PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Acid Stauration - Live Set - Ideas Please

acidsaturation
27-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I know it's a big file and an hour long set but if anyone has the time I'd love some ideas and opinions on this - It's one of the first complete run-throughs of the live set I'm working on - Bit ragged and a few mistakes but what do people reckon I need to work on, which bits work well etc?

http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~ope3cnb/tunes/Live_with_boxes.mp3 (44mb)

As for how it was done -

Main sequencer is an MC303, controlling:
- an akai S950 with the drumsounds
- FAT FreeBass FB383 through a BOSS guitar distortion pedal and a Zoom 1201 delay
- Novation A-Station
- Akai S20 sampler with the vocal samples.

This is all synced to Korg electribe ES-1 Sampler and E-A1 synth playing loops of their own sequencers. In addition the MC-303 is playing some of the drum sounds on the E-A1.

All the sequencers have 4 or 8 bar loops programmed and then I'm mixing between these on the fly.

The drums come out the individual outs on the S950 and are auxed and returned via a XIX multiFX - (something I found piss cheap in soundcontrol, but it's dirty as fck.) These all go through a main Spirit 12:2 mixer.

The Synths are subbed through a second spirit mixer (not happy with this but is the only easy way I can allow all the drums their own channel - new mixer's high on priorty list - thinking of subbing all the drums except the kick on the first mixer, but then lose the mid eq that I can sweep about as the smaller mixer has only 2 band - but then the synths get jumbled... argh)

Then I just recorded this via my amp into the back of the PC so I could hear it...

Anyway... sorry for rambling - hopefully though can get better ideas/advice etc by saying how it was done.

Thanks loads to anyone who does have a listen.

278d7e64a374de26f==