PDA

View Full Version : Minimal techno (clicky analogue stuff)

Jay Pace
27-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Allo

Made this - would be interested to know what anyone thought of it.
130bpm, vague Villalobos influences.

Ta'

:eh:

http://www.logarythms.com/whellan.mp3

mrbenn
27-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Not what I usually listen to, but I liked this track it progressed nicely and didnt get stagnent as alot of minimal stuff can. Theres some nice sounds going on as well & the mix seems to be nicely balanced.

All in all a good tune! :clap:

bishtay elliott
09-02-2005, 12:58 PM
reeeeespect man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love the track!
any chance of getting me a copy so i can play in my final scratch sets??
MUCH LOVE N ALL ;)

Jay Pace
09-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Sure. What format do you want it in?

AcidTrash
11-02-2005, 06:09 AM
A bit too minimal for my tastes. Needs to pick up some pace or do something. This would send me off the dancefloor.

Jay Pace
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Not really intended to be a floor filler - more in a villalobos / hawtin DE9 vein.

Cheers for listening & your feedback though

;)

new
11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
i'd bring up the frequenies on everything but the bass. its overpowering.

Komplex
18-02-2005, 12:24 PM
i'd bring up the frequenies on everything but the bass. its overpowering.

Or even better, bring the bass down a touch and leave everything else ;)

xfive
19-02-2005, 07:35 PM
This is pretty cool man. Like the sounds used. I think you could go for some more changes and edits here and there.. maybe could more elements that come in and only hang out for a little bit..
Overall sounds good though.. but the low end does need to go down a bit. Then you can crank the overall volume up even higher. :clap:

dirty_bass
19-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Nice, not really minimal enough for a hawtin affair.
I`d give loads more top end click to the kick so it cuts into the mix.
Good work though.

Udy
21-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Like the clickiness of it and the slightly old skool bell.
Definitely not one for the dancefloor in my opinion and the sub is a little painful.

Jay Pace
21-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Thank you for all your comments, they were very helpful.

I have spent a fair amount of time remastering this, and it now sounds a lot more sparkly and the bass has been toned down. No crazy edits though I'm afraid, and if you are after 4 to the floor acid energy you are going to be disappointed.

So here it is again - http://www.logarythms.com/whellan.mp3

Feedback warmly welcomed.

On another note - do people generally expect techno to be aimed at keeping people on the dancefloor? I've always been keen on the understated minimal stuff, but maybe thats jus' me...

:shock:

stjohn
22-02-2005, 01:21 AM
im big into minimal aswell and for this i would like to see it catch a 4x4 flow better, but as you said that wasnt your intention!

overall the sounds are clear and the tune structured well! the bass seems fine on my headfones and everything sit well. well done! that bell reminds of donnacha costello on D1.

i would be interested in doin a little remix coz ur sounds are cool and got my brain goin, !!!! :roll:

Jay Pace
02-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Have remastered this again, and am probably going to leave it alone now. It sounds pretty much how I want it.

Here it is for the final time : Whellan (http://www.logarythms.com/whellan.mp3)

If you are interested in using the sounds in a remix I can tell you how I made them or sample you some of them. pm if you want more details...

;)

278d7e64a374de26f==