PDA

View Full Version : Barking mad heavy techno (the best one yet) (no acid)

AcidTrash
01-02-2005, 05:51 AM
A pretty big departure from acid techno/trance. You might call this hardstyle gabba shranz. Whatever it is I love it!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.north80/tangent.mp3

rounser
01-02-2005, 05:59 AM
I think the link may be broken mate.

AcidTrash
01-02-2005, 07:54 AM
try it now.

BRADLEE
01-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I would definately say that this is a nice track. Probably my favorite of your yet Pete. However I still would not label it as techno. It is on more of a hard house/NRG tip.

audioinjection
01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
this sounds like old school gabber hardcore, kinda like the rotterdam at the beginning.......but when it changes up, it still has a kinda hardcore feel to it, but also a techy hard house thing too i guess, pretty cool man

dj id
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah man I'm digging this.......

Not really into this style so you can ignore me if you want but I reckon it could do with a bit more tunefulness somewhere.......

Like the way it keeps on changing though reckon it would keep the dancefloor interested.....

eyes without a face
01-02-2005, 07:22 PM
unfortunately this sounds like every other track in this "genre", the sounds are good enough i suppose, if quite loud and dry, but in all honesty this does nothing for me, its been done a hundred times before and definately doesnt fall under the techno banner

im not a fan of acid techno at all but i still prefer ur acid tracks to this :(

AcidTrash
01-02-2005, 07:32 PM
unfortunately this sounds like every other track in this "genre", the sounds are good enough i suppose, if quite loud and dry, but in all honesty this does nothing for me, its been done a hundred times before and definately doesnt fall under the techno banner

im not a fan of acid techno at all but i still prefer ur acid tracks to this :(

What genre would you call this and who has it been done by cos I could use hearing similar stuff.

eyes without a face
01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
i cudnt name anyone who does it i meant in general, i wud never get into this stuff and wud certainly never remember anyone who made it... to me just sounds like what passes for hardcore/hardstyle/harddeathtrancecore etc etc etc whatever one wud like to call it... this kinda stuff has so many tags i think it wud best be called hard dance to simplify things.... but still, not what i wud class as good music im afraid sorry! :(

AcidTrash
01-02-2005, 08:21 PM
i cudnt name anyone who does it i meant in general, i wud never get into this stuff and wud certainly never remember anyone who made it... to me just sounds like what passes for hardcore/hardstyle/harddeathtrancecore etc etc etc whatever one wud like to call it... this kinda stuff has so many tags i think it wud best be called hard dance to simplify things.... but still, not what i wud class as good music im afraid sorry! :(

That's fair enough. I've never tried anything like this before and even though I'm not into hardstyle/gabba or whatever it's just what came out of todays experiments. I liked the impact it had and gave me a bass I can' seem to get on my acid techno so I figured I'd run with it and see what happened. It might be old hat to some of you but in terms of production acheivement this is a step up for me so I posted it for BOA dissection. It makes me write better music.

j_s
02-02-2005, 03:32 PM
the kicks getting lost under all the percussion. needs more bass i think.
i wouldn't give up on this style, it actually sounds fairly fresh to me. most stuff with that tempo/kick is usually very lacking in percussion, but you've managed to fuse the 2 fairly well...

AcidTrash
02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
the kicks getting lost under all the percussion. needs more bass i think.
i wouldn't give up on this style, it actually sounds fairly fresh to me. most stuff with that tempo/kick is usually very lacking in percussion, but you've managed to fuse the 2 fairly well...

I think that's one reason harder techno tends to have analogue kicks so that it can break from the mess off all the other stuff. I've used aa hard house kick on this one and you're not the first to say that the kick icould be tougher. More bass seems to kill the track tho.

278d7e64a374de26f==