PDA

View Full Version : Swedish techno dj,s

Dirtyacid
27-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I,ve just downloaded a few mixes from Adam beyer , Henrik b & im waiting for a cari lekebusch 1 but **** me these guys are awsome I,ve got a few tunes of theirs but wow Im thinking of taking it further I might convert to this style of techno because its having it to death Doe,s hertz dj or is he just a producer im not big on the euro techno scene i mostly stick to the engish techno scene ( NORTH WALES & THE FAT COLLECTIVE ROCK) :cool:

steelgrooves
27-01-2005, 09:29 PM
The Swedes definatly ROCK STEADY.. Beyer and Cari are the whole reason i got into techno. I would also like to know if Hertz performs.. Ive never come across any sets by him.. Hertz and Skoog are def the swedish men of the hour.. Props

Fordy
27-01-2005, 09:39 PM
The swedish are currently slowly taking over the world, and ill be wearing blue and yellow when they do ;)

Love the whole sound, very electro feeling and very forward thinking, Beyer, Lekebusch, Mull, Dahlback, Henrik B, Patrik Skoog, Hertz (? didnt realise he was swedish) but still they all fcuking rock.

Beyer's Essential Mix from 2002 is my bible, the first ever techno set i heard and still my favourite.

All in all, the swedish own.

ds2
27-01-2005, 09:39 PM
cough *ahem*

Mirsha
28-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Beyer and Lekebusch were where I started with techno as well and in fact the Swechno sound represents most of my vinyl collection (as I haven't been collecting new records for about two years now). I had the great pleasure of seeing Lekebusch live last October and he was fantastic, really lovely pumping sound and kept me on my feet all night.

Stil the new stuff their are mixing out doesn't compare to their old stuff, I've got some Beyer sets from 99/00 and they are some of the tightest mixes I've heard, the records all gem together nicely, mixing is smooth and there is a lovely progression of sound, atmosphere and pace throughout a set.

steelgrooves
28-01-2005, 02:16 AM
I havent had the pleasure of hearing Cari yet. Played along side Beyer both times he played here in Austin, and he shocked the place both times all the house heads (all there really is around here) jaws were on the floor after witnessing some real mixing !! It was sweet.. Cari played in Houston a couple years back but i missed out..Would really like to hear him but I doubt he will be near again.

I remember the early Drumcode and Hybrid Prod trax.. They used to blow the **** out of all the other techno at the time.. Also remember when P Rhythm was all Cari,Adam,Lenk, used to love that stuff..

andy james
28-01-2005, 05:53 AM
hertz doesn't really play out anymore because he's a family man. however, he recently just did his first live pa in a couple of years at dancevalley winter edition in december (i'm looking for a recording of that!). he also used to be a dmc style dj so he's definitely proficient on the decks. i think dr. octazahn has a older set of his, maybe he'll be kind enough to share it with us if someone asks nicely :cool:

as for the rest of the swedes......i love all of them :clap: ! adam beyer was the first techno dj i've ever saw and he is responsible for where i am today! i'd say close to 50% of my record collection is comprised of swedish techno.

best performance i've EVER seen (dj or live pa) was in 1999, in toronto, when adam beyer did a joint live pa with cari lekebusch :twisted: ! i've never seen a place go off to techno as much as that night! that set i'm still looking for as well ;)

conflict
28-01-2005, 08:36 AM
The swedish stuff got me into techno big time

I remember picking up force majuere by henrik b, and also a red zync release i think by johan bacto. Both wicked

Then i picked up shades of shape by headroom which was just un real!!!!

orac
28-01-2005, 09:29 AM
swedish guys are awesome, they really push techno forward, skoog & bacto my favourite and of course art of music - mankind label

and lekebusch productions - he is really thinking while making his tracks, trying new combinations, showing new ways of making music, not just only that same&same repetative techno (sorry, but skankadelics for example)

Mattias Fridell (emb)
28-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Pierre (Hertz) played alot before, but he didnĀ“t play techno, just harder house and some club-music.
Actually and as far as I know, it was Johan that got him into techno.

Pierre is also making almost every jingle in swedish television and radio :lol:

Traxx
28-01-2005, 05:06 PM
:lol:

koma
28-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I though swedish guys conquered the world already couple of years ago?

adam beyer @ mental, minneapolis..I think its from 1998.. still one of his best sets for me..

also some cari's sets from 99/00 kick ass, amazing..
but,I heard him few months ago in Zagreb and I wasnt really impressed with music selection..

when it comes to production - big respect to all of them..

Mindful
28-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Swedish Techno is top class.
I love Beyer to bits havent seen Joel Mull or hardcell mentioned yet the new Drumcode stuff is very very good indeed.
And @ conflict shades of shape by headroom is mint theres an electroish track on there that I think samples Full metal jacket that shit be quality.

jon connor
28-01-2005, 11:17 PM
always had a sound of there own the swedish absolutly splended. anyone got this track i got it a while ago on mainstation by joel mull sthlm mainstation el mix absolutly amazing stuff . :clap:

i always find trippy sounds in swedish techno that creates a great vibe in the party henrik b for instance always wikid noises in his tracks that sit underneath just perfect. fair play to him.
:clap:
anyone no of any new artists or labels coming out of sweden at the moment ? anything we should look out for? let us no. ;)

just like to ad to this post i saw henrik b at the orbit a few years ago and have to say was awsome 3 deck action wikid artist. ;)

he is a proper ginger ninja. :rambo:

xfive
28-01-2005, 11:23 PM
best performance i've EVER seen (dj or live pa) was in 1999, in toronto, when adam beyer did a joint live pa with cari lekebusch :twisted: ! i've never seen a place go off to techno as much as that night! that set i'm still looking for as well ;)

That sounds deadly. Let me know if/when you find it :)

orac
29-01-2005, 09:09 AM
How could it be ! I forgot about Henrik ! Master !

btw. the next illgorhythm is soon ready for mastering, waiting for something like teorema, avalon or sonachine or side A from manwolf ;)

sash
29-01-2005, 12:46 PM
what about samuel l sessions he's swedish ain't he?

Whitebread
29-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I saw Adam Beyer on new years eve, and I thought he was the best DJ of the night. :love:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/player/audio.jsp?audionumber=20691639

listen to his set

Whitebread
29-01-2005, 01:10 PM
http://technolusion.plant.nl/albums_backup/awakenings-nye-31-12-04-tazzy/technolusion_awakenings_nye_31_12_04_adam_beyer.wm v

this filmed a friend of mine that night :rambo:

Stella Boy
29-01-2005, 03:46 PM
what about samuel l sessions he's swedish ain't he?

His new release is one of the best he's done in a long time, quality stuff :clap:

andy james
29-01-2005, 06:16 PM
anyone no of any new artists or labels coming out of sweden at the moment ? anything we should look out for? let us no. ;)

i've been all over the latest mankind(23) release from pratap. he's had previous releases on sway, mankind, and johan bacto ltd. also i HIGHLY suggest everyone download his latest live pa from nye it's WICKED :twisted: !!!

http://www.cave.no/reptilpark/pratap-livepa-31-12-2004.mp3

steelgrooves
29-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Hell yeah that Pratap record is smooth... Very nice trax... thanks for the link def gonna check it.

jon connor
29-01-2005, 09:03 PM

i've been all over the latest mankind(23) release from pratap. he's had previous releases on sway, mankind, and johan bacto ltd. also i HIGHLY suggest everyone download his latest live pa from nye it's WICKED :twisted: !!!

dont get me started man i bloody love mankind in fact i love swedish producers johan bacto mohonolink god dam legend.......i first got into techno through artist like these especialy mhonolink mankind etc amazing artist.....by the way i just bought some awsome back catologue off juno they got loads mhonolink back cat :shock: mankind 18 :love: strike seven and loads more :love:

quality techno ;)

http://www.juno.co.uk/search.php?q=mhonolink

jon connor
30-01-2005, 01:55 PM

that is amazing ....it reminded me of why i got into techno i normaly play hard sets so its rare i get the chance to play some of this stuff..but like i say this groove is a swedish product.somtimes i cant help thinking lars klien + michael burkat have copied mhonolink a bit from old tracks it seems somtimes a mhonolink loop in a track thats been edited. i dunno but anyway its always been a wikid groove from sweden and that set just sums it up. cheers for that mate . :clap: :clap: :clap:

loopdon
30-01-2005, 05:19 PM
[quote="andy james"][quote=jon connor]
...somtimes i cant help thinking lars klien + michael burkat have copied mhonolink a bit from old tracks it seems somtimes a mhonolink loop in a track thats been edited. i dunno but anyway its always been a wikid groove from sweden and that set just sums it up. cheers for that mate . :clap: :clap: :clap:

well, i suppose they all used Akai 'No Kick vol. 1+2' or something similar.
the more sample-cds i get, the deeper my jaw drops.

btw, it's 'klein'

jon connor
30-01-2005, 07:31 PM
[quote=andy james][quote=jon connor]
...somtimes i cant help thinking lars klien + michael burkat have copied mhonolink a bit from old tracks it seems somtimes a mhonolink loop in a track thats been edited. i dunno but anyway its always been a wikid groove from sweden and that set just sums it up. cheers for that mate . :clap: :clap: :clap:

btw, it's 'klein'

yea cool man i love your work. by the way im not saying you rip his loops i meant to say this really. ;) when i first started playing this sound many moons ago i was always on the case for mhonolink grooves its got a distinct rhythym to it thats awsome when mixing on the decks its awsome tackle to use. the thing is mhonlink has got more deeper as times gone by and i havent sene much work like the famous audio 29 . basicaly im saying you and michael burkat seem to have developed this old style rhythym and its awsome. the whole reason i by your records and michael burkat is the fact of i was well into mhonolink . ;)
sorry for any offence man... none intended respect :clap:

andy james
30-01-2005, 08:37 PM
mhonolink's last 2 releases on mhonday - transition trax & further funkshunz 1-4 are WICKED :clap:

steelgrooves
30-01-2005, 09:33 PM

btw, it's 'klein'

yea cool man i love your work. by the way im not saying you rip his loops i meant to say this really. ;) when i first started playing this sound many moons ago i was always on the case for mhonolink grooves its got a distinct rhythym to it thats awsome when mixing on the decks its awsome tackle to use. the thing is mhonlink has got more deeper as times gone by and i havent sene much work like the famous audio 29 . basicaly im saying you and michael burkat seem to have developed this old style rhythym and its awsome. the whole reason i by your records and michael burkat is the fact of i was well into mhonolink . ;)

hahaha I dont think thats Lars there.. But yeah Monolink is dope as well.. I like his more recent stuff over his older tunes..Took me a while to get into him when he first came around...

Jesper Dahlback "Lenk" is also a top notch swedish producer.. Most of his recent stuff hasnt been the traditional percussive techno trax but the quality of his work is always TOP CLASS! The new record he has out on Blank "Kebacid" is really good imo.. A big track to trip some people out in mid set the get back to the bang..

jon connor
31-01-2005, 10:43 AM
mhonolink's last 2 releases on mhonday - transition trax & further funkshunz 1-4 are WICKED :clap:

agreed dude! but the thing is i havent had much thats grabbed me by the balls like he used to.....im a pretty tuff techno artist so i do like it in ya face a lot ive been dying for somthing off mhonolink for ages that jumps right OFF the decks aT YA :rambo:

dying for a mhonlonik tuff mix to cum along.........wen they do come along they are always special. ;)

dont get me wrong i love his deep stuff to but none fits much in my set these days and i rarley get a chance to play a deep set. so if anyone ere knows mhonolink tell him we are due for some heavey filth :lol: :love:
i will have a large portion please!!!!!

jon connor
31-01-2005, 10:47 AM

btw, it's 'klein'

hahaha I dont think thats Lars there.. But yeah Monolink is dope as well.. I like his more recent stuff over his older tunes..Took me a while to get into him when he first came around...

Jesper Dahlback "Lenk" is also a top notch swedish producer.. Most of his recent stuff hasnt been the traditional percussive techno trax but the quality of his work is always TOP CLASS! The new record he has out on Blank "Kebacid" is really good imo.. A big track to trip some people out in mid set the get back to the bang..

yea cool m8t got a bit confused loopdon left post with BTW ITS KLEIN to me that sugests its lars ...although it could be my dogy spelling and he trying to tell me somthing. ;) dislexik boys no worrys........

S/E
31-01-2005, 06:22 PM

That was one of the best nights of my life. Those two put on one hell of a show and the crowd went whacko. The place was still full and dancing when the lights came on.

jon connor
01-02-2005, 01:17 PM

That was one of the best nights of my life. Those two put on one hell of a show and the crowd went whacko. The place was still full and dancing when the lights came on.
they did a set in north wales a few years ago at bangor university around
the same time 1997 or 98 we had an awsome after party to till we got busted , which then resulted in about 500 people trying to cram into 1 house the contents of whitch were thrown through the window to make more room. hahahahahahahah!!!! should of seen adam beyer face :shock: when we proceeded to launch the beds out the window hahahahahaha :wtf: them were the days :dance:

wikid man :clap: cari lekebusch has bee a long time favortite....some awsome work down the years.

yea i think its fare to say swedish producers put a lot of thought into there tracks and lots of imagination. people should take a leaf outa there book ? they are good roll models of techno....

steelgrooves
07-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Thanks again for that pratap set.. Its really good.. Bangin and funky :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==