetly destroys floors in the right situation.

FUSION
26-01-2005, 06:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheRev
28-01-2005, 06:00 PM

Has nothing to do with it. Yeh he uses it, but when he played at Avalon in NYC this past January he was definitely mixing records for most of the night.

And he KILLED it. He had the place jumpin till 6:30 in da AM, kept the place full and BANGED it. Myself and several other people all tried to leave to actually get some sleep for obligations the following day and he simply was too good to leave the club.

orac
28-01-2005, 09:41 PM
won't say a bad word about him

devil behind the decks, stigmata master and guys who has always smile on his face, hearing him live is unforgetable thing for sure ;)

loopdon
29-01-2005, 12:07 AM
i've seen him several times, too, as i am from germany. he is a good dj, even without all his funky fx stuff and so on, he can def. mix.

though i believe he's even mor into it if there's a big crowd, like @ mayday.

loopdon
29-01-2005, 12:11 AM
http://www.cl-rec.com/media/photos/2003/5/31/large/0051.jpg

Mindful
29-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Stigmata and CLR are qualaty.
Stigmata 10 is fuc*ing awsome and the next try E.P. on CLR is surpurb train like Techno
The fact that hes in the DJ mag top 100 and becoming a bit popular dosnt change his skill as a producer to me.

Whitebread
29-01-2005, 01:05 PM
I have seen him 2 times now, and he is brilliant :)

icb
29-01-2005, 02:24 PM
seen him 3 times, and he`s definately one of my favorites.....

278d7e64a374de26f==