PDA

View Full Version : Reaktor

Craig McW
27-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Will be scoring myseslf a copy of this prgramme shortly along with Digital Performer and Peak.

What are peoples thoughts? Is it difficult to use? I've heard it's somewhat confusing....

g
27-01-2005, 03:06 AM
it rules. it can be difficult if you go directly to programming, but there are a billion instruments and ensembles available in the NI user library so really won't need to for a good long while. so in that sense you just bought a zillion really usable instruments, efx, sequencers, manglers, etc... enjoy

Craig McW
27-01-2005, 03:14 AM
Does it have it's own sequencer or do you need to use it in cinjunction with cubase or Digital Performer or Ableton?

I'm guessing it doesn't have it's own sequencer.... I already have Cubase and as stated before am gettign Digital Performer. Does anyone know which one of these it'll work best with?

Barely Human
27-01-2005, 03:21 AM
You can make your own sequancer in it if you want to. But these are usually pattern based seqancing like you would see on rebirth...

Craig McW
27-01-2005, 03:40 AM
kewl. thankyou!

professor
27-01-2005, 03:39 PM
has NI made this program any more stable? I have a copy but haven't used it in ages because it kept freezing AND it was a processor HOG...also it used to cut out notes randomly without any reason (i.e. polyphony).

TechMouse
27-01-2005, 04:21 PM
has NI made this program any more stable? I have a copy but haven't used it in ages because it kept freezing AND it was a processor HOG...also it used to cut out notes randomly without any reason (i.e. polyphony).
I'd guess that's less to do with the Reaktor architecture itself, but the "Instruments" created with it and their programming. I think these kind of things are the inherent limitation of such an open-ended system.

RDR
27-01-2005, 06:37 PM
its a typical feature of past NI stuff that their programs have a tendency to be unstable.

I gave up using Spectral Delay quickly, FM7 caused loads of shit, Battery was a nitemare, vokator was boring and difficult to get to grips with. Reaktor i liked and didnt have many problems with.

I have used reaktor 4 and like it, but i've recently got into synthedit so im not planning on going back that route any time soon.

Reaktor is a fantastic bit of kit used by luke slater amongst many top draw producers. Get into it and the results will be well worth it.

:clap:

professor
27-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I liked the open-endedness of reaktor4, but hated the pain-in-ass to use aspect of it. It worked really pretty well as a stand-alone, but was shite in Logic...for me.
So I bought a Nord Modular G2 keyboard, and love it. The Nord has the same or better synth patch/edit/creation features and is loads more stable. It cost four times as much, but what the hell...

g
27-01-2005, 09:28 PM
i haven't looked at the nord mod in a few years. is there a user library?

278d7e64a374de26f==