anx
04-05-2003, 02:41 AM
just wonderin what u think of him
personally i think he sucks ass
but thats just one whiteys opinion

t

Adverse
04-05-2003, 05:17 AM
i think you should watch your mouth.. you just broke a forum rule there.

frankie has my respect. he makes techno straight up, no one can deny that "computer controlled: live in california". **** me, HEADBANGAA!

one of the producer djs that got me into techno.

gunjack
04-05-2003, 05:24 AM
i think you should watch your mouth.. you just broke a forum rule there.

u r teh nurd.

Adverse
04-05-2003, 07:23 AM
i was teasing :P

MARKEG
04-05-2003, 08:14 AM
eh calm down ppl!!!

why do you hate him anx... i'm interested.

i think he's done loads for the ny techno scene. he's like the godfather over there. i used to love his early bones breaks stuff and musto and bones.

anx
05-05-2003, 06:08 PM
ok sucks ass is not the word i meant

i r sorry

im sure he has done alot for NY, i just dont find the stuff he makes to have much to it, maybe not enuf layers? it all just seems real simple and boring to me

like the new one he did with sims, the sims track is pretty good then on the flip his mix just doesnt do it for me...

MARKEG
05-05-2003, 07:09 PM
fair point. yes his stuff seems to be very basic of late. not much to it.

Techno Monkey
06-05-2003, 12:32 AM
I enjoy his stripped down sound.

:D

Sunil
06-05-2003, 06:18 PM
He is a touch disillusioned with techno it seems and a lot of what he plays nowadays isn't really up to date. Adam X is meant to only play Industrial and EBM nowadays, he's done the next release on The Horrorist's Things to come label..

Adverse
06-05-2003, 07:58 PM
He is a touch disillusioned with techno it seems and a lot of what he plays nowadays isn't really up to date. Adam X is meant to only play Industrial and EBM nowadays, he's done the next release on The Horrorist's Things to come label..

i'd be very curious to hear this.

Sunil
07-05-2003, 06:12 PM
There's clips at this link:

http://www.thingstocome.com/discography/TTC-008.shtml

DJZeMig_L
07-05-2003, 08:29 PM
IMHO...

Love some of his stuff, his lattest album was really nice.. not all techno at all but still well produced and some of it very intricate!!

But then he can make really simple but banggin' stuff as he can make really simple and lame stuff (isn't that true 4 most of us anywayz!?!)...

The only think that buggs me is that this man is the thieve master... He samples anything and everything... unfortunatly most of times I don't thing he cares much about doing a total revamp or using the loops/ samples in a different/ New fashion... a lot of the tracks sound like a mild remix to 2... guess he owes 2 the massive respect most people have to the fact that he hasn't been taken 2 court on a monthly basis!! lol

All in all a producer 2 check out (never heard him DJ but I hear it isn't really all that much 2 show 4 anywayz)... A a fatherly figure in techno...
Respect!

Z

MARKEG
09-05-2003, 12:40 AM
I'm gonna do a total rewind here.

Have you heard his 'Underground Mash Ups' EP ??

It's amazing. Love it. Back to the old Frankie Bones. He's so good at taking samples and making something of his own. There's no-one else out there that can do it as well as Frankie. This record is amazing.

'BANG THE BOX!!!!!'

Sunil
09-05-2003, 04:03 AM
What label is "Underground mashups" on? I quite like his new mix of Blake Baxter's "Sexuality", it is pretty laidback, but as you said he does take samples and make it his own, as he has with "Sexuality" imo. His choice not to distribute Ghetto Technics in Europe properly has definitely not done him any favours though- bar the odd release or two Frankie Bones' name has slowly faded out of the picture the last few years..

Xtraction
29-05-2003, 03:06 AM
I'll agree with Computer Controlled being a major influence in the techno world for some.......I also think some(and most recent) mixes are weak and thin, but his mixing is none to be contended with (well, maybe SonicGroove mate Heather Heart is in arms distance mixwise). He has paved the path for many, and in that respect, if he doesn't have anything awe inspiring to bring now, I remind myself that he had it sometime, he'll come around again.

Tr3v0r

278d7e64a374de26f==