PDA

View Full Version : Novation A-Station Any good??

mrbenn
30-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Im thinking of buying an A-station, I dont have any other ooutboard gear at the mo and am looking for a good cheap starter synth. Is the A-station a good option???

TechMouse
31-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Yep - really good in fact.

It has that really nice Novation "liquid synth" sound, and it's really easy to use.

Enjoy.

rounser
31-01-2005, 11:11 AM
The v-station (a plugin) is purported to sound identical to it, so if you already have a midi controller you might want to compare prices.

acidsaturation
31-01-2005, 11:35 AM
The A-Station is just about the most amazing synth in the world for the price... Bit of a fiddle to edit but well worth it 'cos you can get them for under £200 now..

AcidMutant
31-01-2005, 01:45 PM
I've seen Turnkey are selling K-stations (same engine as A station just bigger box with more knobs) for a little over 200. I've been contemplating getting one...

oooh, should I...

TechMouse
31-01-2005, 02:36 PM
The hardware and software sound identical, as they use the same algorithm!

Hardware:
Pros - Buttons & Knobs, hands-on control.
Cons - Learning curve associated with external hardware.

Software:
Pros - Piss-easy to use.
Cons - Uses up processor cycles / memory.

Ritzi Lee
31-01-2005, 02:41 PM
An A-station is not bad at all. :)

But should also be nice if you can arrange yourself this:

http://www.korg.com/gear/images/products/enlarge/lrg_ES1MKII.jpg

mrbenn
31-01-2005, 03:33 PM
After looking on turnkey I found you can pick up a KS rack for £238!!!

http://www.novationmusic.com/nov_route/docs/prods/ksrack/ksrack_over.htm

They look pretty impressive any one had any experience with them??

whats that electribe like then?

AcidTrash
03-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Im thinking of buying an A-station, I dont have any other ooutboard gear at the mo and am looking for a good cheap starter synth. Is the A-station a good option???

I like mine

AcidMutant
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Spent lunchtime playing with a K-station at Turnkey, I'm definately thinking of getting one - I was much more impressive than the Virus B I had a go with and at that price I might just have to get one!

Also playing an Electribe ESX - the sampling one, it sounded great although I guess it's down to the samples it comes with... oooh

and I need a new PC...

and at this rate a second job!!! :shock: :lol:

mrbenn
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
haha Ive just sold about 150 vinyl shit loads of cds & my nan on ebay so I could buy myself an m-audio ozonic & a ks rack synth.

It will all be worth it though :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==