PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed with CD Burning...

Hakka
29-01-2005, 11:56 AM
HOW do you stop burnt CD's from skipping? I'm furious... I've been burning off mix CD's (66 min mixes) and half way through they just start skipping (like a 1/2 second blip) and it happens regularly, only after the 30 min mark, every 4 or so minutes.

I'm so angry... how do you prevent this? I've been told that you can prevent it by burning the CD's at a low speed... but that will take forever!

I'm really angry about this. It means that recording CD's in 4 to 5 mins is bullshit. It doesn't really do the job intended.

God knows how many of the CD's out of the 500 we have burned off of late have skips, but I swear I never heard any skips on the first few batches, but I've heard them on the last few.

Anyone who has knowledge or experience to help me please please please post some advice.

Hakka

Yoshimitsu
29-01-2005, 12:59 PM
wot cds are you using? i use either tdk or maxim and never had any problems..

dan the acid man
29-01-2005, 02:28 PM
your not doing anything else on the pc whilst burning them are you, thats if your using a pc to burn them

Hakka
30-01-2005, 11:05 AM
your not doing anything else on the pc whilst burning them are you, thats if your using a pc to burn them

No... I unplug the broadband and turn off all software, including my virus scanner. Nothing on except for the recording software.

They are TDK CD's, I bought 500.

I have a HP DVD-R 300 (DVD writer 16x) and RecordNOW is the only software works with it and that's what came with it (and the company Veritas that made it have stopped making it or doing update patches).

Nero won't detect the DVD writer, and all copy software that I have tried says it can't detect the DVD writer either... :(

Help!

278d7e64a374de26f==