PDA

View Full Version : FAT COLLECTIVE - ZOID - PROJECT 271179

fatcollective
02-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi all, just been working on this over the past few days, its not finished yet, but im nearly there. any ideas or feedback would be great.

www.fatcollective.com/Project271179.mp3

dirty_bass
02-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok well the production is nice, a little flat in the top end and could do with excitation here.
But the overall problem is that this sounds like a 100% Dave the Drummer Hydraulix Rip.
I`d dig back into this and try to add more of an individual element to it.

fatcollective
02-02-2005, 12:14 PM
hydraulix ????? i tried to work on a marco bailey/tom hades sound with a funky london groove. as for individiual element - not sure what ya mean there - just tried to do something really clubby with a solid funky groove! but if it sounds like a hydraulix, im not gonna be pissed off about that, cheers for the feedback anyways ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
02-02-2005, 12:25 PM
agree with db on the top end definetly needs a bit extra'sss' but that might be due to mp3 compression???

i wouldnt say its a hydraulix rip but db i can see where your coming from.
Overall good tune ste! :clap:

fresh_an_funky_design
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
if it sounds like a hydraulix why not send it to henry!

dirty_bass
02-02-2005, 12:51 PM
hello, well the vocals are henry all over, and the groove is just London sound through and through.
Not a bad thing in a way.
But too much stuff sounds like a imitation these days.
I know you boys have a lot of respect for the london crew, but really, wales should be pushing a new sound right?
Especially in this collapsing market we have today.

j_s
02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
like it. i can see why comparisons by hydraulix are being made, but it sounds good, which is what really matters.......

fatcollective
02-02-2005, 04:08 PM
like it. i can see why comparisons by hydraulix are being made, but it sounds good, which is what really matters.......

thats what i thought...Cheers mate ;)

distek
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM

Here here :clap: sounds like a good old stomper to me, ill defo play this out!! ;)

audioinjection
02-02-2005, 04:33 PM
yeah, this doesn't sound too bad, only thing is the hi end, but probably an mp3 thing, and it also sounds like its red lining a bit too, maybe too loud on the master?

but this is definitely a nice clubber track, kinda reminds me of marco bailey stuff

fatcollective
02-02-2005, 11:27 PM
it has been recorded too loud, our sound card setting were a bit messed up because we had changed the studio around, so i was having to push up the volume to get a loud recording and it did sound distroted when i was recording it ....we have sorted the sound card out now and i re-recorded it tonight and it sounds a much better. i'll repost in the week.

cheers for the feedback dude much appreciated ;)

dan the acid man
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
very nice, another great track for the floor, nice groovy bass line, but i would like to hear some of the other sounds come through the mix a little more, good stuff though :cool:

A.P.
18-02-2005, 01:04 AM

Here here :clap: sounds like a good old stomper to me, ill defo play this out!! ;)

Im with you on this one Wayne, top techno workout Ste....nice :cool:

xfive
18-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Nice and groovy .. but I agree with the originality thing. Sounds fairly nondescript overall. Could probably use some more clever edits.
I think if you add a few more interesting elements that grooved in a non-traditional way this would turn out nice. ;)

Komplex
18-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice and groovy .. but I agree with the originality thing. Sounds fairly nondescript overall. Could probably use some more clever edits.
I think if you add a few more interesting elements that grooved in a non-traditional way this would turn out nice. ;)

Just had a listen and I gotta agree with the originality comment. At least change the vocal and put more emphasis on that funky little melody thing thats going on near the start... I like that little melody.

fatcollective
18-02-2005, 12:55 PM
cheers for feedback guys. to be honest im not gonna change this tune im gonna leave it the way it is, at the end of the day its not gonna get released and to me its just a bit of a learning curve producing a tune like this, because i do like this style. im just use it to play in my set on CD because so far its has really hit the spot on the dance floor.. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==