PDA

View Full Version : effect within reason

gumpy green
02-02-2005, 12:24 PM
ok im very new to production and have a quick question for you experienced reason users.

say i have a redrum pattern sequenced at the bottom for say 8 bars. Now say i wanted to effect just the last bar with whatever fx. Is ther anyway of effecting the seq(las bar) or is the only way to have effect units plugged in and sequence the knob moovement on them.

just i wanna add some sort of delay fx to my drum loop on the last bar b4 moving onto the next 8 bars/break/whatever.

need my track to flow better between each set of 8 bars.

All help welcomed.....

acidsaturation
02-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes there is, but I can't remember off the top of my head how to do it.

I think you can set up a sequencer track for any machine and sequence any knob or switch. This of course would only be in the song sequencer.

You might be able to set up matrix to send a control voltage that'll do it to, if you want to run things as patterns...

Can anyone elaborate...??

crbn
02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
1. Create a track for the effect you want to automate (in this case, switch off)

2. Press record

3. Using the On/Off/Bypass switch located at the top left of the unit, switch to bypass (if its wired serially) or off (if its on a mixer send)

4. Press stop. The automation should have been recorded in the selected sequencer lane.

5. If you are not happy with the outcome you can then edit the data using the pen and line tools in the sequencer.

gumpy green
02-02-2005, 02:57 PM
1. Create a track for the effect you want to automate (in this case, switch off)

2. Press record

3. Using the On/Off/Bypass switch located at the top left of the unit, switch to bypass (if its wired serially) or off (if its on a mixer send)

4. Press stop. The automation should have been recorded in the selected sequencer lane.

5. If you are not happy with the outcome you can then edit the data using the pen and line tools in the sequencer.

nice one will try it out after work......thanks alot.

any more help/different way to do it welcomed...

Craig McW
03-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Similar to adding th eunit to your sequencer, you can set up EFX as send returns off the mixer. Add the mixer to the sequencer and automate EFX from there.... saves CPU when you have multiple EFX on different instruments that are automated because you don't have to add each unit to the sequencer.

Komplex
03-02-2005, 12:43 PM
CPU saving is such a MAC thing Craig ;)

(jokes)

gumpy green
03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
cheers folks been doing the send return thing already, really like this sort of fx control.

also thanks for pointing out you can record em in realtime...been messing with this too, nice.

still, what i was looking for(dont think its possible) is to just grab a piece of you seq data and add and fx to that, i think you have to have them in your rack and sequence em from ther.......ak well.

thanks again.

Craig McW
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
CPU saving is such a MAC thing Craig ;)

(jokes)

hahahahaha. Yeah right.

MARKEG
06-02-2005, 08:58 AM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==