PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass -- I bass my life on this.

dirty_bass
28-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Well, this is the first nearly complete tune I`ve done for a while that is techno.
I`m doing a special project with Gotham Grooves New York, and this is one of the tunes for it.
I`ve recently had a move around in the studio, and my monitors are better placed.
Unfortunatley it means the accoustics have changed and I`ve got to relearn the sound.
So I`m really not sure about the mixes I`m doing at the mo.

Any here is the link, let me know if I`m having any problems with the eq.
It`s a tough, funky club techno tune.

http://www.infest8.com/londontechno/I%20bass%20my%20life%20on%20this%20M1.mp3

xfive
28-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Damn straight man.. :clap: They will love it ;)
I'll do an eq check for ya when I get home, but everything sounds fine on these speakers at work.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the output :rambo:

audioinjection
28-01-2005, 04:07 PM
yeah, this is some dope shit dude :rambo:

BRADLEE
28-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Very nice funky dancefloor destroyer Steve. Perfectly aimed where it should be. That sub bass really made the whole thing for me. :clap:

fatcollective
28-01-2005, 07:07 PM
very nice, the groove really works once that bass dops in. i am really unsure about a loop in there though, to me it seemed to be out or very loose, my friend liked the way its sounded but, im unsure, but that just might be the ways its quantised? anyway, its got a good sound and i love this style of techno, so thumbs up from me ;)

AcidTrash
28-01-2005, 07:50 PM
very techno. Like it. is coming out soon. I want this one. Didn't like the sub bass much but I could find a use for this tune I reckon.

Evil G
29-01-2005, 12:25 AM
it's sounding pretty good here, but it does seem slightly boomy and topy compared to your usual. not enough to mention normally, but you asked...

i love the pads and the slow groove. it's stopped playing and my head is still bobbing side to side. :lol:

eyes without a face
29-01-2005, 11:05 AM
only just got link to work? strange, anyway... thought it was ok, altho not a fan of the bassline at all really, plus i think it comes in way too late for a club track, i kinda got a little bored guessing when it was gonna come in... like the little vocal snippit and the stabs alot tho

j_s
29-01-2005, 05:50 PM
the vocals sound wicked. nice shuffled feel to the groove too. agree about the bassline coming in a little late. feels a little empty before it drops.

dan the acid man
30-01-2005, 08:17 PM
im having trouble getting this to play, it keeps stopping

dan the acid man
01-02-2005, 09:46 PM
i still cant get this to play or download :doh:

dirty_bass
01-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I`ll move this to another server.
I think this needs a lot of work to add more movement now.
But the long pause before the bassline is to allow DJ`s to mix with the loops, without bass interferance.
I`m happy with the elements, but it just needs more freaking.
Oh, and the main pad is a little buried in the mid also.
I`ll repost it soon.
I`m just a bit too focused on the Voidloss stuff.

curly
02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
I like the way you have worked the vocals in this one. The first percussion look, sounded weired to me, but soon fitted in well, nice idea.
I also agree that the bass line comes in late, maybe around the 3 min mark as aposed to 3:50, other wise a phat tune.

CORROSIVE
02-02-2005, 07:01 PM
:clap: nicely done.

geelist
02-02-2005, 08:26 PM
I like this alot.
The bassline and kick drum fit together perfectly! :clap:

bishtay elliott
09-02-2005, 12:49 PM
love the track
i'd play it deff
what did u use to make it,programs etc................???
much love!

278d7e64a374de26f==